• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

Of course I could further combo that with something like...let's say Dynamicpunch from my partner. Would the Normal-typed damage still happen and roll, or would it just transmute into the 100 BP Fighting damage? Would they roll for separate crits? What if I specified that Dynamicpunch happen with a separate impact from the throw?

Wait, so you can't combine Storm Throw with a punching move from the thrown Pokemon?
?_? no sense this makes

EDIT: Oh, I see, the name is misleading. The description says something about "striking the opponent," so it's not really throwing the target? I guess that makes sense, then.

Last edited:
An actual storm throw would be very hard to get anything from, even in what regards thrown target range.

...damn. It's completely misleading. It's not even an actual throw. Completely disregard my questions then. Also Circle Throw doesn't guarantee the Anger Point boost.

Well, surely storm throw will be updated to be an actual throw, but I defy you to punch something at the exact same time that someone else throws it and have it actually work.

Well, surely storm throw will be updated to be an actual throw, but I defy you to punch something at the exact same time that someone else throws it and have it actually work.
For future reference, this is a storm throw, or at least what it's based on (which isn't always what's followed, though, since what we currently have for Aerial Ace has nothing to do with the Turning Swallow Cut).

Ah, I see. In that case, it wouldn't be possible to throw a pokémon into another using the attack at all. We'll see if there's any indication of how it should look from the anime; the ingame description/animation are rather useless.

For the record I was thinking something like Throh Storm Throws Mankey into the opposing...I dunno Aipom. Mankey's Anger Point is activated and Mankey Dynamicpunches Aipom on contact for a +6 100 power SE auto-confuse. i'm not sure what your post meant exactly but it didn't seem like the same thing.

Of course if I could google at all I wouldn't be so confused ~_~

Ah, forgot you were talking about throwing your partner into the target, rather than some random pokémon. I was thinking you wanted to have your pokémon throw an opponent, while its partner at the same time punched that pokémon, which would be very awkward.

Dynamicpunch wouldn't be very likely to hit in that scenario--it would be even harder to aim while flying through the air than when the pokémon is standing firm. Also, if it did hit, then the opponent would be pushed away, and the storm throw wouldn't actually hit, so the target would neither take its damage, nor would the thrown pokémon, and anger point wouldn't activate.

Okay, since ASB is more realistic, and takes a few common sense things from the games, would Heatmor using Lick do Fire damage or at least have the chance to burn since its tongue is made of fire?

If not could be a command similar to ASB Rules's example of Charizard using its tail to burn Blastoise?

an 8x weakness means 2.5x damage, right?
Right.

Okay, since ASB is more realistic, and takes a few common sense things from the games, would Heatmor using Lick do Fire damage or at least have the chance to burn since its tongue is made of fire?

If not could be a command similar to ASB Rules's example of Charizard using its tail to burn Blastoise?
No; yes.

Back
Top Bottom