• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[B/W] Huh.

Chief Zackrai

pingpong wixard
So I was contemplating Garbodor (I wonder why...) and realized he has a rather unique toxistalling potential.

569.png

Careful, 252 Hp 128 sDef, 128 Def @Chesto Berry/Rocky Helmet W/ Aftermath/Stench
-Recycle/Return/Facade/Gunk Shot/Rollout
-Rest
-Payback
-Stockpile

So, the main thought process is that he Stockpiles his defenses a little, Toxics, and waits it out with Rest, Recycling his Chesto Berry often. Now, this could be foregone for a Rocky Helmet and an offensive move, depending on how you want to play it. Return should be quite enough for this, though Facade might be cool if he gets paralyzed. Payback is a nice option given the fact the Garbodor isn't the fastest thing out there, but Rollout might be neat as well. Gunk Shot is for the desirable STAB while keeping with his higher Attack stat. I chose Stockpile over Curse because it raises both defenses at once, even though it has a max of three ups.

The nature is negotiable, but I went with Careful because of the general fact that if a pokemon knows a psychic-type move (and their name isn't Gallade, Hypno, or Medicham) it tends to be Psychic and that is a special move, which next to ground-types are his only terminal threat. His defenses are kind of low, but heavy investment helps to fix that, along with stat boosts.

If anyone wants to give this a spin on PO I would be delighted to know how it goes.

Last edited:
I think having something else throw up toxic spikes would be more productive than spending a moveslot on Toxic.

you do need two turns, two moves, and item slot for rest-recycle, so why not just use something immune to toxic with a half-recovery move?

(softboiled/cosmic power clefable, for example. or wish/cosmic power jirachi.)

you lock in two moves slots and one item slots in order to be able to recycle and rest to full health and status, and then you still have to take two turns.

meanwhile, something with a half-recovery move, like recover or wish, can do the same thing in two turns, but uses only the move slot and can use whatever item it wants. it has to be immune to toxic, so that it doesn't get wrecked for staying out too long, but other status doesn't really matter.

Oh. Okay, I get what you're saying now.

EDIT: and yeah, I guess this whole thing is kind of gimmicky, but I would still like to see how he does.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom