• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Bill's Teleporter

[Alphonse] Steelix (Male)
Ability: Rock Head

I gave you this. Also think I battled this one with my swampert; if Sireafi returns he may have the record.

[Izumi] Kangaskhan (F)
Ability: Scrappy

Whivit and you vs me and Sireafi involved this one as our opponent.

[Kate] Glameow (F)
Ability: Own Tempo

-I think I battled Kusari with her once...

I can't say if you battled me with this, but you used her against moon-panther. If you did battle me, Sireafi was probably the ref for this too. (In the blood place?)

*kicks spew*

Grass King

Grass King and Bubbles

The first trainer onto the stage, such as it is, is Grass King. After briefly acknowledging the cheering crowd with a smile and a wave, he tosses his chosen pokéball into the air, releasing a pokémon that certainly seems very well-suited to the arena--a kingler named Bubbles who scutttles nervously back and forth on the sand before, with a couple of calming words from her trainer, she settles down to perform her appeal.

Scooping sand up from the ground in front of her and wetting it with a steady stream of bubbles, she hastily shapes it into the rough likeness of a crab like herself, pincers working furiously but rather awkwardly to mold the sand into a passable representation of a kingler. The bubbles that spew from her mouth shimmer and gleam with a strange silver light as Bubbles imbues them with her own life energy, adding the same to her model and slowly but surely bringing it to life. A faint silver sheen forms over the substitute's skin, keeping its form together and giving it life. Bubbles finally scuttles back, pleased with herself, as the substitute shudders and silvery lights blink on in its empty eyesockets. Lifting itself from the sand on six spindly legs, it turns to follow Bubbles, heedless of the crowd.

Its progress is arrested, however, when its maker turns upon it. Condensation forms on Bubbles' crimson armor as she drops her body temperature rapidly, chilling the water in her inner stores to subzero temperatures before pumping it out of her mouth in a powerful stream. The freezing jet instantly solidifies on the substitute's skin, stopping it dead in its tracks in an almost comical fashion, the front of its body entirely coated with a layer of ice. Though the free parts of the substitute twitch and shudder as it continues to strain towards Bubbles despite its condition, its legs are too badly frozen to allow it to advance.

Showing no mercy, Bubbles instead goes to it, raising her massive crushing claw high. The substitute remains expressionless as she brings the claw slamming down, smashing it into a formless mess of sand and ice with an explosion of silvery light as the substitute's brief life is instantly snuffed out. Waving her sandy pincer up at the crowd, Bubbles is dissolved away as Grass King calls her back to her pokéball before making way for the next trainer.

Full Metal Cookies

*Lacks cookies!* and Alphonse

Next to arrive is *Lacks cookies!*, looking a little nervous on her contest debut. Nevertheless, she bravely steps forward and tosses down a pokéball, calling out the name of her steelix. Alphonse appears in an explosion of energy, the stage creaking a bit under his great weight as he materializes. Unlike his trainer, the steelix seems totally unintimidated and slithers eagerly forward to the center of attention, ready to appeal.

The steelix lets out an unpleasant grinding noise, gagging a bit, the segments of his body spinning gently, then spits a heavy steel ball into the air. The newly-minted metal gleams as the gyro ball soars up, then starts to come down again, until Alphonse whips his great tail around and smacks it skyward once more with a resounding clang of metal on metal. The gyro ball sails up into the air, and the steelix watches it carefully, judging its progress in preparation for his next attack. As the gyro ball spins away directly overhead, he opens his mouth and unleashes a beam of steel-type energy that engulfs the gyro ball and sends it rocketing still higher, now engulfed in a curtain of searingly bright energy. The audience watches it disappear into the sky, then cheer appreciatively as Alphonse makes a serpentine attempt at a bow, the gyro ball finally crashing back to earth behind him, leaving a crater in the stage. Turning away, Alphonse slithers off in the company of his trainer, seeming pleased with himself.

Free reclaiming my Spiritomb.

Does someone have a record of my Gyarados? She was in a contest against Chiropter's Spearow, but i don't have anything saved.

Byrus and Maothaigh

The crowd watches eagerly as Byrus walks onto the ice--this is the last appeal they'll be seeing this round, and they're hoping for a good one. As Chiropterus began the appeal round, so Byrus ends it, not bringing his pokémon with him onto the stage but merely a single pokéball. Casting it to the ground and calling a command, he watches as it bursts open in a fountain of energy, curling up higher and higher to form the looming shape of Maothaigh, who dwarfs her trainer. The massive gyarados slithers forward, looking determined to live up to the crowd's expecations with her appeal.

Rearing back, Maothaigh opens her jaws wide and spits up a long, coiling streamer of greenish flame, which forms into a large, spinning twister on the ice before her. The whipping winds carry with them streamers of brilliant green draconic energy, and the attack partially obscures Maothaigh from view as it swirls around in front of her. The gyarados quickly follows the attack up with a flamethrower, and this time it is ordinary, sulfurous flames that sprout from her mouth, getting sucked up by the twister and spun around into a raging column of flame. For a few moments Maothaigh is merely content to watch the whirling maelstrom, green flames entwined with red glittering off her dark blue scales and reflected in the eyes of the onlookers. Then at last she summons up a great burst of water, gurgling faintly as liquid rises to the back of her throat, and spits it with extreme force at the fiery tornado before her. The hydro pump easily douses the flames, and the twister goes out with a hiss and a sizzle, leaving nothing but a large puddle of water and half-melted ice in its wake as Maothaigh cuts off the attack before it can get too out of hand. She briefly acknowledges the crowd's cheers before being recalled by Byrus, who proceeds back to his spot on the sidelines.

Anticipation is high in the stands as members of the crowd speculate about how the round will pan out and the judge finishes scoring the appeals. Soon, all eyes are trained eagerly on the great video screen hanging at one end of the rink as it flickers to life and names and numbers start to scroll across its screen.

K I'm kinda confused but uh I'll try and get this straight anyway.

I know Negrek has a record of my Sneasel, because he was in the last round of the Grand Festival and she reposted all those appeals. Since I was eliminated from the Festival before it came back, but it has come back and is continuing, do I get him back automatically or do I have to teleport him over? (I was stupid and wasted money recreating my Abra but I can live with that. :<)

Also, can anyone vouch for my Aerodactyl, Skip/Scarab? He never did get used in battle, but he did get almost used (as Scarab) in a battle that was a mistake on the ref's part and never got started.

Shadowater, I believe you can vouch for Razor, my Cyndaquil?

You can get him back free when the contest ends if you're willing to wait, or you can teleport him in earlier if you'd so prefer. 'Fraid I don't know about the aerodactyl, though.

Sireafi said he's not rejoining, so I'll post the pre-round stats for whenever surskitty feels like reclaiming the ditto.

surskitty [Ooo]
ditto
[Myoto] Ditto (X) Limber
Health: 84%
Energy: 95%
Chill/Transform @Muk ~ Chill/Transform @Muk/Rain Dance ~ Chill/Transform @Muk/Rain Dance/Sludge Bomb
Status: “Oh no… I thought it was getting better…” Dizzy, light-headed, and somewhat ill
Confused (severe)

Sireafi [Ooo]
Vespiquen
[Kuma] Vespiquen (F) Pressure
Health: 86%
Energy: 29%
Chill ~ Chill ~ Chill
Defence +1; Special Defence +1
Poisoned (moderate; 1% damage/ action)

Okay, this probably isn't exactly the right place to ask this but you know what shut up.

So Grass King and I are on our second set of Pokémon in a 3v3 recovered match, and chances are that either my Mightyena will be OHKOed or his Tauros will drop from exhaustion this round. That means that at least one of us is going to need to send in our last Pokémon soon. So, what do we do? Do we just use our new Pokémon, or can we use any of our old Pokémon that have been vouched for (like his Kingler and my Rhydon or whatever)?

I remember that Numel! She was fighting against my old Lapras, which I'm not gonna bother reclaming cause she barely fought.

Back
Top Bottom