• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Byrus vs. ultraviolet

Confuse Ray ~ Taunt ~ Psychic

Oubliette why exactly can you learn Dream Eater but not Hypnosis...? o.o

Last edited:
Round 11

Arena Notes

There are two Nidorina-sized holes about eight meters apart, connected by an underground tunnel

Team Byrus (OOO)
316.gif

[Gastro] Gulpin (M)
<Liquid Ooze>
Health: 64%
Energy: 3%
Chills Used: 0/2
Condition: "Sooo.....Tired...."

Team ultraviolet (XOO)
353.gif

[Oubliette] Shuppet (F)
<Frisk>
Health: 91%
Energy: 100%
Chills Used: 2/2
Condition: Feels well-rested. Upset her chills were wasted.

Begin Round 11!​

At this point, Gastro wants nothing more than a good nap. Just as he's about to curl up in a ball, He notices a swarm of strangely colored lights twirling around his head. They looks so pretty, so warm, so friendly... as he begins to name each one, Gastro realizes that he doesn't know what to do any more...something about a ball, perhaps? Gastro rolls into a ball and proceeds to roll into a ree, hurting himself in the process. Gastro, dazed a bit, looks back at the friendly lights. He has no idea that they're being controlled by Oubliette.

As Gastro looks at the lights, mystified, Oubliette begins to make some nasty remarks. Gastro listens a bit, and is outraged by what he hears. Especially the one about his mother having the likeness of a Slaking. His mother is a perfectly noble Swalot, for Arceus's sake! Being extremely mad, Gastro just yells back at Oubliette (none of his words making much sense) and forgets about rest, for a few moments, as impossible as that may seem.

Oubliette watches the red-faced green blob turn himself blue with all of his yelling. She waits for the perfect moment, and then uses her internal poltergeist powers to lift Gastro into the air. She then throws him forcefully into a nearby tree, where he hits the bark painfully and falls to the ground. The psychic assault stings a bit more as it counterreacts with the poison in his body. Gasto rolls back towards Oubliette, dazed, angry, and extremely tired.

End Round 11!​

Team Byrus (OOO)
316.gif

[Gastro] Gulpin (M)
<Liquid Ooze>
Health: 49%
Condition: "MY MOTHER IS NOT A SLAKING. AND, UH, YOU SUCK. YEAH. Man, I'm tired. Pretty lights, though. Preettty."
Status: +3 Def, +2 Sp. Atk, +1 Sp. Def, -1 Acc. Confused (Severe). Taunted (1 more action.)

Team ultraviolet (XOO)
353.gif

[Oubliette] Shuppet (F)
<Frisk>
Energy: 86%
Condition: wondering why the slimeball won't go down.

Arena Notes
There are two Nidorina-sized holes about eight meters apart, connected by an underground tunnel.

Ref's Notes:
-I'm sorry for this being so late. I really have nothing to say, other than the fact that I NEED to get over this stupid procrastination problem. Again, sorry, it shouldn't happen again.
-Gastro confuse failed on action 1, and was taunted the next 2. So, he really didn't do anything.
-he also took no decrease in energy, so he's (surprisingly) still standing.

Next Round:
-ultraviolet attacks
-Byrus attacks
-I ref on time this time.

Oh, nearly forgot about this...

Ergh, I'm getting tired of stalling, so use an acid spray with the last of your energy. You did good either way.

Acid spray x3

Round 12​

Team Byrus (OOO)
316.gif

[Gastro] Gulpin (M)
<Liquid Ooze>
Condition: "MY MOTHER IS NOT A SLAKING. AND, UH, YOU SUCK. YEAH. Man, I'm tired. Pretty lights, though. Preettty."
Status: +3 Def, +2 Sp. Atk, +1 Sp. Def, -1 Acc. Confused (Severe). Taunted (1 more action.)

Team ultraviolet (XOO)
353.gif

[Oubliette] Shuppet (F)
<Frisk>
Energy: 86%
Condition: wondering why the slimeball won't go down.

Arena Notes
There are two Nidorina-sized holes about eight meters apart, connected by an underground tunnel.

Round 12 Begin!

Not hesitating in the slightest, Oubliette flies over to Gastro and temprorarily establishes a psychic connection to his brain, searching for one thing in particular: his stat boosts. Oubliette is able to mimic all of Gastro's stats perfectly, and most of them are positive. The slight reduce in accuracy is a bit of a trade-off, but Oubliette decides she's happpy with her decision in the end. Gastro, on the other hand, is all but powerless to respond, both confused and extremely tired. Gastro decides to end this match, one way or another. He focuses all of his available concentration on Oubliette, and then spits out a concentrated mixture of hydrocloric acid from his stomach and acidic poison in his body in a jet towards her. The acid hits her, and begins to eat away at the cloth of her form. The acid feels very painful to her and distracts her from thinking defensively. The pain of the acid stings, but Oubliette can't help but smile as she eyes Gastro, collapsed on the floor and finally defeated.

Round 12 End!

Team Byrus (XOO)
316.gif

[Gastro] Gulpin (M)
<Liquid Ooze>
Energy: 0%
Condition: n/a

Team ultraviolet (XOO)
353.gif

[Oubliette] Shuppet (F)
<Frisk>
Health: 87%
Energy: 83%
Condition: "Ugh. FINALLY." In pain because of the acid.

Ref's Notes:
-Not much to say here. The description of Acid Spray's aftereffects is a bit iffy, I'm sorry. It was a bit hard to describe.

Next Round:
-Byrus sends out and attacks.
-ultraviolet attacks.
-I ref.

Last edited:
OK Yami, you're up.

Show her what a TERRIFYING HELLHOUND you are by snarling at her. If you get tormented, switch to dark pulse if you used snarl the previous action, and vice-versa. (fff, that sentence sounds so awkward) Also use dark pulse if she's possessing you. Magic coat any status moves, especially confuse ray, 'cause I don't want any more embarrassing slip ups.

Snarl/Magic coat/Dark pulse ~ Snarl/Dark pulse/Magic coat ~ Snarl/Dark pulse/Magic coat

Last edited:
Round 13

Byrus, cool and collected, reaches into his bag and pulls out a green, black ad orange ball. Tossing it towards the field, it pops open and a TERRIFYING HELLHOUND appears on the field. Yami, Byrus' Houndour, looks towards Oubliette with a stare that would make any Psychic, or in her case Ghost-type, utterly terrified.

Team Byrus (XOO)

houndour
[Yami] Houndour (F)
<Flash Fire>
Health:100%
Energy:100%
Condition: Ready to find a new rag doll to play with.

Team ultraviolet (XOO)
shuppet
[Oubliette] Shuppet (F)
<Frisk>
Health: 87%
Energy: 83%
Condition: Eyeing her new opponent warily.

Arena Notes:

Round 13 Begin!

Yami, Being faster than Oubliette, begins to attack. She sets her feet into a low position, and a guttural roar begins building up in her throat. Before yami can finish, however, Oubliette rockets towards her like a missile, cloaked in dark energy. She connects with Yami, slamming her backwards as if she's been punched. Barely recovering in tme, Yami manages to stand up and begins snarling fiercely at Oubliette. The very sound of the inntense noise terrifies her, and the dark words that Yami is chanting cause Oubliette to writhe in pain. They counteract with her ghostly form like some sort of spell, causing her intense pain.

Yami, knowing her assault is far from over, once agains sets down to try and rip apart Oubliette. (at least mentally.) However, once again, Oubliette comes flying towards Yami, striking her with a powerful blow to her side. The blow stings a lot more than it should, and knocks Yami a fair 5 feet to the left. The pain is intense, But Yami once again recovers and begins snarling. Oublitte cries out in pain as the assault on her hearing intensifies. To her, it feels a thousand times worse than the last time. She feels less and less ready to attack Yami, in fear of her snarling at her again.

Yami is now quitewary, and expects Oubliette to attack any moment. After a few minutes, Yami decides that Ouliette must have something else in store, so she begins to prepare for a final snarl. However, just as she begins to attack, Oubliette torpedoes into her for a third time, knocking her back a fair bit and sending Yami over the deep end. Yami decides to teach Oubliette why it's a bad idea to anger a TERRIFYING HELLHOUND. She laces all of her anger and annoyance at Oubiette into her last snarl and begins to do so fiercely, the mutterings and growling growing louder than ever before. Oubliette feels intense pain and unbelievable fear, amon other things. When the assault finally lets up, Yami gives Ouliette a final death glare, accompanied with a sneer. Oubliette is shaking, looking as if she's seen Lord Giratina himself.

Round 13 End!

Team Byrus (XOO)

houndour
[Yami] Houndour (F)
<Flash Fire>
Health:81%
Energy:85%
Condition: Extremely annoyed.

Team ultraviolet (XOO)
shuppet
[Oubliette] Shuppet (F)
<Frisk>
Energy: 59%
Condition: Feeling quite torn up, and utterly terrified of Yami.

Arena Notes:

Ref's Notes:
-The RNG was quite generous this time around. The second Sucker Punch and the third Snarl were both critical hits.
-Oubliette sustained a lot of damage due to the -2 Sp. Def from the Acid Spray, combined with the Snarl's critical hit.
-Oublietttes +3 Sp. Atk boost was neutralized because of the 3 Snarls.

Next Round:
-ultraviolet attacks.
-Byrus attacks.
-I ref.

Create a 15% substitute, use Swagger and end with Trick Room. If you're unable to use Swagger on Yami for whatever reason, try it next action instead of Trick Room; if you're Taunted, go with Body Slam/Headbutt/Body Slam.

15% sub/Body Slam ~ Swagger/Headbutt ~ Trick Room/Swagger/Body Slam

You're a regular little Cujo aren't you? Snatch that sub for yourself to protect you from the swagger, then dish out some dark pulses.

Snatch ~ Dark pulse ~ Dark pulse

Round 14

Team Byrus (XOO)

houndour
[Yami] Houndour (F)
<Flash Fire>
Health:81%
Energy:85%
Condition: Extremely annoyed.

Team ultraviolet (XOO)
shuppet
[Oubliette] Shuppet (F)
<Frisk>
Condition: Feeling quite torn up, and utterly terrified of Yami.

Arena Notes:

Round 14 Begin!

Oubliette knows she must find a way to escape the dark onslaught of attacks to survive another round. What better way than to make a substitute? Oubliette begins condesing ghostly energy out of the air, similar to making a Shadow Ball. She fails to notice a small detail, however. Yami has a). not attacked first, though she outspeeds her, and b). is glowing with a sinister black-purple color. Just as the substitute nears completion, the energy around Yami manifests itself into a dark hand and steals the stubstitute, molding its shape into a more houndour-like figure. The hand also takes the oppurtunity to pump the substitute full of dark, fiery energy. Oubliette lets out a small meep as she sees two sinister Houndour staring back at her, snarling.

Smiling slightly, Yami concentrates all of her thoughts of evil and malice into a form of intense, burning energy. She releases the energy in a high-power shock wave that screams as it travels towards Oubliette. The pulse hits the shuppet in several waves, full of scary images and burning with dark energy, tearing the very seams of her stitching. Oubliette takes a few moments to recover from the powerful blast. A few moments later, she rockets toward Yami at a high speed like a missile, head pointed down. As she nears the houndour, the black and orange substitute leaps in her path, causing her to collide with it instead. As Oubliette backs away from whatever she hit, she sees Yami sitting unscathed, and her substitute looking slightly bruised, but no more. Furious and terrifed, Oubliette has an all too good idea of what's coming next.

And, to her horror, Oubliette is right. Yami releases yet anothe series of dark, pusling waves in her direction. The intense pain of the blast is almost too much for Oubliette to handle. The dark energy washes over her body, stinging every weakspot in her fabric and threatening to tear her apart. Just as she feels as if she's about to black out, the waves stop. Deciding to build on her luck, if you can call it that, Oubliette begins to brag about herself. <"Really? You put your full power into all of your attacks, and you still can't get me down? I bet that I could beat your head in any day, if you weren't such a coward, hiding behind that substi- oh. Crap."> Sadly, she realizes that the substitute that Yami's hiding behind actually protects him from even hearing her now pointless rant. Yami snickers behind her substitute, she can obviously see that she's got the Shuppet trapped. Oubliette, meanwhile, feelss so helpless she's about to cry. the immense amount of pain she's in doesn't help her much either.

Round 14 End!

Team Byrus (XOO)

houndour
[Yami] Houndour (F)
<Flash Fire>
Health:66%
Energy:64%
Condition: Feeling on top of things, but a bit tired.

Team ultraviolet (XOO)
shuppet
[Oubliette] Shuppet (F)
<Frisk>
Health: 9%
Energy: 50%
Condition: Almost in tears, in extreme pain and feeling quite tired.

Arena Notes:

Ref's Notes:
-Sorry I'm late, personal crap and the ASB competito\ion delayed this a bit.
-It cost Yami energy and health to make the substitute becuase he snatched it. Oublitte lost neither.
-Apparently, STAB super effective Dark Pulse + -2 Sp.Def = /ouch/
-Yami's substitute did not break.

Next Round:
-Byrus attacks
-ultraviolet attacks
-I ref.

Looks like one last dark pulse should do the trick. Taunt if Oubliette uses endure, and chill if she protects/detects.

Dark pulse/Taunt/Chill x3

There's not much you can do from here unfortunately, so turn invisible and Sucker Punch, if you can. You've done well with what you've had!

Sucker Punch x3

Round 15

Team Byrus (XOO)

houndour
[Yami] Houndour (F)
<Flash Fire>
Health:66%
Energy:64%
Condition: Feeling on top of things, but a bit tired.

Team ultraviolet (XOO)
shuppet
[Oubliette] Shuppet (F)
<Frisk>
Health: 9%
Energy: 50%
Condition: Almost in tears, in extreme pain and feeling quite tired.

Arena Notes:

Round 15 Begin!

Oubliette has one, and only one chance left to even put her trainer in a good standing before she's KO'd. She knows, and decides to try her final gambit. She dissapears in an instant, becoming pure energy. All ghosts can do this, and most use it to their advantage. Yami looks around in confusion. She doesnt know where to attack, because her target could be anywhere. However, Yami ultimately decides that a final Dark Pulse should sweep her out. She begins thinking very nast thoughts, and a faint purple-black aura begins to glow around her, Suddenlly, Yami hears a dull thud as her substitute blocks an attack. Oubliette had turned visible and zoomed towards Yami, trying to land in a final sucker punch, prefferably to the stomach. However, Yami's substitute had taken the hit. The black and orange substitute looked in pain, its form beginning to fade in and out of existence. However, the blocked hit was all Yami needed. Oubliette now in view, Yami releases the dark energy in a final torrent of screaming black waves towards her. The waves wash over Oubliette, and this time she does black out. After the attack, all that remains is a cloth laying on the ground. Yami has won the round, and she sneers triumphantly at ultraviolet, probably of lack at something to sneer at.

Round 15 End!

Team Byrus (XOO)

houndour
[Yami] Houndour (F)
<Flash Fire>
Health:62%
Energy:59%
Condition: Feeling very satisfied.

Team ultraviolet (XXO)
shuppet
[Oubliette] Shuppet (F)
<Frisk>
Health: 0%
Energy: 42%
Condition: Knocked Out!

Arena Notes:

Ref's Notes:
-Really not much to say here. No crits, no misses, no luck hax. Just normal everything.

Next Round:
-ultraviolet sends out and attacks
-Byrus attacks
-I ref.

Hmm, I sort of forgot about this. Regardless, since I just noticed how old this was, ultraviolet has 48 hours to post commands before DQ.

ahaha I forgot about this battle

go Xiaoyu
Chinchou
<Volt Absorb> (f)

use Water Pulse, then switch to Brine. If Yami uses Double Team, use Shock Wave, or Agility if she's chilling.

Water Pulse/Shock Wave/Agility ~ Water Pulse/Shock Wave/Agility ~ Brine/Shock Wave/Agility

Hrmm alright, I don't expect you to win this, but let's see how much damage you can cause before you go.

Your substitute should take the hit from the first attack, so open with swagger. Follow up with foul play, or a dark pulse if swagger missed, and then... well, I'm feeling pretty evil, so chomp down with a super fang. (Damn, I failed to resist the temptation)

Swagger ~ Foul play/Dark pulse ~ Super fang

Last edited:
Arena said:
A large, open field that seems to stretch on forever. The grass is black and withered and the sky overhead is filled with dark clouds. A couple of dead looking trees litter the landscape, their branches bare and skeletal.

As a new referee teleports in to replace the one who’s left to complete other more important tasks, ultraviolet chooses her new pokémon carefully. However, she doesn’t have to think too long before sending out her trusty Chinchou to hopefully finish the job. The little anglerfish knows exactly what to do, and Byrus commands his own pokémon just to do as much damage as humanly possible before they’re done for. Finally, the round is ready to begin.

Round Sixteen, Begin!

Team Byrus
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

houndour
[Yami] Houndour (F)
Ability: Flash Fire
Health: 62%
Condition: Feeling very satisfied.
14cz0g6.png
Substitute: 5% health

Team ultraviolet
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

chinchou
[Xiaoyu] Chinchou (F)
Ability: Volt Absorb
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: “...Well, what do we have here?”

As the new referee waves his flags, Xiaoyu immediately begins the round’s first action. She’s just barely faster than her opponent if she rushes, so she figures she’ll take advantage of that! Using her water-type power, she conjures three large wavy rings of water, sending them rushing at her opponent all in a row. Yami’s pupils shrink upon seeing the attack; to her, it looks deadly. She just has to time it right, though, in order to dodge it. But due to Xiaoyu’s haste, the Water Pulse is obvious and is like three circus rings. Yami tenses, then leaps forward; right through the attack.

Xiaoyu gapes in amazement. To be honest, Yami is just as surprised as she is, but only for a second. Realizing an opportunity for her attack, she begins to immediately swagger and gloat about how awesome she is, dodging that monstrous attack even in her weakened state. As if the fact that she dodged the attack weren’t enough in the first place, the Houndour’s harsh words push Xiaoyu over the brink, into a state of blind rage.

Now that she’s so angry, Xiaoyu is determined to cause every single pokémonly possible ounce of pain she can to that Houndour. She takes aim this time, firing another Water Pulse at her foe. Yami gasps, this time having no way to avoid the attack. But just in time, the Houndour’s Substitute leaps in front of the attack, completely guarding its creator. Though it splatters into pieces from the impact, Yami is incredibly thankful she made the thing. It turned out to be a great idea.

And now that she’s dodged her opponent’s second attack, Yami thinks it’s time for her to cause some damage of her own. She gathers plenty of dark power in her body, and, rushing forward, uses that power to steal her opponent’s rage for a few seconds. With that done, the hellhound puppy slips behind her opponent, nailing her in the back for massive damage. Xiaoyu yelps in pain, making Yami grin in success upon her return to her own side of the field.

That was the last straw. Xiaoyu is absolutely freaking pissed now. This time all she focuses on is launching the attack as hard and as fast as possible. She entirely forgets to aim, however, and accidentally shoots the attack down at the ground instead of at her opponent. The recoil from it flings her backwards, and she flies through the air for a few seconds until she’s stopped by one of the skeletal trees littering the arena. She begins to feel a little nauseous, but a bit better too. The hit just knocked a little more sense into the Chinchou, and she intends to use that.

…But not now. Now all she’s going to do is look at her attacker and scream like a little girl. Sure enough, Yami isn’t even close to letting up. The hellhound puppy is rushing forward at her opponent, mouth open, teeth bared. It’s obvious what the Houndour’s intentions are to anyone, and despite Yami’s rather small size any creature smaller than a Moltres would be right to be incredibly scared of her. She leaps up, and then comes down on her opponent, still frozen with fear, sinking her teeth into the Chinchou’s blue body and sucking away about half of her strength. As Yami dislodges and smugly trots back to her spot, Xiaoyu continues to gape, until she realizes in pain and starts gasping instead.

Round Sixteen, End!

Team Byrus
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

houndour
[Yami] Houndour (F)
Ability: Flash Fire
Health: 62%
Energy: 18%
Condition: “THAT WAS AWESOME.”

Team ultraviolet
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

chinchou
[Xiaoyu] Chinchou (F)
Ability: Volt Absorb
Health: 39%
Energy: 92%
Condition:what the hell just hit me.
Status: Confused (Moderate; 30% chance to hit self). Attack +2.​

Arena Notes:
•There are two Nidorina-sized holes about eight meters apart, connected by an underground tunnel.

Damage/Energy Calculations
•Water Pulse: 4% energy
•Swagger: 5% energy
•Water Pulse: 11% damage, 4% energy
•Foul Play: 15% damage, 7% energy
•Super Fang: 39% damage, 29% energy

General Notes
•Amazingly enough, the first Water Pulse missed.
•Xiaoyu hit herself in confusion on action 3, for 8% damage.

Next Round
•Byrus orders commands
•ultraviolet orders commands
•[probably] I ref

Thanks Superbird!

Alright, take the chance to chill for a bit, then follow up with a snarl and a dark pulse.

Chill/Magic coat ~ Snarl ~ Dark pulse

w-what ; ; Byrus you monster

okay so just spend the first action chilling so you can cool your head a bit. there's no sense flailing around while you're angry and confused - take a break. When you're a little calmer, then it's time to let it out - use Frustration; better now than earlier when you might hurt yourself. After that, use Brine, but if your first frustration went poorly and you're still mad, try it again.

chill ~ frustration ~ brine/frustration

Back
Top Bottom