• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats (2019) Mafia

Probably villager
IndigoEmmy

Did a concretely good thing
myuma
Trebek

Haven't reeeallly Read but Good Vibes
Herbe
kyeugh
mewtini
rari_teh
Bluwiikoon

Haven't Read
Keldeo
I liek Squirtles

Haven't Read, but they didn't really post iirc
Butterfree
M Plus 7
Tofu
Stryke
Vipera Magnifica
RedneckPhoenix
Superjolt
Mr. Ultracool

Iffy Vibes
kokorico

it feels like his guiding-discussion strategy could appear as either alignment, and i don't really know his meta :p
very much possible fwiw, i think keldeo always feels solvy and to glean alignment you pretty much have to look closely at how much of it is actually insightful solving vs smoke and mirrors
which can be tricky bc then it kind of looks bad for him if he’s not playing exceptionally which is not really fair tbh but like.

ok so i just woke up and in classic trebek fashion the first thing i did was get immediately intimidated by Lots of Posts and not being Convincing Enough TM

group reads coming once i get my head screwed on and reread everything but just wanted to respond to some stuff that happened when i was asleep:
- trebek, i explained earlier that i gut-read him as pure town but i got swayed back out of it when i actually put myself up to giving reasoning to keldeo :p and i think his early posts read like they could come out of either alignment from him
not something i consciously thought about until you mentioned it, but i am realizing that this is likely the exact same type of posting i would do if i were scum. its just hard to think of Things To Say TM that would solidify non-scumminess when every time i think of something i immediately think "oh. if i were scum i would also think of doing the same thing bc it would appear as town haha"
as someone who knows him irl, i think that he is especially likely to be shy/hesitant to share thoughts for fear of messing up
imagine getting called out like that :(
btw, @ Trebek (and everyone), it's good to put ideas out there and stuff even if you're kinda hesitant about it! Eifie worded it better than I can I think:

villagers should just post whatever the hell they want to post without worrying about how it's seen imo

(much easier said than done)
this is scawy

TLDR, i think im still too used to the ToS playstyle of "your personality doesnt really matter if you can just lie low/deterministically figure out the game" and not used enough to having to have Thoughts in a way that i can actually present to other people

...who knows if this post will mean anything long-run and i will actually go back and solidify my other reads Soon TM but just wanted to confirm that i am alive and around

I feel like any flips we get will solve Keldeo better than I can right now, so I'm going to leave that there

Rari has had [just chilling] vibes, which isn't necessarily bad, but not overly town-indicative

does anyone have meta on him? weirdly he feels like a big blind spot for me
i was going to ask YOU that. :( he hadn't played on here in a while before tvt had he? i remember trying to read old games from him and not finding much useful intel
i think i'm waiting to see if he posts actual content, what made me feel (VERY lightly) weird was that his flavorspec came even after other discussable stuff had come up and he hadn't gotten back around to a substantial post

not something i consciously thought about until you mentioned it, but i am realizing that this is likely the exact same type of posting i would do if i were scum. its just hard to think of Things To Say TM that would solidify non-scumminess when every time i think of something i immediately think "oh. if i were scum i would also think of doing the same thing bc it would appear as town haha"
i think i like this thought process tbh

My solution is to not give a crap about it and try to find posts/thoughts from other people that give you BadTrademarked Illegally Vibes

you don't have to think "How Do I Prove Myself Townie?"!! keldeo is right that just posting your real/unfiltered thoughts will help other townies find you better than shying away will, even if you're horrifically wrong. i mean, i was wrong about everything in tvt, and i was towncore! :DDD

but i think that this quote feels townie to me regardless. interested in your readlist, no matter how unsophisticated you feel it may be

Back
Top Bottom