• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats (2019) Mafia

What vibes do you have right now? Apologies if you've spoken to this already, I still haven't read most of the thread, lol.
No worries! ^^ I feel pretty good about kyeugh and mewtini, and I really townlean mewtini especially. Keldeo is my cop cover but I also like how he incites discussions. Pretty good feelings about you too based on tone, and Superjolt ^^

The Great Trebek Push made me 🤔 about rari, purely based on the fact that I hadn't noticed much activity from them and then the Push resulted in a lot of activity from them in a short space of time. Other than that, not sure to make of RNP and Stryke :-( RNP is allegedly Always Like That, but it seems like they're a bit unhappy about any kind of voting on D1, particularly against Stryke. Meanwhile, Stryke's reaction to their wagon is equivalent to a (shrug)

Also not sure what to think of VM due to tone atm, or any people that haven't really posted much. But hey, probably more mech stuff on d2!
Awesome, this is definitely helpful, thanks. Can you expand on the rari thoughts there? Like, how would you think that impacts your read of their alignment at all?
Sure thing! I feel like it's probably not necessarily indicative of anything right now, but I'd probably just want to keep an eye on other posts they make going forward. Others generally seem to feel ok about rari, so I don't really want to scumread them yet unless they make any other strange-feeling plays. Additionally, mewtini said that her and rari acted pretty similarly during the Trebek Incident, but I kinda skimmed mewtini's posts throughout that section due to having such a big townlean on her already ^^

oh yeah seshas
i kind of wouldn’t oppose a seshas wagon? tbh? this is another case of “doesnt feel as solvey as i expect” which is maybe unfair

@kyeugh, do you mind expanding on the differences between Seshas here and what you expect for me? I've read around this part but it's still sort of unclear.

Reminder: The day phase will end in 60 minutes.

I have combed through the thread again as I said I would, and didn't find any votes I hadn't already recorded (except a couple of joke votes which I've opted to list below with a strikethrough for posterity).

Active votes
Seshas votes Mr. Ultracool (#797)
RedneckPhoenix votes kyeugh (#833)
Keldeo votes Mr. Ultracool (#905)
kyeugh votes Stryke (#907)
rari_teh votes Stryke (#909)
Herbe votes Stryke (#910)
myuma votes Stryke (#957)
mewtini votes myuma (#979)

Active votes bolded. Invalid votes stricken through.

kyeugh votes kyeugh (#162)
kyeugh unvotes (#166)
Keldeo votes Trebek (#509)
Vipera Magnifica votes Mawile (#516)
Keldeo unvotes (#589)
Keldeo votes myuma (#710)
kyeugh votes Seshas (#760)
mewtini votes Seshas (#766)
Vipera Magnifica votes Eifie (#781)
Seshas votes Mr. Ultracool (#797)
Vipera Magnifica votes abstain (#800)
IndigoEmmy votes abstain (#801)
IndigoEmmy votes abstain (#803)
IndigoEmmy votes Seshas (#805)
Vipera Magnifica votes IndigoEmmy (#819)
RedneckPhoenix votes kyeugh (#833)
Keldeo unvotes (#883)
Vipera Magnifica unvotes (#892)
mewtini votes Mr. Ultracool (#893)
Keldeo votes Mr. Ultracool (#905)
kyeugh votes Stryke (#907)
rari_teh votes Stryke (#909)
Herbe votes Stryke (#910)

mewtini votes Vipera Magnifica (#950)
myuma votes Stryke (#957)
mewtini votes Stryke (#965)
mewtini votes myuma (#979)
IndigoEmmy unvotes (#997)

I'll also give a 10-minute grace period between EOD and flips so anyone can alert me to overlooked votes (if any exist).

Can you elaborate on what you’re thinking there?
myuma’s posting overall has been just:
  • the comment about online times, specifically calling people out by name who were online but hadn’t posted and casting it as “suspicious”
  • describing keldeo as being “having an agenda” for trying to form a towncore (?)
  • neglecting to post reads despite having shaded five people to some extent, and townleaned five or six more; they say reads doesn’t come naturally to them but i feel they’ve demonstrated otherwise in even their limited posting, so to me this could conceivably just be an out from explaining in more detail
  • eventually just voting on the majority wagon
i don’t think this stuff is impossible from town, but meh, i can definitely see it as coming from a wolf who feels a bit too anxious to fully engage and is just trying to fly under the radar, either.

What vibes do you have right now? Apologies if you've spoken to this already, I still haven't read most of the thread, lol.
No worries! ^^ I feel pretty good about kyeugh and mewtini, and I really townlean mewtini especially. Keldeo is my cop cover but I also like how he incites discussions. Pretty good feelings about you too based on tone, and Superjolt ^^

The Great Trebek Push made me 🤔 about rari, purely based on the fact that I hadn't noticed much activity from them and then the Push resulted in a lot of activity from them in a short space of time. Other than that, not sure to make of RNP and Stryke :-( RNP is allegedly Always Like That, but it seems like they're a bit unhappy about any kind of voting on D1, particularly against Stryke. Meanwhile, Stryke's reaction to their wagon is equivalent to a (shrug)

Also not sure what to think of VM due to tone atm, or any people that haven't really posted much. But hey, probably more mech stuff on d2!
Awesome, this is definitely helpful, thanks. Can you expand on the rari thoughts there? Like, how would you think that impacts your read of their alignment at all?
Sure thing! I feel like it's probably not necessarily indicative of anything right now, but I'd probably just want to keep an eye on other posts they make going forward. Others generally seem to feel ok about rari, so I don't really want to scumread them yet unless they make any other strange-feeling plays. Additionally, mewtini said that her and rari acted pretty similarly during the Trebek Incident, but I kinda skimmed mewtini's posts throughout that section due to having such a big townlean on her already ^^
Okay, cool, this works. Thanks much!

How are you feeling about the gamestate and your vote now then? Looks like we're 1 hour out. Are there players you want me to look at with urgency? I'm still making my way through mewtini's reads list and sort of digging back for various context, but I love taking requests anyway.

wrt myumawagon I have no idea why some are sussing them tbh

Hey rari! What's your read on myuma right now then?
Their posts ping me as excited!townie who’s a little frustrated by not being able to form concrete reads
I agree that defending them over their reads based on login time is kinda flimsy and not really AI, but I kinda have a good gut feeling about this?
If they’re ever lynched and flip red I’m going to look like a fool, but I don’t remember seeing anything coming from them that pinged me as weird
I'd like to hear more about how Ultracool and Stryke play normally, does anyone know?
idk if I can vouch for how they normally play, but I was with them in tvt (where the three of us were town), and what I can tell is that Ultracool tends to lurk and his rare postings are kinda… visceral, maybe I could use this word here? and he doesn’t tend to give many reads
Stryke struck me as odd in tvt (no pun intended), as like, he would give some blunt reads sometimes that kinda looked weird? (no offense intended)
also his doctor claim smelled a bit funny to me and there was definitely something up with the three claimed doctors at that point. my suspicion was that Stryke was mafia doctor, turns out that RNP was roleblocking him every night and he was the only town between the three of them. so yeah, maybe you should also ask someone else about Stryke’s playstyle lol

Can you elaborate on what you’re thinking there?
  • the comment about online times, specifically calling people out by name who were online but hadn’t posted and casting it as “suspicious”
  • describing keldeo as being “having an agenda” for trying to form a towncore (?)
  • neglecting to post reads despite having shaded five people to some extent, and townleaned five or six more; they say reads doesn’t come naturally to them but i feel they’ve demonstrated otherwise in even their limited posting, so to me this could conceivably just be an out from explaining in more detail
i don’t think this stuff is impossible from town, but meh, i can definitely see it as coming from a wolf who feels a bit too anxious to fully engage and is just trying to fly under the radar, either.
Let me ISO them right now and see how I feel compared to your notes.

neglecting to post reads despite having shaded five people to some extent, and townleaned five or six more; they say reads doesn’t come naturally to them but i feel they’ve demonstrated otherwise in even their limited posting, so to me this could conceivably just be an out from explaining in more detail
this legit got me thinking… hm.
Stryke is two votes ahead of the second wagon. What if we do something for science?
I’m no longer vibin. myuma

oh yeah seshas
i kind of wouldn’t oppose a seshas wagon? tbh? this is another case of “doesnt feel as solvey as i expect” which is maybe unfair

@kyeugh, do you mind expanding on the differences between Seshas here and what you expect for me? I've read around this part but it's still sort of unclear.
it’s a bit nebulous, which is why i ultimately unvoted. mostly i remember seshas as a very active player who was questioning people and trying pretty hard to solve/sort from a pretty early point, so the fact the they’ve been a bit less engaged in this game suggested to me that maybe they’re being less forthcoming because they’re a wolf. however i’m not even sure they really were as active as i’m remembering because i didn’t bother to double check the beginning of tvt to verify, and i can buy that they’re just not as plugged into this game—they have made some posts that have the level of solviness and insight that i was expecting.

I see the suspicion surrounding Seshas as clearly culture clash. Not feeling a vote there
i don't think it's culture clash - i was seshas' biggest proponent in the last game we played, haha, and kyeugh and i were the only two ever on her wagon! the only person clashing with her is VM i guess. you'll probably end up finding a post of me saying this before circling back here, but she has the ability to make really sharp microreads (which she did regularly in the last game) that isn't showing up here. the thing is, in the last game she wasn't really around for the first few day phases either, and i'm going to reserve judgment because i don't actually feel bad vibes from her
I'd like to hear more about how Ultracool and Stryke play normally, does anyone know?
ultracool was town (with an ultimately super influential PR) in the last game, and he posted like a couple of joke posts and a few very "visceral" posts as rari said - where he took people's phrases or jokes a bit too literally, but in a way that read scared town. i get the sameish vibe from him here. he was SUPER lurky there as well, i'm just afraid to give him too much of a pass because of that though

stryke was kinda weird last game (was clearly keeping up with the thread but not really talking) but when pinged/asked directly he gave pretty original/out-of-the-box ideas that were hard for me to read as well. but then he ended up being town doc

i don’t think this stuff is impossible from town, but meh, i can definitely see it as coming from a wolf who feels a bit too anxious to fully engage and is just trying to fly under the radar
i agree pretty much
the comment about online times could've been NAI but i also am just uncomfortable with people who show up only to shade :/

Man, that's a tough read re: Seshas. The shading is my biggest problem with it. Holding the cards close to the chest... that could go either way. otherwise I could see the case for town.

stryke was kinda weird last game (was clearly keeping up with the thread but not really talking)
for what it’s worth, my understanding is that this is pretty much how he plays. he can feel free to correct me on that though.

i’m kind of not feeling stryke overly much right now, so i’m going to switch to myuma. if anyone else comes off stryke i’ll probably switch back though, i want there to be two competing wagons here.

Back
Top Bottom