• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats (2019) Mafia

Oh gosh, end of Day is that soon, huh? Not sure where to throw my vote rn, but I'll try to keep up with everyone's analysis and try to think about it 👀 At this point, I guess all we really have is vibes!

What vibes do you have right now? Apologies if you've spoken to this already, I still haven't read most of the thread, lol.

I'm really, really sorry for not posting, like, at all, but I just genuinely can't manage to read anything of relevance out of toDay. The only things I found even slightly suspicious were the WIFOM-Macavity Claim and kyeugh imploring the Mafia to read more into the kill flavor, since they are pretty much the only ones who would know exactly why and how someone was killed :/

This naturally reads sincere to me.

Hey Trebek, I likely won't stay for long because of sleepy reasons, but do you want to chat briefly? What are your reads? Is there anything you think I should prioritize heavily first thing in the morning to help make a vote determination?
havent devoted nearly enough brainpower to recent posts, but have still been mulling over the parties involved in keldeos vote on me from before.

I still have a sinking suspicion that at least one of the people involved was mafia just bc if not it feels like the whole thing would have been finished much faster. However, im not as predisposed to use this to be suspicious of rari/mewt as i was at about this time yesterday, mewt especially since i still have very good vibes about her concerning copcover. i am currently rereading recent posts for like the 7th time, just bc i am horrible at information retention, but i think im most likely going to put my reads on the back burner for now and see where the other trains go (as i mentioned earlier, i am hesitant to made reads that go too deep until more mech things happen, just bc that is definitely where my strength lies, as opposed to the very social aspect of D1)

While I appreciated this response, looking back at it, I'm unsure how much I like it.

@Keldeo, when you return, can you talk to me about Trebek?

What vibes do you have right now? Apologies if you've spoken to this already, I still haven't read most of the thread, lol.
No worries! ^^ I feel pretty good about kyeugh and mewtini, and I really townlean mewtini especially. Keldeo is my cop cover but I also like how he incites discussions. Pretty good feelings about you too based on tone, and Superjolt ^^

The Great Trebek Push made me 🤔 about rari, purely based on the fact that I hadn't noticed much activity from them and then the Push resulted in a lot of activity from them in a short space of time. Other than that, not sure to make of RNP and Stryke :-( RNP is allegedly Always Like That, but it seems like they're a bit unhappy about any kind of voting on D1, particularly against Stryke. Meanwhile, Stryke's reaction to their wagon is equivalent to a (shrug)

Also not sure what to think of VM due to tone atm, or any people that haven't really posted much. But hey, probably more mech stuff on d2!

Oh, of course, ignore me -- just being dense. Do you have any reads on anyone else?

Mewtini, Blu = Good
Cool, I agree with you about mewtini. Can you speak more to the logic behind abstaining if you don't mind?

Why kill if we don't know. But if i had to vote i'd vote for seshas.

I'll be back in a few hours :D bye

Well, I'm used to commonly playing games that are called mountainous, where there are no roles -- which, of course, is the extreme other side of things, but... from a mathematical standpoint, it puts town a worse position regardless of uncertainties to not use the best power they have in their arsenal, and that's the lynch.

i think i’m kind of seeing where keldeo was coming from about myuma
Can you elaborate on what you’re thinking there?

I’m not really feeling Stryke or Ultracool; they’re not very active but they aren’t not contributing, and their posting feels pretty pure to me. I always feel a bit funny about players who feel the need to talk a lot about how they’re town without it being a necessary point, which is something I’ve been vaguely squinting at in Herbe and VM, but on the other hand otherwise VM also feels extremely me in my mafia championships game on MU (where I was town), which makes me disinclined.

I honestly can’t really remember what myuma has been posting at all. I guess I will take a look when I’m actually home and see how I feel about it.

No worries! ^^ I feel pretty good about kyeugh and mewtini, and I really townlean mewtini especially. Keldeo is my cop cover but I also like how he incites discussions. Pretty good feelings about you too based on tone, and Superjolt ^^

The Great Trebek Push made me 🤔 about rari, purely based on the fact that I hadn't noticed much activity from them and then the Push resulted in a lot of activity from them in a short space of time. Other than that, not sure to make of RNP and Stryke :-( RNP is allegedly Always Like That, but it seems like they're a bit unhappy about any kind of voting on D1, particularly against Stryke. Meanwhile, Stryke's reaction to their wagon is equivalent to a (shrug)

Also not sure what to think of VM due to tone atm, or any people that haven't really posted much. But hey, probably more mech stuff on d2!
Awesome, this is definitely helpful, thanks. Can you expand on the rari thoughts there? Like, how would you think that impacts your read of their alignment at all?

i think i’m kind of seeing where keldeo was coming from about myuma
Can you elaborate on what you’re thinking there?

I’m not really feeling Stryke or Ultracool; they’re not very active but they aren’t not contributing, and their posting feels pretty pure to me. I always feel a bit funny about players who feel the need to talk a lot about how they’re town without it being a necessary point, which is something I’ve been vaguely squinting at in Herbe and VM, but on the other hand otherwise VM also feels extremely me in my mafia championships game on MU (where I was town), which makes me disinclined.

I honestly can’t really remember what myuma has been posting at all. I guess I will take a look when I’m actually home and see how I feel about it.
Oh, you played in Champs? Awesome! What game?

What about Stryke and Ultracool feels pure? I agree with you on the latter, not sure about the former.

Ok so I didn't get quite as far as I hoped, I'm still pretty exhausted from traveling over the weekend (16 hour drive both down and back!) I got up to somewhere around Keldeo voting Trebek but my brain really started fizzling out after this

Here's some more thoughts (just not totally organized):

Up to page 18 and I see that Keldeo kind of has the same thoughts/reads that I had (esp. on mewtini and Blu, and later others have similar thoughts as well so I'm glad I'm not the only one there. I like mewtini more as I go as she seems to get more solvey (also thanks to mewtini for pointing out pages/posts to me!)

Seshas is someone I really want to reread/ISO

I feel like I should have some opinion on kyeugh at this point but I kind of don't so she's maybe worth a reread too? I do see more posts from her coming up after Keldeo's vote so maybe that will help out a bit

Also want to reread rari posts

Keldeo seems okay for now. I do like that he voted to get people talking (and for the record I do agree with Keldeo that it's never too early to vote!). I'm good with him being town for now.

ILS seemed to get town reads for flavor spec for some reason, and then even pointed out himself that it's not something that should warrant a town read but he doesn't really do anything else? Like, I feel like that should have been paired with something else like "you're right that me flavor spec'ing doesn't mean anything, now let me actually Do Things!" but he really doesn't do anything else, and the next time he posts is in reaction to Keldeo's vote on Trebek I think? I'm pretty tired now so idk if this makes sense. Part of me wonders if this may not be a bad place to vote?

I feel like I've got a handful of town, and then a ton of nulls but like not really any scum reads at this point so I feel like I'm missing something

I think I need more time to read/look things over. I'll only be around for about 4 hours tomorrow probably before EOD and idk if I'll be fully caught up by then, I might have to catch up during Night instead (which might be better actually, so glad that nights will be 48 hours!) I think by Day 2 I'll have a better grasp of things.

I like how disorganized this is, I think it reads like cog turning.

Back
Top Bottom