• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats (2019) Mafia

IndigoEmmy did seem to have different vibes in her initial posts compared to TvT initial posts imo, but that could also definitely be just her adapting after learning more about general gameplay during the last game. It just kind of struck me as she was first posting in here, is all! I will still be keeping my eyes out 👁

yeah i want to say in the most neutral way possible that i'm not sure what to think of emmy just yet (and i owe her a fair read after the end of tvt, looool) because of her shift in posting. something that i will be looking out for as well!

a big part of why i'm not as comfortable with reading skylar based on her entrance is that i think tvt's initial climate was also just hugely different, and as i said earlier, i'm trying to keep myself from extrapolating too much off of one game :p

Shortlist of people we haven't heard too much from yet that I'm interested in:

Butterfree - understandable given she's busy with Real Life I think?
Keldeo - real interested in seeing the Keldeoposting in motion :D It seemed pretty fun in the last game, he seems to have a way of asking people just the right questions to get some big thinking happening
kokorico
I liek Squirtles - Knowledge of Cats lore could defs make for good flavor analysis :> I'm still wondering if they have any leads on what Mawile's role could have been based on flavor and character knowledge, whether that's relevant to current play or not.
myuma - they haven't posted anything in here yet, right?
M Plus 7
Tofu
Stryke
Vipera Magnifica - no posts as of writing :o
RedneckPhoenix - also no posts as of writing this!
Superjolt - He's busy with life circumstances too!
Mr. Ultracool - they definitely read everything if reaction notifs are anything to go by :D

v early in the day, i'm guessing we'll hear a lot more relatively soon! ugh but i am impatient ...

idk if this is matters literally at all, but curious about skylar's somewhat random RNP ping in #303

I'm gonna catch more Z's I think, hope everyone keeps staying hydrated and looks after their selves :D

I can only hope to make some actual smart thoughts later ^^ Until then, I guess any posts at all helps with the vibes and the reads?

idk if this is matters literally at all, but curious about skylar's somewhat random RNP ping in #303
was just trying to get him to talk since he was the last person left that has definitely been Around but hadnt posted yet
a big part of why i'm not as comfortable with reading skylar based on her entrance is that i think tvt's initial climate was also just hugely different, and as i said earlier, i'm trying to keep myself from extrapolating too much off of one game :p
in that case simply stop thinking about tvt and start townreading me because i’m being a towny queen 💃

the only people i’m not pretty much null on are

1) emmy, who i think is pretty much fine? i guess her entrance is a bit different but like her play generally feels exactly how it did for most of last game, i think she just didn’t really know what to do at first last time. she still has that relaxed stream of consciousness posting style that doesn’t feel too mediated upon, so i want to call her town for now

and 2) herbe, who i feel like is being pretty towny, largely because he’s kind of making observations about how his play has to be different this time, and i kind of want to read that as towny? but like it’s nowhere near outside of his wolf range and overtly drawing attention to how I’m Playing Town This Time could definitely be a wolf thing so i think i end up ambivalent on him

i want to like seshas also but i have no idea how they look as a wolf so i’m kind of fearful

Oh my gosh, eighteen pages already? Mafia days happen during real-life night for me due to my timezone, so that's why I haven't posted much. This is also my second mafia game ever, so please keep in mind I'm not very experienced at all!

No one seems particularly suspicious yet, probably because it's early in the game and all you guys have been doing is shitposting. :P But I'm excited to see where this will go.

in that case simply stop thinking about tvt and start townreading me because i’m being a towny queen 💃
ftr i actually am mostly TRing you atm, i'm only nervous because i townread you hard during tvt (the main times i felt weird about you in earlygame were when you shaded seshas/rari hard for what felt like/turned out to be? no reason lol, so i guess i will wait for a weird sign like that to show up).

i agree with pretty much everything you said though, and i feel exactly the same way about herbe in particular; i like his posting but it doesn't take me as much out of "What if Wolf" as yours has so far. i don't think it would be a stretch for it to be a LAMIST move, but it's not like i'm actively reading it as wolfy or whatever :p

i want to like seshas also but i have no idea how they look as a wolf so i’m kind of fearful
also, yeah. seshas' posts about you and trebek make me like them, because i independently felt alright about you guys. tbqh it's almost nice to have gotten to see you/herbe as scum last game because i think that'll, uh, theoretically, make things easier now - not a luxury i have with seshas :T

Wahoo for autosave!

Happy belated birthday to your grandma, Herbe!

is it bad if i admit that i am so clueless about what to do d1 that i'm just waiting for keldeoooo
I'm right there with ya.
Keldeoooooo!!
KELDEOOOOOO 😫
omg you guys. vengefullyKeldeoooo!.png ❤

the fact that you and eifie both reacted so strongly to m+7 is scaring me
I've never actually played with them tbh
I have (once) and he's a delight and there's a reason I invited him here tbh!

Also if folks need help with cats lore I can help
ILS, Lorekeeper of Cats...!

@I liek Squirtles Rari said they thought Mawile could be the flavor Gus based on the blurb, do you think that'd make sense?

Their entrance isn't as content-oriented as TvT
HA yeah i was reading her entrance here and her tvt entrance side-by-side tbqh. i agree. wasn't sure if it was maybe just because a lot more people were talking content there than here, but i think she was a little ringleadery in it in tvt ...
@mewtini @Seshas Can you expand on this read for me? I agree she'd been making more jokes and stuff here, and I think I agree on her for separate reasons, but the SOD atmosphere here felt pretty diametrically opposed to TVTropes in content density.
yeah thats a valid point, i think im just too scared of reading too deeply into anything until someone more knowledgeable does it first
This post shows a legitimate solving mindset
I'm not entirely seeing this one, can you rephrase or tell me more?

as far as the Light Earlygame TRs i mentioned - rari, trebek, blu, and seshas seem to have good vibes so far! excited for some more content to come out hehehehe. anyway rip mawile
Can I ask you to talk a bit more about Rari, Trebek, and your read that Emmy is town for her read on kyeugh shitposting?

Who seems suspicious to all of y'all?

Blu and probably Mewtini don't seem super suspicious to me, but idk.
@IndigoEmmy Could you expand on why you think this more than vibes at all?

@kyeugh What did you want to like about Seshas?

@Mawile - look how they massacred :( I hope you're vibing in graveyard chat!

@Tofu - hey, good to be playing with you! Can I ask what your experience is with mafia?

@Herbe - random question, do you think you like being mafia or town better?

(I was gonna ping everyone but felt like it would be mean hehe, so:) kokorico, ILS, Trebek, myuma, rari, Blu, Stryke - have you got any particular thoughts on players so far? Even if they're not that fleshed out yet, it'd be cool to hear them.

I have town-leans-ish on mewtini for good tone(tm) and some small turns of phrase, Blu for tone and general excitement for the game even if he's been pretty bare with content, and kyeugh because -
the only people i’m not pretty much null on are

1) emmy, who i think is pretty much fine? i guess her entrance is a bit different but like her play generally feels exactly how it did for most of last game, i think she just didn’t really know what to do at first last time. she still has that relaxed stream of consciousness posting style that doesn’t feel too mediated upon, so i want to call her town for now

and 2) herbe, who i feel like is being pretty towny, largely because he’s kind of making observations about how his play has to be different this time, and i kind of want to read that as towny? but like it’s nowhere near outside of his wolf range and overtly drawing attention to how I’m Playing Town This Time could definitely be a wolf thing so i think i end up ambivalent on him

with asterisk for Respect, I that she basically ends up null on Herbe still. I don't have the best grasp on her wolfgame, but from what I remember it felt a bit more agendaed, like she wants to get stuff done and push things with her posts.

A step below that, Herbe's felt relaxed and very open about being town this time around, and I vaguely liked Rari jumping in a couple times with random points about flavor.

Seshas is interesting since I felt like I had an easy time understanding their points/logic in TVTropes but I haven't been sold on their content so far here even though everyone else seems to like their contentposting.

Agreeing that Indigo's entrance seemed tonally different from in TVT - somewhat more serious and straightforward - though I got the pure stream-of-consciousness Indigo vibes from a couple of her later posts.

Can you expand on this read for me? I agree she'd been making more jokes and stuff here, and I think I agree on her for separate reasons, but the SOD atmosphere here felt pretty diametrically opposed to TVTropes in content density.
when i read back over d1 tvt after that interaction with seshas, it was less the content-oriented nature of it specifically that made me feel better, and more that i remember her arguing with me/others in bizarre ways (and that she tried to *pass it off* as content-related).

like, during flavorspec in that game, i mentioned that the kill flavor felt weird to me (and this was when a lot of people were tinfoil contemplating the possibility of a non-mafia kill) and she kept saying things that were only peripherally-relevant in a way that felt like it was meant to derail/antagonize me and discourage from in-depth speculation it'll be kind of awkward if it turns out that she actually believed it and i'm just shading her tvt performance needlessly

that doesn't really sound as organized as i want it to and this is getting long lmao but the point is that imo she made more 'grounded', less-attention grabbing plays in early tvt - that were intended to subtly interfere with discussion - than she is now as what i think is loltown. an aside is that i personally feel that, off of games that i've read where she played as town, i mostly agree with her and i clashed with her a lot with tvt; i am finding the bits of content that she's posted in here a lot easier to believe than i did last game, where i immediately disagreed with her dislike of rari/seshas

Can I ask you to talk a bit more about Rari, Trebek, and your read that Emmy is town for her read on kyeugh shitposting?
rari is my hypocop clear
i don't feel super strongly about the other two, but my attempt at explanation:
  • for emmy it's that she feels frustrated by not understanding skylar's behavior 100%; in 167 she briefly panicked about the fake jesterclaim and then said "i feel like she's town but i'm worried about it." on gut i'd feel like w!emmy would leave it alone instead of engaging as much as she did; neither of those things is actually AI, but i feel like her attitude towards it might have been?
  • trebek is my lightest TR out of the group and i kinda sheeped seshas on my initial agree - i read him as pure/lost but don't know how i feel about it now. also, as someone who knows him irl, i think that he is especially likely to be shy/hesitant to share thoughts for fear of messing up - regardless of alignment

Back
Top Bottom