• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats (2019) Mafia

the comment about online times could've been NAI but i also am just uncomfortable with people who show up only to shade :/
eh, I agree that popping up just to voice shades doesn’t ring well, though it appears to be a trend with some new players
see serimachi in tvt who just popped up to suss eifie and then legit disappeared (both were town)

@.skylar yeah that's the vibe i got, since stryke was inno! i just have a stronger gut feel about myuma. also although i don't think i love stryke's responses (the kind of shrugging, reticent ones) i don't know him well enough to read into them :/
and i honestly do not want an ultracool lynch, i've strengthened my opinion there

see serimachi in tvt who just popped up to suss eifie
that was a pretty different shading energy though imo

also although i don't think i love stryke's responses (the kind of shrugging, reticent ones) i don't know him well enough to read into them :/
hard to make a real read on this since it’s easy to fake and an intense reaction would probably be scumread, but i think this stuff could often come from vanilla town or town with a weak role too, especially if he’s not feeling particularly engaged with the game. idk. i’ll kick myself for saying that if he’s a wolf.

Reading players due to meta reasons is going to be a challenge, but I welcome it.

I'm also avoiding giving reads because, to borrow kokorico's words, it doesn't come naturally to me. I'd prefer to wait until something like a mafia kill occurs before I start trying to deduce things for real.

On the other hand, I would prefer to get someone lynched on day 1, so I vote Stryke. Sorry Stryke, nothing personal. :P

Myuma, can you speak to this some more if you don't mind? Why would you not find value in behavioral reads? Same question for koko and VM if they want.

I try to give reads but in all honesty I don’t think I’m good at it, so I don’t want to depend on them when it comes to my reasoning.

I made a few posts about my thoughts on other players earlier in the game because I wanted to contribute to the conversation somehow. Mainly because I think inactive players are more likely to get lynched earlier in the game, and I think they tend to look more suspicious overall

yeah, it was pretty different, but imho still similar in my eyes
idk. this isn't really worth talking about for now but i think that serimachi posting a few times to say "i can't keep up" and not understanding eifie joking (which is probably cultureshock for anyone who's literal-minded) is way different from the myuma case at hand

yeah, it was pretty different, but imho still similar in my eyes
idk. this isn't really worth talking about for now but i think that serimachi posting a few times to say "i can't keep up" and not understanding eifie joking (which is probably cultureshock for anyone who's literal-minded) is way different from the myuma case at hand
you got a point there.

Quickly reading up since my last post and then I am here to do Deadline Things!
do you feel that way now, or are you saying you felt that way as you read it? (i.e. did you read/vibe with his explanation?)

is there anyone else you have thoughts about?
I skimmed his explanation, and it just felt very weird to drop a lynch vote out of nowhere with no immediate rationale as to why, or even an implied rationale (like kyeugh just kinda dropped a lunch vote on me out of nowhere, but I feel like you could tell it was so she could get more information out of me and get me to post more), and then have it revealed as just kind of like a test for Trebek, to get into his head. Most of me just wants to chalk it up to the fact that Keldeo is like 3 parallel universe ahead of me and seems to know what he's doing here, but there's a part of me that just can't shake that it feels a bit off. And yeah, I know he said he's trying a new playstyle, but that kinda seems like a convenient enough excuse. As for everyone else, no thoughts really. That thing with Keldeo is the only thing that jumped out at me at first glance
lol, FTR the reason I dropped the vote and didn’t explain for awhile was (1) because the whole point was to see his explanation and (2) because I went to go eat dinner

sorry if me keeping votecount is annoying, i just really don't want a repeat of the ILS/otter situation from last game where i literally broke a tie without knowing it :|

active votes:
myuma (3): mewtini, rari, kyeugh
stryke (2): herbe, myuma
ultracool (2): seshas, keldeo
kyeugh (1): rnp

seshas/ultracool 797
rnp/kyeugh 833
keldeo/ultracool 905
herbe/stryke 910
myuma/stryke 957
mewtini/myuma 979
rari/myuma 1032
kyeugh/myuma 1040

Oh yeah, while I think Keldeo has an agenda, I specifically chose not to say whether it’s good or bad because I think it’s too early to say. If Keldeo is town, it makes a lot of sense they would want to play the way they are. Equally, their aggressive play style comes across to me as the sort of thing you would do to look town, but seeing as I only have one, rather shaky reason to say they are Mafia I don’t want to accuse them of anything

i also don't think myuma voting on maj wagon is a great look but maybe it's early crossvoting?

Hey Trebek, I likely won't stay for long because of sleepy reasons, but do you want to chat briefly? What are your reads? Is there anything you think I should prioritize heavily first thing in the morning to help make a vote determination?
havent devoted nearly enough brainpower to recent posts, but have still been mulling over the parties involved in keldeos vote on me from before.

I still have a sinking suspicion that at least one of the people involved was mafia just bc if not it feels like the whole thing would have been finished much faster. However, im not as predisposed to use this to be suspicious of rari/mewt as i was at about this time yesterday, mewt especially since i still have very good vibes about her concerning copcover. i am currently rereading recent posts for like the 7th time, just bc i am horrible at information retention, but i think im most likely going to put my reads on the back burner for now and see where the other trains go (as i mentioned earlier, i am hesitant to made reads that go too deep until more mech things happen, just bc that is definitely where my strength lies, as opposed to the very social aspect of D1)

While I appreciated this response, looking back at it, I'm unsure how much I like it.

@Keldeo, when you return, can you talk to me about Trebek?
I posted about this a little last night, but I liked his reaction to my vote a lot in real-time and I enjoyed the fact that he kept giving thoughts afterward instead of retreating into just continuing to post about being self-conscious or something. Not a vote I’m considering at least for today.

This post could be like, setting up ~shade at Rari and Mewtini without committing but maybe he’d commit more as mafia? I don’t really know.

Oh god I forgot EoD was at 7pm now. *headless chicken flailing*

I try to give reads but in all honesty I don’t think I’m good at it, so I don’t want to depend on them when it comes to my reasoning.

I made a few posts about my thoughts on other players earlier in the game because I wanted to contribute to the conversation somehow. Mainly because I think inactive players are more likely to get lynched earlier in the game, and I think they tend to look more suspicious overall

This is pretty much my thinking too, M+7. It's not that I "don't see value" in behavioural reads, it's just a style of play that I'm not used to and don't have any practice in.

As for the vote, if the wagons are going to be myuma/Stryke then I'm going to have to go for Stryke, (a) because I'm still not keen on the online times thing as scumplay - I get the reasons kyeugh's outlined why it could be scummy, but I still think it's more likely to be well-intentioned town - and (b) because I'm kinda reluctant to lynch someone who seems to be playing similarly to me. So I guess you could consider this a vote for "not myuma".

kyeugh: That is exactly what I’m saying. What goes on the end of your trailing “which...”

(that sounds unintentionally aggressive, sorry!)

Back
Top Bottom