• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats (2019) Mafia

I think... my myuma read is largely gut and I see what people are saying about it seems like their posts could come from town, but I just read their posts and feel as though they’ve been saying things without those things meaning anything, or they’re so quick to backtrack when met with opposition that that basically is true

I also kind of liked Stryke’s pop-in about me in the same way that I liked his sort of against-the-grain posting about, say, VM in TVTropes. It feels more genuine.

Also Mr. Ultracool‘s pop-in mentioned a bunch of stuff that’s kind of orthogonal but makes me think his head is in the same space as it was in TVTropes.

I kind of want to wagon someone who’s present and reacting actually but... idk who lol

Quickly reading up since my last post and then I am here to do Deadline Things!
do you feel that way now, or are you saying you felt that way as you read it? (i.e. did you read/vibe with his explanation?)

is there anyone else you have thoughts about?
I skimmed his explanation, and it just felt very weird to drop a lynch vote out of nowhere with no immediate rationale as to why, or even an implied rationale (like kyeugh just kinda dropped a lunch vote on me out of nowhere, but I feel like you could tell it was so she could get more information out of me and get me to post more), and then have it revealed as just kind of like a test for Trebek, to get into his head. Most of me just wants to chalk it up to the fact that Keldeo is like 3 parallel universe ahead of me and seems to know what he's doing here, but there's a part of me that just can't shake that it feels a bit off. And yeah, I know he said he's trying a new playstyle, but that kinda seems like a convenient enough excuse. As for everyone else, no thoughts really. That thing with Keldeo is the only thing that jumped out at me at first glance
lol, FTR the reason I dropped the vote and didn’t explain for awhile was (1) because the whole point was to see his explanation and (2) because I went to go eat dinner
Ok, that makes sense. Sorry for the shade earlier

Oh god I forgot EoD was at 7pm now. *headless chicken flailing*

I try to give reads but in all honesty I don’t think I’m good at it, so I don’t want to depend on them when it comes to my reasoning.

I made a few posts about my thoughts on other players earlier in the game because I wanted to contribute to the conversation somehow. Mainly because I think inactive players are more likely to get lynched earlier in the game, and I think they tend to look more suspicious overall

This is pretty much my thinking too, M+7. It's not that I "don't see value" in behavioural reads, it's just a style of play that I'm not used to and don't have any practice in.

As for the vote, if the wagons are going to be myuma/Stryke then I'm going to have to go for Stryke, (a) because I'm still not keen on the online times thing as scumplay - I get the reasons kyeugh's outlined why it could be scummy, but I still think it's more likely to be well-intentioned town - and (b) because I'm kinda reluctant to lynch someone who seems to be playing similarly to me. So I guess you could consider this a vote for "not myuma".

That's okay, I understand. I'll be the same way when I have to make mechanical reads like the mechanical dope that I am. But this is a team game, so I support all of you trying out reads at your pace.

Why do you think it's more likely to be well-intentioned?

Ok so i just woke up and forgot EoD was happening so i am now frantically trying to catch up on everything, should be able to before the day ends so that i can Contribute

I also kind of liked Stryke’s pop-in about me in the same way that I liked his sort of against-the-grain posting about, say, VM in TVTropes. It feels more genuine.
i thought this but didn't love that he kind of clearly didn't bother reading/understanding the play you made even after it had been explained out by a few people, i think his tvtropes posts were less pure-shade feeling

won't be mad if we lynch either one over the other as of now

oh yeah seshas
i kind of wouldn’t oppose a seshas wagon? tbh? this is another case of “doesnt feel as solvey as i expect” which is maybe unfair

@kyeugh, do you mind expanding on the differences between Seshas here and what you expect for me? I've read around this part but it's still sort of unclear.
it’s a bit nebulous, which is why i ultimately unvoted. mostly i remember seshas as a very active player who was questioning people and trying pretty hard to solve/sort from a pretty early point, so the fact the they’ve been a bit less engaged in this game suggested to me that maybe they’re being less forthcoming because they’re a wolf. however i’m not even sure they really were as active as i’m remembering because i didn’t bother to double check the beginning of tvt to verify, and i can buy that they’re just not as plugged into this game—they have made some posts that have the level of solviness and insight that i was expecting.
This is kind of where my head is at on Seshas rn, btw. I think people may be remembering their TVTropes late game too much as the benchmark for town them.
Good to know, thanks both of you.

Ok so i just woke up and forgot EoD was happening so i am now frantically trying to catch up on everything, should be able to before the day ends so that i can Contribute
go back over the last few pages, there's some recapping/people (Me!) pointing to posts relevant to vote wagons right now

Not sure how much wagons can surge with 25 minutes left
a lot tbh :\ what do you think of them right now?
Tbh I feel a little bad for myuma because they mentioned being a rather new player, but at the same time it'll suck if they are wolf and we let them get by on uhhhh pity? For now I feel better about some kind of lynch rather than no lynch at all :-(

Tempted to even out the votes so it's decided by dice roll, since there's still not a whole lot to go on other than just chance. But we'll see!

strykeposting feels slightly more neutral versus myuma who i could choose to read as pretty wolfy or as uncertain-town

I think... my myuma read is largely gut and I see what people are saying about it seems like their posts could come from town, but I just read their posts and feel as though they’ve been saying things without those things meaning anything, or they’re so quick to backtrack when met with opposition that that basically is true

Also Mr. Ultracool‘s pop-in mentioned a bunch of stuff that’s kind of orthogonal but makes me think his head is in the same space as it was in TVTropes.

I kind of want to wagon someone who’s present and reacting actually but... idk who lol

Mindmeld.

Back
Top Bottom