• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats (2019) Mafia

Having come to a consensus, the cats haul kyeugh down to the time-out basement. As the town members are distracted trying to determine the presence or absence of suspicious materials on kyeugh’s person, the scum reveal themselves and take action!

Butterfree and M Plus 7 wrestle the remaining townies to the floor, and kokorico takes out a canister of catnip and doses them with a plume of the drug. rari_teh takes mewtini by the hand, chuckles lightly, and says, “Sorry, ‘mason,’ ” before giving a snap and vanishing her from the room entirely. With all the Jellicle cats at their mercy, Macavity’s gang is assured control of the Jellicle ball...

kyeugh was yeeted.
She was not scum.

The scum have achieved parity with town.
Scum win!

N0
Mawile
was killed. He was not scum.

D1
Stryke
was yeeted. He was not scum.

N1
Seshas
was killed. They were not scum.
myuma was killed. She was not scum.

D2
Mr. Ultracool
was yeeted. He was scum.

N2
I liek Squirtles

D3
RedneckPhoenix
was yeeted. He was not scum.

N3
IndigoEmmy
was killed. She was not scum.
Herbe was killed. He was not scum.
Tofu was killed. She was not scum.

D4
Keldeo
was yeeted. He was scum.

N4
Vipera Magnifica

D5
kyeugh
was killed. She was not scum.

Scum win!

@Butterfree: Fishing Brother
@Mawile: Vanilla
@Keldeo: Vanilla
@Herbe: Rolecop
@kyeugh: Necromancer
@mewtini: Jack of All Trades
@Seshas: Limited Neighborizer
@IndigoEmmy: Cop
@kokorico: Roleblocker
@I liek Squirtles: Doctor
@Trebek: Vanilla
@rari_teh: Limited Neighborizer
@myuma: Miller & Motion Detector
@M Plus 7: Fishing Brother
@Tofu: Lynchproof
@Bluwiikoon: Vanilla
@Stryke: Vanilla
@Vipera Magnifica: Vigilante
@RedneckPhoenix: Jailkeeper
@Mist1422: Vanilla
@Mr. Ultracool: Vanilla

Role PMs will be split into two separate posts below, as the forum software does not permit me to put more than 20 images in one post.

You are Macavity. You are the scum leader and your role is Limited Neighborizer.

eBpMvAO.png

Macavity, Macavity, there's no one like Macavity.
There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
He always has an alibi and one or two to spare.
Whatever time the deed took place, Macavity wasn't there.

You are Macavity, known as the “Napoleon of Crime,” the leader of a band of scum who want to eliminate the Jellicle tribe. You specialize in spreading rumors and whispers to deflect suspicion off you.

As the scum leader, you perform the factional night kill and can privately communicate with the other scum at any time. As a Limited Neighborizer, you also have the power to choose another player each night and have private communications with them throughout the following day phase. (You may not continue to communicate with that player after the end of the following day phase.)

You are aligned with the scum. Your win condition is to outnumber or equal the townies.

The other scum are kokorico, Keldeo, Mr. Ultracool, Butterfree, and M Plus 7.
You are Bombalurina. You are part of the scum faction and your role is Roleblocker.

V5hXtL2.png

And they say that all the cats whose wicked deeds are widely known
Are nothing more than agents for the cat who all the time
Just controls the operations: the Napoleon of Crime!

You are Bombalurina, the second-in-command of the band of scum who want to eliminate the Jellicle tribe. You specialize in using catnip to incapacitate other cats.

You will inherit the factional night kill if the scum leader dies, and you can privately communicate with the other scum at any time. As a Roleblocker, you also have the power to choose another player each night and prevent them from using any night actions.

You are aligned with the scum. Your win condition is to outnumber or equal the townies.

The other scum are rari_teh, Keldeo, Mr. Ultracool, Butterfree, and M Plus 7.
You are Growltiger. You are part of the scum faction and your role is Vanilla.

EDbFhz0.png

You are Growltiger, part of a band of scum who want to eliminate the Jellicle tribe.

You can privately communicate with the other scum at any time. As a Vanilla, you have no special powers or traits. You are third in line in the scum faction, so you will inherit the scum’s factional night kill if both the scum leader and the scum roleblocker die.

The other scum are rari_teh, kokorico, Mr. Ultracool, Butterfree, and M Plus 7.
You are Griddlebone. You are part of the scum faction and your role is Vanilla.

RSbbgCX.png

You are Griddlebone, part of a band of scum who want to eliminate the Jellicle tribe.

You can privately communicate with the other scum at any time. As a Vanilla, you have no special powers or traits. You are fourth in line in the scum faction, so you will inherit the scum’s factional night kill after the deaths of the scum leader, the scum roleblocker, and your fellow vanilla scum.

The other scum are rari_teh, kokorico, Keldeo, Butterfree, and M Plus 7.
You are Mungojerrie. You are part of the scum faction and your role is Fishing Brother.

V8wGpD6.png

If the area window is found ajar, and the basement looks like a field of war,
If after supper one of the girls suddenly misses her Woolworth pearls:
The family will say: 'It's that horrible cat! Was it Mungojerrie - or Rumpleteazer?'
And most of the time they leave it at that.

You are Mungojerrie, one-half of a duo of infamous cat burglars and part of a band of scum who want to eliminate the Jellicle tribe. You have a special connection with your partner Rumpleteazer, who is M Plus 7.

You can privately communicate with the other scum at any time. As a Fishing Brother, you have the power to kill one player of your choice during the next night phase after Rumpleteazer dies. You are last in line to inherit the scum’s factional night kill, and you can only inherit it after you’ve used your Fishing Brother kill.

The other scum are rari_teh, kokorico, Keldeo, Mr. Ultracool, and M Plus 7.
You are Rumpleteazer. You are part of the scum faction and your role is Fishing Brother.

nUkuEqu.png

If the area window is found ajar, and the basement looks like a field of war,
If after supper one of the girls suddenly misses her Woolworth pearls:
The family will say: 'It's that horrible cat! Was it Mungojerrie - or Rumpleteazer?'
And most of the time they leave it at that.

You are Rumpleteazer, one-half of a duo of infamous cat burglars and part of a band of scum who want to eliminate the Jellicle tribe. You have a special connection with your partner Mungojerrie, who is Butterfree.

You can privately communicate with the other scum at any time. As a Fishing Brother, you have the power to kill one player of your choice during the next night phase after Mungojerrie dies. You are last in line to inherit the scum’s factional night kill, and you can only inherit it after you’ve used your Fishing Brother kill.

The other scum are rari_teh, kokorico, Keldeo, Mr. Ultracool, and Butterfree.

You are Victoria. Your role is Rolecop.

Z53ncmJ.png

All that I wanted was to be wanted.
Too young to wander London streets, alone and haunted.
Born into nothing; at least you have something -
Something to cling to, visions of dazzling rooms I'll never get let into.
And the memories were lost long ago,
But at least you have beautiful ghosts.

You are Victoria, an abandoned kitten longing to find a place where she belongs. Newly introduced into the Jellicle tribe, you spend your nights learning what each of your fellow cats does in their spare time.

As a Rolecop, you have the power to inspect another player each night and discover the name of their role or roles. However, this does not tell you their alignment.

You are aligned with the town. Your win condition is for all the scum to be dead.
You are Old Deuteronomy. Your role is Necromancer.

BANaVO9.png

And the Jellicle leader will soon appear
And make what is known as the Jellicle choice:
When Old Deuteronomy, just before dawn,
Through a silence you feel you could cut with a knife,
Announces the cat who can now be reborn
And come back to a different Jellicle life.

You are Old Deuteronomy, the ancient matriarch of the Jellicle tribe. At the annual Jellicle Ball, it is your responsibility to choose a cat who will ascend to the Heaviside Layer and be reborn into a new life.

As a one-shot Necromancer, you have the power to choose one dead player at any time in the course of the game, and at the start of the next day phase, they will be returned to life. You may only use this power once.

You are aligned with the town. Your win condition is for all the scum to be dead.
You are Grizabella. Your roles are Miller and Motion Detector.

rI6S4Pa.png

Remark the cat who hesitates towards you
In the light of the door which opens on her like a grin.
You see the border of her coat is torn and stained with sand,
And you see the corner of her eye twists like a crooked pin.

You are Grizabella, a once-glamorous cat who has become an exile from the Jellicle tribe, cruelly mistrusted by the other cats. You dream of your long-lost glory days as you stay on the outskirts of the colony, watching the activities that go on in the night.

As a Miller, you will be seen as scum by inspections. (You will still flip as not scum if you are killed.) As a Motion Detector, you have the power to choose another player each night to detect whether any actions were performed by or on that player.

You are Mr. Mistoffelees. Your role is Jack of All Trades.

l67cLvo.png

And we all say: ‘Oh! Well, I never!
Was there ever a cat so clever
As magical Mr. Mistoffelees?’

You are Mr. Mistoffelees, the Jellicle tribe’s magician-in-training who can tap into many kinds of magic but specializes in none.

As a Jack of All Trades, you have the power to choose another player each night and either kill them, track them (to learn whom they targeted), or heal them (to protect them from being killed). You must use all three options before you can repeat a power you’ve already used (and then must use all three again before you can repeat again, and so on).

You are Munkustrap. Your role is Doctor.

DiJZBhp.png

Jellicle Cats come out tonight.
Jellicle Cats, come one, come all.
The Jellicle Moon is shining bright.
Jellicles come to the Jellicle Ball.

You are Munkustrap, a leader in the Jellicle tribe who guards vulnerable cats and guides them in the Jellicle way of life.

As a Doctor, you have the power to protect another player each night, preventing them from being killed.

You are Jennyanydots. Your role is Vigilante.

ed2A75I.png

But when the day’s hustle and bustle is done,
Then the Gumbie Cat’s work is but hardly begun.

You are Jennyanydots, the old Gumbie Cat who keeps the household running with her army of mice and cockroaches. Now, with the Jellicle tribe under attack, maybe you can put that army to an even better use...

As a Vigilante, you have the power to kill another player each night.

You are Bustopher Jones. Your role is Lynchproof.

O3Xkvzi.png

He's the cat we all greet as he walks down the street
In his coat of fastidious black;
And we're all of us proud to be nodded or bowed to
By Bustopher Jones in white spats.

You are Bustopher Jones, a hoity-toity cat of the upper classes. You are well known among your peers in the Jellicle tribe, and their trust in you could be your saving grace.

As a one-shot Lynchproof, you will automatically survive the first time the town tries to lynch you.

You are the Rum Tum Tugger. Your role is Limited Neighborizer.

v0BkIAN.png

The Rum Tum Tugger is a curious cat,
And there isn't any use for you to doubt it.
For he will do as he do, do,
And there's no doing anything about it.

You are the Rum Tum Tugger, a womanizing tomcat who can’t make up his mind and does whatever he likes, without regard for what anyone thinks.

As a Limited Neighborizer, you have the power to choose another player each night and have private communications with them throughout the following day phase. (You may not continue to communicate with that player after the end of the following day phase.)

You are Gus the Theatre Cat. Your role is Jailkeeper.

tNfOEdJ.png

I have played in my time every possible part,
And I used to know seventy speeches by heart.
I'd extemporize back chat, I knew how to gag,
And I knew how to let the cat out of the bag.

You are Gus the Theatre Cat, an old Jellicle actor who loves to talk about the good old days when he was in his prime. In fact, you could talk all night long about it, keeping one of your fellow cats busy and unable to do anything else.

As a Jailkeeper, you have the power to choose another player each night and prevent them from using night actions and from being killed.

You are Skimbleshanks. Your role is Cop.

j9H7uuR.png

Down the corridor he paces
And examines all the faces
Of the travellers in the first and the third.
He establishes control by a regular patrol,
And he'd know at once if anything occurred.

You are Skimbleshanks, the railway cat who ensures the trains run smoothly. You have an eye for detail and a reputation for keeping things under control.

As a Cop, you have the power to inspect another player each night and discover their alignment.

You are Cassandra. Your role is Vanilla.

nYVGLpX.png

When you fall on your head, do you land on your feet?
Are you tense when you sense there's a storm in the air?
Can you find your way blind when you're lost in the street?
Do you know how to go to the Heaviside Layer?
Because Jellicles can and Jellicles do!

You are Cassandra, a member of the Jellicle tribe.

As a Vanilla, you have no special powers or traits.

You are Demeter. Your role is Vanilla.

gNh517W.png

You are Demeter, a member of the Jellicle tribe.

You are Coricopat. Your role is Vanilla.

0a00xNV.png

You are Coricopat, a member of the Jellicle tribe.

You are Jellylorum. Your role is Vanilla.

gQTxKhU.png

You are Jellylorum, a member of the Jellicle tribe.

You are Syllabub. Your role is Vanilla.

VnXgOKX.png

You are Syllabub, a member of the Jellicle tribe.

for real, i felt like the biggest asshole in the world dissociating myself from mafia!me in that neighbourchat
it was, at the same time, genuinely where i could vent and air and just chill and also the place that haunted me at night for what i was doing
i am especially sorry, mewtini :((( i hope we can be, one day, masons for real… we were on a roll there
something must be said about a private comm when it manages to get four times longer than the scumchat

i’m never going to confidently push someone ever again
I know this feeling well. You seriously tried your best from everything I could tell, and as long as you had fun and feel like you learned about yourself and can improve, I think that's a game you should be proud of.

You will be wrong again at some point, it happens to all of us!
To add to this: It doesn't mean you shouldn't believe in yourself or your cases if you feel you have reason to. Sometimes you will get it right, and it will be worth the subsequent euphoria. That's a solid part of why I'm still playing even after everything that's happened in my life during my career.

Another part is the people. Mafia folks are some of the best, especially when you find a great community.

Needless to say, I felt overwhelmingly welcome and at ease here, and I hope to play with as many of you as possible again.

for real, i felt like the biggest asshole in the world dissociating myself from mafia!me in that neighbourchat
it was, at the same time, genuinely where i could vent and air and just chill and also the place that haunted me at night for what i was doing
i am especially sorry, mewtini :((( i hope we can be, one day, masons for real… we were on a roll there
something must be said about a private comm when it manages to get four times longer than the scumchat

You did what you felt you needed to in order to win! That's fine for sure.

I know this feeling well. You seriously tried your best from everything I could tell, and as long as you had fun and feel like you learned about yourself and can improve, I think that's a game you should be proud of.

To add to this: It doesn't mean you shouldn't believe in yourself or your cases if you feel you have reason to. Sometimes you will get it right, and it will be worth the subsequent euphoria. That's a solid part of why I'm still playing even after everything that's happened in my life during my career.

Another part is the people. Mafia folks are some of the best, especially when you find a great community.

Needless to say, I felt overwhelmingly welcome and at ease here, and I hope to play with as many of you as possible again.
this genuinely means a lot

thank you <3

this genuinely means a lot

thank you <3
Absolutely, it's all true. I genuinely admired your play especially considering how early you are in your career. I think you have only one way to go and it's up!

Back
Top Bottom