• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Chief Zackrai vs. Byrus

bulbasaur

Not quite e^(-(x-μ)²/(2σ²)) / (σ√(2π))
4vs4 Single
Style: set
DQ: seven Days
Damage Cap: none
Banned Moves: OHKO, taunt
Arena: The Skaian Battlefield

That's right, the Skaian Battlefield. It is a large open field that has a checker pattern throughout. There are some hills in the distance, and there is a river off to the side. After three rounds, Jack Noir will fly in and kill the white king, taking his staff. After this, the Reckoning will begin. Two rounds after the Reckoning begins, the orbiting moon Prospit will fall down and KO any pokemon that cannot dodge it. Every round after the Reckoning begins, excluding the round when Prospit falls onto the field, there is a 25% chance that one of the meteors around Skaia will fall down and hit one of the pokemon that is out. These meteors have a 50/50 chance of being treated as either Draco Meteor or Meteor Mash, as thrown by a third stage dragon or steel typed pokemon, respectively.

Pokémon

Chief Zackrai's Active Pokémon:

Tyrogue
Link
Tyrogue with ability Guts
0 EXP

Drowzee
Hypnos
Drowzee with ability Forewarn
0 EXP

Numel
Clyde
Numel with ability Simple
0 EXP

Wooper
Persephone
Wooper with ability Damp
0 EXP

Croagunk
GaMzEe
Croagunk with ability Anticipation. You know what I don't think I can describe his signature move and mod effectively so I'll just direct you to their page.
0 EXP

Solosis
2ollux
Solosis with ability Magic Guard
0 EXP

Bidoof
Zeus
Bidoof with ability Simple
1 EXP

Magnemite
North Pole
Indeterminate Magnemite with ability Plus. It comes from the North and therefore is Ice/Steel type, and has a movepool modification outlined in its body mod
1 EXP

Poliwagwater-stone
Rocky Balboa
Poliwag with ability Damp holding a Water Stone
0 EXP

Krabby
Dutchman
Krabby with ability Shell Armor
0 EXP

Byrus' Active Pokémon:
Houndoomelectirizer
Yami
Houndoom with ability Flash Fire holding an Electirizer
5 EXP

Stunkyblack-sludge
Ruaig
Stunky with ability Stench holding Black Sludge. Has taken a Levitation course which enables him to levitate to a height of not greater than 2 metres at the cost of 2 energy.
1 EXP

Swalotblack-sludge
Gastro
Swalot with ability Sticky Hold holding Black Sludge
4 EXP

Starly
Zoltan
Starly with ability Keen Eye
1 EXP

Venonatbig-root
Claiborne
Venonat with ability Compoundeyes holding a Big Root
0 EXP

Hoppipbig-root
Kitten Gin
Hoppip with ability Chlorophyll holding a Big Root
0 EXP

Mimejrtwistedspoon
Gamzee
Mime Jr. with ability Filter holding a Twistedspoon
1 EXP

Rattatarazor-claw
Nurglitch
Rattata with ability Guts holding a Razor Claw. He maintains poor hygiene and a poor appearance which leads to effects described in his body mod.
0 EXP

Misdreavusdusk-stone
Misery
Misdreavus with ability Levitate holding a Dusk Stone
0 EXP

Bronzor
Spencer
Indeterminate Bronzor with ability Heatproof
0 EXP

Attack order:
  1. Chief Zackrai sends out Pokémon
  2. Byrus sends out Pokémon and gives commands
  3. Chief Zackrai gives commands
  4. I try not to failref

Last edited:
Gamzee vs Gamzee then? You can refer to my Gamzee as Makara to avoid confusion.

Well, we have an obvious advantage here, so let's go all out. Start tossing out some psychics, and swap to psybeam if you get tormented. Quickly set up a small substitute if super fang crops up.

Psychic/Substitute (10%) ~ Psychic/Psybeam/Substitute(10%) x2

Well, since you're definitelybslower, GaMzEe, and since he's going for all Psychics, throw two Sucker punches, and if you're still alive the third action somehow, use Payback.

Sucker Punch~Sucker Punch~Payback

Within the realm of Asber, there exist a few distinct dimensions. There’s the standard length, width, depth, and time; but there’s also the dimension where materials magically come into existence, the dimension where the Random Number Gods process their sacrifices from their rather numerous following, and then, there’s the dimension of Homestuck. Apparently, enough people in ASB wanted to have battles there that it spontaneously came into existence and is now accessible via a divided highway.

Along that divided highway did Byrus, Chief Zackrai, and Bulbasaur come. Two of them practically lived in that dimension, while the other was new to it. Driving past various unfamiliar places such as the Land of Light and Rain, a bunch of hives, and Alternia, the battlers finally went into what was called the Incipisphere, a part of which was where the battle was to take place. Spotting from afar the chessboard-like battlefield, the referee reviewed the rules of the battle as they approached the battlefield. When they arrived, the battlers sent their Pokémon out, both of them named after a certain Homestuck character. Bulbasaur should have expected this. Sighing, he prepared the flags and the Pokémon, before signaling for the battle to begin.

Pokémon

Chief Zackrai (OOOO)
Active
Croagunk
GaMzEe
Croagunk with ability Anticipation
Health:100%
Energy:100%

Byrus (OOOO)
Active
Mimejrtwistedspoon
Gamzee
Health:100%
Energy:100%
Psychic/Substitute (10%) ~ Psychic/Psybeam/Substitute(10%) ~ Psychic/Psybeam/Substitute(10%)

Round 1 begin!

Makara, the Mime Jr, following his orders, set up a link into the susceptible GaMzEe’s mind, but before Makara could complete it, the Croagunk launched himself with lightning speed at a very surprised Makara. He hit Makara with a shadowy punch before rapidly retreating, but he didn’t get far as he felt his brain being prodded – and pain, pure pain, that lasted a brief while before receding. Just as Makara was about to set up the link again, though, GaMzEe again came with a powerful dark punch. Makara, grumbling, continued to set up the link and poke around in GaMzEe’s mind. He found a bunch of colourful shapes, random thoughts, and a craving for Sopor Slime Pies. Brushing those off, he again found GaMzEe’s pain centres and again applied them, but this time, he seemed to have hit a particularly effective spot as GaMzEe screeched and cowered in pain.

Makara established the link again and stimulated the pain centres, ignoring the dark thoughts that were forming in GaMzEe’s mind. Basking in GaMzEe’s strangely contorted brain, Makara was surprised when GaMzEe unleashed upon him a powerful, effective attack. Makara was barely able to filter out some of the pain. Opening his eyes, though, he was pleased to see that GaMzEe fared far worse this round; he grunted and got ready for the next round.

Round 1 end!

Damage and Energy Calculations

Action 1
Sucker Punch: 8 damage, 10 energy
Psychic: 20 damage, 6 energy

Action 2
Sucker Punch: 8 damage, 10 energy
Psychic: 27 damage, 6 energy (critical)

Action 3
Payback: 11 damage, 6 energy

Pokémon

Chief Zackrai (OOOO)
Active
Croagunk
GaMzEe
Health:33%
Energy:77%
Condition: Stoned (Attack -1, Sp. Attack -1, Speed -1)

Byrus (OOOO)
Active
Mimejrtwistedspoon
Gamzee
Health:73%
Energy:85%
Psychic ~ Psychic ~ Psychic

Notes:
  • The second Psychic was critical
  • No Psychic caused a defense drop
  • Forgive me for ruining the world of Homestuck

Next round:
  1. Chief Zackrai commands
  2. Byrus commands
  3. I ref

Last edited:
I think you did pretty well considering you've never read it!

Right, let's keep it simple. Set up a small sub to prevent your item getting stolen later, then wait until he's set up his second double team and use a no-miss natural gift to dispel the clones. Finish with another psychic.

Substitute (10%) ~ Natural gift (Wait) ~ Psychic

As the Pokémon took their orders from their trainers, the referee saw the trainers giggling amongst themselves and motioning to him. Chief Zackrai especially had to try extraordinarily hard to conceal his apparent amusement. He pointed to the sky, and let his hand drop rapidly before noticing the referee staring at him and turning around to whisper last words (something about Reckoning) to Byrus, who glanced rapidly at the referee before directing his Pokémon onto the battlefield. The battlers having been informed of their commands for the next round, bulbasaur raised his flags and started the round.

Chief Zackrai (OOOO)
Active
Croagunk
GaMzEe
Health:33%
Energy:77%
Double Team~Double Team~Thief

Byrus (OOOO)
Active
Mimejrtwistedspoon
Gamzee
Health:73%
Energy:85%

Round 2 begin!
Immediately after the referee signalled the start of the round, Makara danced around and made an image of himself. Finishing, he surveyed his product and waited for his opponents' action. He didn't need to wait long; in fact, he saw that it was already almost over when GaMzEe was not one, but five. Not stopping there, he went on to produce four more, for a grand total of nine - all of which were promptly destroyed when Makara surrounded himself with energy and shot it through all of the clones, hitting the real GaMzEe.

Immediately after that, Makara again intruded upon GaMzEe's mind and applied his pain centres. This was nearly enough to cause GaMzEe to faint - but he wasn't quite finished. Instead, he raced to a shocked Mime Jr. and tried to mug him, but was blocked by his Substitute.
Round 2 end!

Action 1
Substitute: -10 health, 5 energy
Double Team: 4 energy

Action 2
Double Team: 4 energy
Natural Gift: 8 damage, 6 energy

Action 3
Thief: 3 damage, 5 energy

Pokémon

Chief Zackrai (OOOO)
Active
Croagunk
GaMzEe
Health:5%
Energy:64%
Double Team~Double Team~Thief

Byrus (OOOO)
Active
Mimejrtwistedspoon
Gamzee
Health:63%
Energy:68%
Condition: Substitute (7%)

Notes:
  • No critical hits
  • Psychic did not cause a defense drop
  • Thief's effect did not come into play because of Makara's substitute
  • I forgot the Twistedspoon last round. It's fixed now.
  • Sorry about the delay.

Next round:
  1. Byrus commands
  2. Chief Zackrai commands
  3. I ref

Good, good... >:o) Now, since you're faster, you should be able to finish him off with a single confusion. Chill if he protects or detects. If he does manage to get a double team going, then natural gift away.

Confusion/Chill/Natural gift x3

And so, as the battlers passed on their commands, a figure appeared in the distance. As the trainers giggled, the referee had no idea what was going on and elected to stay out of it. "Ready?" he asked each of the trainers. Smiling, they nodded assent. He checked the Croagunk, barely standing from all his pain, and the Mime Jr., already tasting his victory. He judged all to be correct and raised the flag as suddenly a shadow appeared right above the battlers. He looked up to see a figure flying on a Pidgeot. Jumping from the bird dramatically (think Sir Aaron in the 8th movie), a black-clad man, probably a Homestuck-ism, appeared between the trainers. He looked around, up at the Sun, and around him again. Having gained his bearings, he dashed off.

The referee decided to ignore this and the almost-hysterical giggles of the battlers and set to work, raising his flags and waving them to start the round.

Pokémon

Chief Zackrai (OOOO)
Active
Croagunk
GaMzEe
Health:5%
Energy:64%
Endure~Endure~Endure

Byrus (OOOO)
Active
Mimejrtwistedspoon
Gamzee
Energy:68%

Round 3 begin!

As soon as the referee called a start to the round, GaMzEe braced himself for what was to come, crunching up physically and mentally, while still holding that ridiculously cute expression on his face. At this, Makara ran through his condition loops: Protecting? Nope, Detecting? Nope, Double Team? Nope. He prepared his mental powers and fired a weaker version of what he had done last round, tapping into GaMzEe's pain centres briefly before withdrawing. He expected his target to collapse, but instead, GaMzEe just stood there, face still crunched up, body still in position.

Frowning, Makara prepared again, and didn't notice what was happening in the distance: the previously mentioned man had come back with a white staff, and, with a whistle, called his Pidgeot down. GaMzEe, though, was paying close attention to these happenings and, alas, didn't anticipate the pain to come into his head. It was too much, and he fell down on the ground, unconscious.

Meanwhile, the Reckoning started, with various meteors starting to fall from the sky and Jack Noir flying off with his white staff. And the referee being quite confused and angry.

Round 3 end!

Action 1
Endure: 3 energy
Confusion: 11 damage, 3 energy

Action 2
Confusion: 11 damage, 3 energy

Pokémon

Chief Zackrai (XOOO)
Active
Croagunk
GaMzEe
Health:0%
Energy:61%
Condition: Knocked Out
Endure~Failed

Byrus (OOOO)
Active
Mimejrtwistedspoon
Gamzee
Energy:62%
Confusion~Confusion

Notes:
  • No critical hits
  • Endure failed 2nd action
  • Confusion did not cause confusion
  • Please tell me how far away I am from how it's supposed to go.

Arena notes:
  • The reckoning is occurring.
  • Meteors are falling from the sky.

Next round:
  1. Chief Zackrai commands
  2. Byrus commands
  3. I ref

uHHHH,,,,

i WOULD SAY PRETTY FAR,,,

and I choose... North Pole!

North Pole~Signal Beam~Signal Beam

Ooh yeah, and the meteors probably do either rock or fire damage, depending on the meteor I guess? up to you.

Hmm? "These meteors have a 50/50 chance of being treated as either Draco Meteor or Meteor Mash, as thrown by a third stage dragon or steel typed pokemon, respectively."

You don't have to use your first action to send your Pokémon out, either.

could I have a link to how it's supposed to go?
or not if you want to read more of my hilarious failing

oh whoops

I should remember my own ramblings

and what do you mean how it goes? Like, a link to a page of homestuck where the reckoning is occurring?

Heh, yeah, fan-made wikis tend to over-explain things and use a lot of jargon.

Basic explanation of Homestuck's reckoning: An apocalyptic meteor shower. That's it really.

Last edited:
Your substitute should help you out here... Encore that toxic, then take advantage of another double weakness. ( yes i know i'm a dick)

Encore ~ Focus punch ~ Drain punch

Back
Top Bottom