• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Contest Pokémafia Spectacular!

M&F

tikitok
Pronoun
any
it seems as if we have enough interest to put at least a mid-small game on tracks, after all, so! let's celebrate this Wrath Month with some murder, shall we?

the typical rules:
-Day and Night phases will last 48 hours each. (we can also do 72-hour Days if that's what most people would prefer; it's a bit hard to gauge what would be preferrable at the moment!)
-after we start, don't talk about the game outside of the game thread, except if I've given you express permission to (and then, only in the situations where I've given you express permission to); this includes reading other people's private discussions
-don't post screenshots of confidential game PMs -- ie, your role PM, your night event updates, your legal private communication, etc
-abstaining is free, just like using the Pokéblock mixers
-if the lynch poll is tied at the end of the Day, there'll first be a 24h time extension, and if there's still a tie after that, the lynch will be decided randomly. this includes if no votes to lynch have been cast at all, in which case, the lynch will be decided randomly out of all the players

the new gimmick:
-in this game, night actions are Moves, and they earn Appeal. the players who earn the highest Appeal in a given night will have additional weight behind their votes in the lynch poll, while the players who earn the lowest Appeal may not be able to directly influence it at all. (I'll absolutely need to calibrate the numbers there to the exact amount of players that we get in, though, so expect to see exact values when the game starts; for now, I'll have to be vague about it)
-each move also has a Contest Type. the type of most Moves used in the night becomes the Popular type, and it yields more Appeal for moves that match that type, and less Appeal for moves that are of too vastly different types.
-as we all know, though, the judges don't like to see people using the same move twice in a row. in fact, no player can use a move of the same Contest Type as any move they used in the previous Night!
-lastly, I figured that, to better accomodate gameplay around this mechanic, we will start this game on Day 0, rather than Night 0. at that time, no lynch poll will take place, but players will have received their role PMs, and discussion may commence. (entrance memes may also commence. might as well get those out of the way when there is no lynch poll, eh)

and lastly, flavor choices:
-this time around, as you sign up, you'll be choosing a Trainer Class to represent you, as well as a Pokémon that you'd like to enter the Contest with. you can choose up to three possible picks on either one, although I will only take one in as the final choice.
-note that roles, and the alignments that come with them, will be assigned randomly, regardless of flavor choice.
-you can also pick out a goofy nickname for the Pokémon you're entering. feel free to take inspiration from the canonical sillyfest!

I'll need at least 10 players to get this show on the road, although I'm prepared to receive as many as 12 if we get an uptick in demand. spectators are welcome as well; just let me know here and I'll be sure to get you into the spectator lobby when we get rolling!

In!

I'll choose a partner Pokemon from my ASB squad, and a trainer class to correspond to them. So I'll either be a Bug Catcher with Gwen the Spinarak, an Ace Trainer with Sheena the Greninja, or a Punk Guy with Reynolds the Malamar -- whichever catches your eye, MF!

hello! I'm happy to join as a Lass with a Mincinno! Called Cappuccino :D

Second and third picks for Pokémon are Bip the Pidgey/Bebi the Budew.

If novelty trainer classes are cool (i.e. the ones typically reserved for important NPCs) then I'd like to be a Suspicious Child. Otherwise, I'll just be a Harlequin. As for Pokemon, I'll go with Icex the Cryogonal or Equis-6 the Chimecho, take your pick.

hi i am here! signing up as an Aroma Lady with Cupressaceae the Lilligant :D

gonna go with uhhh

trainer class - furisode girl
pokemon - hope the togekiss

i've been waffling about this for a while, because in previous games memory issues were enough of... an issue... for me that things were hard to keep up with, but i think i have more of a handle on things now!

i'd like in with trainer class Poké Kid and imposteround the oricorio (pom-pom style)!! (ty jack for the asb squad inspo hehehe)

sorry but, I'm going to say, not this time. you've pretty consistently caused problems each game you've joined, and it's already been one too many second chances on that front; I'd say I speak both for me and for a lot of the other players here when I say I'm not particularly interested in going through it yet another time.

anyways! even with this interdiction, we've got enough players to start and it's been the usual one week of sign-up time, so, I believe I'll be launching us off as soon as all the role PMs are ready to fire. there's still time for any last-minute sign-ups until I swing in to close them up for good and start sending the PMs, though -- and there's still enough room for 2 more players, too. so, if we've got any one just moments late right about now, it's now or never!

flavor l8r <3
and I suppose this is also as good as time as any to ping you for that flavor-

alright, we're officially rolling, folks! all PMs should be out, everything should be all set. do bop me if you don't seem to have your stuff

also, we'll remain open to spectators! anyone who'd like to observe the game from The Other Side, please do let me know

hihi
fashionably late ^^
im def interested if anyone wants to run some in the future
just get wisper to ping me on discord because i cannot for the life of ne remember to check here

Back
Top Bottom