• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

I love Banette! I really like the story about it, how it was an abandoned puppet or something. And that stupid tail. Love it. I actually think it's kind of cute.
And don't even get me started on its zipper mouth!

Banette is up there as one of my favorite ghost Pokemon. I mean, it's a voodoo doll!

A discarded doll that has gone evil... It should have a "good" counterpart that is just sad and wants a friend... I prefer Shuppet.

Yeah, Banette was seriously one of my favourite pokemon, but then I looked over it's design a bit harder, and I dunno, it just seems a bit ugly and... how should I say this? It looks like something that is clumsy. And I don't like clumsy things. Still, I like the whole evil puppet thing, and Shuppet is just so cute ^_^. However, if I were to play Ruby/Sapphire/whatnot I'd probably choose Duskull over Shuppet, cuz the whole line is awesome, no matter how useless Dusknoir might seem. Obviously both if I could, but having two ghost types would just be a waste. And now I'm rambling. Cheers!

I love Banette! It's got a zippermouth and a fluffytail and everything! In addition, I have one in White that knows Double Team and holds a Brightpowder, so. Love love love love love.

Today's pokemon (and I am not sure why I never did this before....)

Houndoom

Houndoom

Why did I not discuss my favorite Pokemon? Houndoom is awesome. I have one in Pearl right now that I nicknamed Amber. (Idea came with a little help from Richie and others). He/she is awesome. A dark/fire pokemon is also great typing.

Special sweeper thats stabs DP and Flamethrower. Dunno, cool design, but I feel they could've modelled it after a mastif instead of a doberman.

Also overshone in terms of battling by a lot. Not to mention it's relative inavailability in most games during a normal playthrough (other than Pt.)

Houndoom's pretty cool, but it pissed me off when I couldn't get one until I beat the E4 in the classic Gold.

I believe someone once said something like...
CHARIZARD AINT GOT NOTHIN' ON MY HOMBOII HOUNDOOM. DEM HORNS MAN, DEM HORNS.
This isn't the original quote. I was just to lazy to find the original.

Eh, it's okay. Not really that special.

But if, say, it had a full-fledged cerberus evo? It'd be cooler by association.

Now I remembered that if you catch the ghost in the Lavender Tower without a Silph Scope, its nickname is GHOST.
I see most of its moves are rather good, and the fact that it's slow and doesn't learn any Special moves is just a Ground-type thing.
And... False Swipe is useful.

Miles late but Banette are awesome.

On Marowak. They and Cubone now learn Retaliate at high levels. Max power forever?

Marowak + Thick Club = One of top five highest potential attack stats w/o using stat boosting moves. Yep, Marowak stands as a powerful physical tank that relies heavily on it's club.

Now I remembered that if you catch the ghost in the Lavender Tower without a Silph Scope, its nickname is GHOST.

How exactly do you catch that Marowak? I was always told its impossible, but there is some glitch isn't there? What is it?

Back
Top Bottom