• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

Well, trying to keep this up...

20101218001941%21516Simipour.png

Simipour.

It looks like a girl. While being 87.5% male. And has a cat smile.

And its ears seem to have buterfly wing shapes on them. Actually, Simisear is the only one of the trio that doesn't have butterfly wing shapes on his ears.

Wait, they all have exactly the same base stats?

Water and Flying is always wonderful coverage, and Simipour can do just that with Scald and (Flying Gem!) Acrobatics.

Water and Flying is always wonderful coverage, and Simipour can do just that with Scald and (Flying Gem!) Acrobatics.

water and pretty much anything gives pretty solid coverage, though. water alone is pretty good coverage.

water and normal is resisted only by [(Ghost,Water),(Steel,Water),(Ghost,Grass),(Steel,Grass),(Ghost,Dragon),(Steel,Dragon)], and one of those doesn't even exist and the rest are pretty much one-line exclusive -- and only three are present on non-ubers; and hey, return allows an item.

adding ground makes the coverage truly delightful, though, especially with ground SE against everything in water/flying's uncoverage, but is admittedly a bit impractical with simipour only getting dig. perfect coverage!

... although perfect coverage with water + pick two isn't exactly an altogether difficult task, even if you exclude dragon as one of the picks.

water and pretty much anything gives pretty solid coverage, though. water alone is pretty good coverage.

water and normal is resisted only by [(Ghost,Water),(Steel,Water),(Ghost,Grass),(Steel,Grass),(Ghost,Dragon),(Steel,Dragon)], and one of those doesn't even exist and the rest are pretty much one-line exclusive -- and only three are present on non-ubers; and hey, return allows an item.

adding ground makes the coverage truly delightful, though, especially with ground SE against everything in water/flying's uncoverage, but is admittedly a bit impractical with simipour only getting dig. perfect coverage!

... although perfect coverage with water + pick two isn't exactly an altogether difficult task, even if you exclude dragon as one of the picks.

Well, what makes Flying advantageous for Simipour is that it gives it an option for Grass-types, which especially makes sense ingame. Return is still never a bad move, of course.

Simipour is a nice battler. Besides its appearance. I've never used it since I always picked Tepig and boxed the Pansage that I got.
So, a nice moveset for Simipour would be Scald, Return, Acrobatics, and something else.

Eww, the elemental monkeys. I never liked them.
I dunno what it is, but most monkey pokemon just don't really do anything for me, like aipom or chimchar/monferno (infernape is p. cool). When I got my free monkey in BW it pretty much went to the box and stayed there.

I dunno what it is, but most monkey pokemon just don't really do anything for me, like aipom or chimchar/monferno (infernape is p. cool). When I got my free monkey in BW it pretty much went to the box and stayed there.

I actually refused to take the monkey from the girl.

I actually refused to take the monkey from the girl.

You can take it at any time, she'll always give it to you. And... you can catch them in the rustling grass.

Anyway, the monkeys are pretty good Pokémon, although they start a little slow. Never understood why people hate them. I use them but they're difficult to level.

When your only other choices are Jellicent, Seismitoad, Carracosta, Alomomola and *gasp* Basculin, Simipour seems godly. The least useful is Simisear because Darmanitan and Chandelure are much better.

Well, jellicent is nice especially for water absorb/surf abuse in double battles
And I think you can only catch them in rustling grass in pinwheel forest, but maybe other places too?

Well, jellicent is nice especially for water absorb/surf abuse in double battles
And I think you can only catch them in rustling grass in pinwheel forest, but maybe other places too?

They're in rustling grass in Pinwheel Forest (both inside and out) and Lostlorn Forest, along with Audino and Swadloon I think.

Lostlorn Forest also holds Leavanny and Unfezant in the rustling grass, as well as the three monkeys.

I love Simipour, but I hate that it can't have a greater chance of being female than the others. I mean, it looks like a girl. >>

Lostlorn Forest also holds Leavanny and Unfezant in the rustling grass, as well as the three monkeys.

I love Simipour, but I hate that it can't have a greater chance of being female than the others. I mean, it looks like a girl. >>

Machamp looks 100% like a man and can be female.

And if someone comes out and says "female bodybuilders!", well none of them look like Machamp!

Machamp looks 100% like a man and can be female.

And if someone comes out and says "female bodybuilders!", well none of them look like Machamp!

inb4 male Gardevoir is mentioned

Back on topic, I don't really like any of the elemental monkeys. I rather despise any Pokemon I am forced to use just to win a gym battle. That being said, my Simipour didn't get much action after the first gym.

inb4 male Gardevoir is mentioned

Crossdressers. =D

Back on topic, I don't really like any of the elemental monkeys. I rather despise any Pokemon I am forced to use just to win a gym battle. That being said, my Simipour didn't get much action after the first gym.

It was a bad choice by Game Freak because all you can get before the first gym is the starter, Lillipup, Patrat, Purrloin and the monkey. That said, you theoretically can win the battle with just your starter and Lillipup (Patrat is too weak and Purrloin only has crap moves).

It was a bad choice by Game Freak because all you can get before the first gym is the starter, Lillipup, Patrat, Purrloin and the monkey. That said, you theoretically can win the battle with just your starter and Lillipup (Patrat is too weak and Purrloin only has crap moves).
you could win the battle with just your starter, overleveledness, and hax.

I'm not a big fan of Simipour or the other elemental monkeys (maybe, save for Pansear), but I do like the dynamic between them. For example, there's minor variations beyond color change between the trio! Pansage has a flat line on its stomach, a downward ear-mark-point-thing, and a downward face mask-thing, and each of those alternate between the trio, which is cool in my book.

However, I feel like a darker blue, much like Cress' hair color, would have been a better color choice than cyan. And water themes are haaard to visualize, but geyser-dreads wouldn't be my first choice. I remember hearing that the trio had a basis in Japanese mobsters, though, which earns the trio +5 in interesting.

So, new Pokemon, I guess.
355.jpg

Vespiquen! It has a cool design and neat signature moves, in my opinion. Of course, it's annoying to get a Vespiquen, and it's the same type as a bunch of other Pokemon. So it's just kinda average.

Back
Top Bottom