• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

I've heard Ferrothorn can be lethal if you can find a way to counter Fire Pokémon. Never used them though so I can't speak from experience

I've heard Ferrothorn can be lethal if you can find a way to counter Fire Pokémon. Never used them though so I can't speak from experience
It's very bulky and has a very reasonable Attack score, so basically a stronger Forretress. It's so ugly, though :( It doesn't seem like a Grass-type at all.

It's very bulky and has a very reasonable Attack score, so basically a stronger Forretress. It's so ugly, though :( It doesn't seem like a Grass-type at all.

I actually think it looks cool :o but it does seem primarily a Steel Pokemon. Still, I believe it's highest stat is Defence, so it seems more like a tank than an attacker. It's kind of slow as well so a good Fire Pokemon should torch it theoretically, they're often pretty fast

I actually think it looks cool :o but it does seem primarily a Steel Pokemon. Still, I believe it's highest stat is Defence, so it seems more like a tank than an attacker. It's kind of slow as well so a good Fire Pokemon should torch it theoretically, they're often pretty fast
Yes, STAB Fire attacks will decimate Ferrothorn just as they will Forretress or Scizor. Be that as it may, 74/131/116 defenses are enough to survive weaker 4x attacks, and Fire-types are rarely used in standard play.

And, of course, anything works ingame.

Yes, STAB Fire attacks will decimate Ferrothorn just as they will Forretress or Scizor. Be that as it may, 74/131/116 defenses are enough to survive weaker 4x attacks, and Fire-types are rarely used in standard play.

And, of course, anything works ingame.

I rarely run into Ferrothorn anyway, but I have an Arcanine with Flamethrower and Fire Fang so both special and physical are covered. But yeah, you probably need a real powerful one like Arcanine with good strong Fire moves (Flame Wheel, Flame Charge and the like probably aren't strong enough as Ferro's Defence is superb so it's got to be Flamethrower or FB, I personally don't like Overheat). Or just use a good Fighting Pokemon with a rocket high Attack, that might do it too

179 /mareeeeeep

179.png

I usually use mareep in my hgss runs because it's easy to get in the beginning of the game and a nice counter for Falkner. then it ends up in the box, or, rarely, in my e4 team.

Ferrothorn... Right... It's sort of a Grass-type Forretress. And it's spiky. Sometimes I think that the Castelia gym should be a Steel one and the leader should have a Ferrothorn because it's as metallic and spiky as the city. (But then Bugsy would have to have a Forretress just for the sake of Azalea and Castelia being counterparts.)

EDIT: Ehh... Mareep? Sort of the slow one among Electric-types. Slow herbivore whose fur is curly rather than spiky. And it's slowly turning into a reptile. Even the egg groups suggest it. And the tail that would be a pointy lizard tail if it didn't have that glowy ball.

Yeah, it is essentially a Grass Forretress, just that Forretress has less focus into Attack and is more of a defensive tank than Ferro. They are both ridiculously slow though so a fast Fire Pokemon with good Attack stats and Flamethrower/FB will probably be too strong, Forretress has Sturdy though, possibly Gen V's most annoying ability

EDIT: Ehh... Mareep? Sort of the slow one among Electric-types. Slow herbivore whose fur is curly rather than spiky. And it's slowly turning into a reptile. Even the egg groups suggest it. And the tail that would be a pointy lizard tail if it didn't have that glowy ball.

Even with the ball, it can still be a lizrd tail. (See the wierd lizard from Skyward Sword thing's tail)
It's been quite a while since I've used Mareep, but they're good at the start of GSC/HGSS.

I used a Mareep at the start of B2 until I discovered Magnemite in the Virbank Complex. My brother has an Ampharos though and it's not bad at all with the right training, to say how early you can get them

A few years ago I kind of felt like a Nidoking was kind of like my symbol-if I was a pokemon, I'd probably be a Nidoking. But now that I've thought about it, no, just no. I like Nidoking, but he really isn't my style.

Back
Top Bottom