• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

So, the next Pokémon is...
20110215162553%21632Durant.png

Argh. Durant.

So... It's a giant deformed metal ant with oversized mandibles. Its armor is sleek, but if it was a robot, it probably wouldn't be made by a professional. Also red eyes with extra redness inside the pupils. The world must look weird from their point of view.

It's fast and strong, but I am more used to seeing them as enemies. Like Pinsir, but harder to defeat - unless you have a Fire-type.

They probably have sort of a hive mind. I wonder how their low Special Defense might affect it. I mean, Combee has lower Special Defense, but they are kept together by Vespiquen, while the queen of the Durant must be a Durant as well.

Durant would be pretty cool, but I have a severe problem with under-levelling. (Which is, actually, almost entirely due to my unrelated issue of keeping a team that's far too large to be on the same level.) They made Victory Road awful.

I still haven't played Gen 5. Probably won't.

Looks fucking badass, though.

Durant is pretty cool looking, but they are fucking. Everywhere. In Victory Road. Running into them every five seconds while I tried to train up my team was annoying.

This is what you get when you combine aspects of Pinsir and Golbat: A giant ugly insect with a strong exoskeleton, but very fast. Monstrous mandibles, terror of the Victory Road and a Grass-type's nightmare. Its advantages inspire more fear than admiration. And it doesn't even evolve into something less ugly!

Hmm, yes, dem Durants.

Competatively it actually has it's uses, it can actually hit like a mini truck with Hustle and Hone claws. But, it's a bit too frail to actually withstand any kind of special attack, so yeah.

Aesthetically it could've been better. To be blunt: It's a giant ant made of metal. It's colour scheme is very bland, I mean, just because it's made of metal it doesn't have to be gray. And I don't know if it's just me, but doesn't it look a little bit too...real? Or non-pokemonish? Aside from the metal, red eyes and huge jaws, that's just an ant...on steriods.

Durant, though lacking in defence and design is actually pretty badass. I remeber when I first met one and was like: "Oh hey a Durant, I'm gonna catch this thing". *Durant outspeeds my pokemon and knocks it out in one hit* Me: "WTF???" How the hell is that thing faster? And how can it do so much damage? Send in pokemon? Fuck that, I'm runnin'.

Seriously though, if you look at victory road it's actually a giant anthill, and the only reason for why Durant isn't ruling all of Unova along with Galvantula (the elves of unova btw) is because of those damn Heatmors. >:/

Durant is pretty cool. One of those Pokémon that would be a real bitch to take out in a Pokémon FPS where you play as a person fighting all the Pokémon in an apocalypse. Fast, strong, and made of metal. Your bullets would be useless, and you would soon get to enjoy your new career as sustenance for the horrible murderbeasts.

Last edited:
Who will the next Pokémon be?
264Linoone.png

It's Linoone!

This is actually the best-looking one of the basic two-stage Normal-type mammals! It's sleek and speedy, and on a certain screenshot from the anime, it's even beautiful. And it has blue eyes. Wow. Plus it can get you some good items. And TM-wise, it's so versatile!

Otherwise, a plain old Normal-type. It might be better if it learned Swift by level up.

Linoone is so cool. It's just such a fucking badass, I mean look at it.

Its a cool Pokemon, but Zigzagoon is better. Zigzags are better.
I never understood why this can learn strength but Zigzagoon can't.

I prefer Linoone's counterpart Mightyena, but LOL it can learn Extremespeed.

Back
Top Bottom