• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Darksong vs. Mai

Glace

booming system
3vs3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, direct recovery, chills limited to 5 per Pokémon
Arena: The Kokuboro

The Kokuboro castle is a huge palace-like complex with seemingly no way out. It is built somewhat oddly for a castle, though; the roofs are dark blue, with the walls being white with wood-colored trim. The castle has a faint evil aura all around it, causing Dark-type moves to be powered up. Pokémon with the Justified ability will be put on edge, and will gain double the Attack bonus when hit by a Dark-type move. The sky around Kokuboro is perpetually a dark twilight color. The particular area where this battle takes place is a courtyard, on a large rectangle of dirt surrounded by castle walls. On one side of the courtyard is a long staircase that leads to a walkway about fifteen feet high, which runs around the perimeter of a courtyard. This walkway is surrounded by castle walls of even higher elevation; most flying Pokémon cannot get over these walls without much effort.
Other: Only baby or basic Pokémon are allowed.
Effects of the arena:
- Dark-type moves do 1% more damage, after all other damage calculations
- Pokémon with the Justified ability have their Attack raised by two stages after being hit by a Dark-type move, rather than by one stage.

Darksong's Active Squad

Piplup
Prince the Male Piplup
Ability: Torrent

Aerodactyl
Sunaero the Female Aerodactyl
Ability: Pressure

Cubone
Echo the Female Cubone
Ability: Lightningrod

Mai's Active Squad

Ralts
Rallie the Female Ralts
Ability: Trace

Cyndaquil
Cynda the Female Cyndaquil
Ability: Blaze

Sableye
Dia the Male Sableye
Ability: Stall

Nidoranf
Azuraine the Male NidoranM
Ability: Posion Point

Snivy
Karkat Vantas the Male Snivy
Ability: Contrary

Deino
Visionary the Male Deino
Ability: Hustle

Oshawott
Harlequin the Male Oshawott

Round One:

- Mai sends out.
- Darksong sends out and attacks.
- Mai attacks.
- I ref.

Last edited:
A Poison-type, hm? I could send out Echo, but I think I should have some fun and send out Prince first.

That means I have to attack first, then, right? Okay then. I think we'll start off with weakening the opponent, hm?

Begin with Mist, and then use Yawn; finish off with a Featherdance. If the opponent protects on one of the actions, use Aqua Ring instead.

Mist ~ Yawn/Aqua Ring ~ Featherdance/Aqua Ring

Well, Azuraine, you're faster than him so why not use hone claws before he uses mist. Mist doesn't remove stat boosts if I'm not mistaken so you'll be fine. Use substitute (a small one) to block the yawn and featherdance, too (I think). After that use poison jab because why not.

Hone claws~ Substitute (small)~Poison jab

3vs3 single

The Kokuboro castle is a huge palace-like complex with seemingly no way out. It is built somewhat oddly for a castle, though; the roofs are dark blue, with the walls being white with wood-colored trim. The castle has a faint evil aura all around it, causing Dark-type moves to be powered up. Pokémon with the Justified ability will be put on edge, and will gain double the Attack bonus when hit by a Dark-type move. The sky around Kokuboro is perpetually a dark twilight color. The particular area where this battle takes place is a courtyard, on a large rectangle of dirt surrounded by castle walls. On one side of the courtyard is a long staircase that leads to a walkway about fifteen feet high, which runs around the perimeter of a courtyard. This walkway is surrounded by castle walls of even higher elevation; most flying Pokémon cannot get over these walls without much effort.
Effects of the arena:
- Pokémon with the Justified ability have their Attack raised by two stages after being hit by a Dark-type move, rather than by one stage.

The blonde-haired referee is teleported onto the battle arena, a comfty chair behind him to sit on despite being in the courtyard. He observes the area, which is still as dark and evil as ever. Shortly after the two trainers are teleported to the battle ground as well, each eager to defeat their opponent with ease. Once seeing that both are settled, the ref stands up and holds his flags up simultaneously, abruptly announcing that the battle has officially begun.

The first trainer, wearing a MLP shirt, sends out a poisnous rodent, better known as Nidoran. The thing looks around, becoming used to the environment and waiting for his opponent to appear. The other trainer, cosplayed as Rukia, releases an ocean blue penguin, usually referred to as a Piplup. Though it is looking around with timidity towards the dark atmosphere, the opposing rodent is revolted. A penguin? As his opponent? What was the meaning of this?

Round One is a Go!

Team Darksong

Piplup

[Prince] Piplup (M)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

Team Mai

nidoranf

[Azuraine] Nidoran (M)
Ability: Poison Point
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

The already-bored referee fluttered his flags in both directions, displaying the sign that both trainers were now approved to begin commanding their Pokemon. Once the orders were chirped by the two trainers, Azuraine halted his complaining to quickly scurry over to a nearby rock and sharpen his claws on it. After a few scratches against the rock, the poisonous rodent's claws were greatly sharpened, so it left the indented rock to return to the battle between it and the silly, foolish penguin. The Piplup, now adjusted to the creepy environment, followed its command. Opening its mouth as wide as it could (which, in reality, was not wide at all), the penguin released a veil of mist, surrounding the entire courtyard with a dense mist, lightly affecting Azuraine's accuracy. You think you can hide, do you? it said, his voice bouncing off the walls surrounding the area.

The Nidoran was no fool; a sneak attack was to be expected from the timid, flightless bird. To ensure its safety, Azuraine focused its energy in its body to form a replica of himself. Though it tired him a bit, the decoy seemed extremely reliable, and it's plush design was amazing. Suddenly, Prince rushed through the mist to appear before Azuraine, who, at the time, was expecting the unaware penguin to arrive shortly. However, the sudden dash tired Prince a bit. In fact, he was so overcome by the feeling that he just had to yawn. He needed to. Opening his mouth once more, the Piplup yawned greatly. Though tiring energy was traveling toawrds Azuraine, his substitute appeared in front of him abruptly and absorbed the energy. Nothing happened. It just... stood there. This disappointed Prince immensely; besides, he was becoming annoyed of having to open his mouth all the time.

Defense was no fun for the poisonous rodent opposing the penguin who had once again disappeared in the deep mist. It decided that it was time to attack the water-loving Piplup through hand-to-hand combat. And, of course, this was perfect, considering his now sharpened claws. Dashing through the humid air, Azuraine discovered Prince's location with ease and striked him in the side with a poison-powered jab. His claws seemed to dig in further than usual, enhancing his content feelings. Once the rodent had hopped away from the injured penguin, Prince regained his stance carefully. Wait, I deserve better than this! he yelled in despair. Prince, after all, was a, well, prince! Deciding that slowing his opponent down would be a better alternative than suffering from painful assaults, the penguin fluttered his wings and shook his body violently, causing a mass of feathers to fall off and rain on Azuraine. Well, that was what it was supposed to do, anyway. The durable plsuh appeared again before Prince, blocking his attack from slowing the rodent. The Piplup was now furious, and the poisonous creature was glancing at the irritated thing from behind the plush, snickering silently at the rage of Prince. The referee, realizing that the round was now over, waved the flags in his sweaty hands to symbolize the end of the round.

Round One is Done!

Team Darksong

Piplup

[Prince] Piplup (M)
Health: 89%
Energy: 86%

Team Mai

nidoranf

[Azuraine] Nidoran (M)
Health: 90%
Energy: 83%
Status: Mwahaha... Mocking the penguin. 1+ Attack, 1- Accuracy

Damage and Energy Calculations

- Mist: 3% Energy
- Yawn: 6% Energy
- Featherdance: 5% Energy
- Hone Claws: 5% Energy
- Substitute: -10% Health, 5% Energy
- Poison Jab: 11% Damage, 7% Energy

Arena Notes

- The area is covered with a deep mist. (3 more actions)
- A few feathers scatter the battle grounds.

Notes

- Substitute blocked Yawn and Featherdance.
- A "Small" Substitute classified as 10%, so I went with that.
- The Mist lowered Azuraine's Accuracy two levels, but since Hone Claws raised it one level, the Accuracy was set to one level lowered.
- Poison Jab still hit, however.
- Poison Jab did not poison.
- I just... really need more interesting flavour text.

Next Round

- Mai attacks
- Darksong attacks.
- I ref.

Okay! Well, let's make this simple, I guess.

Use hone claws again, because even though I'm still foggy about the effects of mist (hahaha that was such a terrible pun but I really couldn't resist it) I'm pretty sure it does nothing to your own stat boosts. Also since repitition is simple (although it doesn't do much for flavor text, sorry Glace) use poison jab after that. Also for super effective-ness thunderbolt, I guess.

If the piplup protects/detects/you can't hit him, use hone claws again.

If he breaks your substitute and then uses a status or stat decreasing move, then use substitute instead. Attacks with a chance to status won't count.

Hone claws~ Poison jab/Hone claws/Substitute~ Thunderbolt/Hone claws/Substitute

Why I did this immediately after I posted in the absence sheet I don't know.

Seriously?! Fine. We'll just go with getting through. First use Attract, since that can apparently get through Substitute; then use Rain Dance, and finally, use BubbleBeam.

Attract ~ Rain Dance ~ BubbleBeam

3vs3 single

Effects of the arena:

Round Two Begins!

Team Darksong

Piplup

[Prince] Piplup (M)
Energy: 86%

Team Mai

nidoranf

[Azuraine] Nidoran (M)
Health: 90%
Energy: 83%
Status: Mwahaha... Mocking the penguin. 1+ Attack, 1- Accuracy

With the signal from the referee, Azuraine prepared his next strategic move. Though he truly wanted to attack the penguin once again, it seemed more sensible to enhance his power of his attacks. The rodent scurried over to the same rock he had etched his claw marks on before and began to swipe at the rock in the same manner as he had in the beginning of the match. However, something was not right. His claws were not becoming sharper, but they were remaining in the same state. What caused this mystery? Was it the mist? Did it contain some power that opposed him? Though the Piplup seemed petty, the move it had performed before was quite tactical. Azuraine sighed and rotated his body only to meet Prince staring at him. Prince pondered about how his opponent did look quite feminine. Perhaps he could lure her into an attracted state? Though this was not his fancy, the penguin winked romantically at the Nidoran, releasing a heart-shaped energy pulse onto the unususpecting rodent. Confused described Azuraine's current state Why was his plush decoy not there to protect him? The poisonous creature braced himself for impact, only to feel nothing happen. The heart-shaped pulse had failed. Azuraine then realized what had occurred. Hey, you know I'm a guy, right? the rodent said in an irate state. He absolutely hated those who mistaked him for the opposite gender.

That Piplup deserved a quick assault for his horrible mistake. Why would anyone dare to think of him as a girl? His trainer just stuck a barette on him, and, since he was also shiny, now he was automatically the opposite sex? This was unforgivable; the rodent had by now powered up his paw with poison-powered energy. While Prince, who was still confused about how the Attract did not work, was still in attacking range, the Nidoran quickly ran and jabbed his opponent in the side once more, poison flowing out his sharp claws. The penguin was surely taken aback and lost his breath for a few seconds. How could he not expect an outright attack such as that? Well, the Piplup now wanted to assault the rodent as a counterattack, but first, it would be best to assure himself that every attack he performed would afflict his opponent massively. Prince then began to dance swiftly; at first he went freestyle, then he raised the roof that did not exist, and he finally acted as the sprinkler in the law. Of course, the clouds above responded with glee, and rain was released onto the courtyard filled with mist. The penguin smirked; this would surely assist him.

The poisonous rodent was still furious for the unforgivable action that the Piplup had performed. If the penguin admired rain, maybe he despised electricity. Azuraine decided that this was a pretty safe bet, and so he began charging energy throughout his body. Soon after, the energy was released out of the head of the Nidoran as a bolt of electriciy. It shot through the air and found its way into Prince's nerves. This stunned the Piplup; after all, he hated electricity with all his might. The rejected Prince Charming decided to strike back with sheer force. Opnening his mouth as if it were a cannon, his released his energy in the form of bubbles. His attack also seemed stronger than usual; the rain had certainly assisted his attack. The plsuh decoy suddenly appeared in front of Azuraine; now the rodent was aware that an attack was approaching. Suddenly, bubbles appeared through the mist with extreme celerity and striked the substitute multiple times. By the end of the assault, the decoy had been torn and rendered useless. When the Nidoran began to sigh with relief, one little bubble hit him on the cheek. He stumbled over in response to this. The referee waved his flags to symbolize the end of the round, and the mist had finally cleared. Neither had noticed, but it had been slowly lifting over the course of the round. The only sound now was the tapping of rain against the ground.

Round Two End!

Team Darksong

Piplup

[Prince] Piplup (M)
Health: 66%
Energy: 68%

Team Mai

nidoranf

[Azuraine] Nidoran (M)
Energy: 64%

Azuraine's Attacks:
- Hone Claws: 5% Energy
- Poison Jab: 11% Damage, 7% Energy
- Thunderbolt: 12% Damage, 7% Energy

Prince's Attacks:
- Attract: 5% Energy
- Rain Dance: 7% Energy
- BubbleBeam: 11% Damage, 6% Energy

Arena Notes

- It is raining moderately. (5 more actions)
- Puddles are beginning to form.
- The mist faded at the end of the round.

Notes

- Azuraine is a boy. His Body Mod affects his appearance.
- Hone Claws did nothing, as Mist does not allow stat boosts when activated. (Unlike Haze, which removes all stat boosts when activated.)
- The Substitute faded on the last attack, so Azuraine received 1% damage.
- Because Mist faded, Azuraine regained his 1+ Accuracy from the Hone Claws from the first round.
- Neither Thunderbolt or Poison Jab inflicted a status condition.
- All of Azuraine's attacks hit despite the 1- accuracy.

Next Round

- Darksong attacks.
- Mai attacks.
- I ref.

That's an interesting body mod.
So Prince, first I want you to use Mud Sport, then Mud-Slap, and finally use Bubblebeam again. If the foe protects on either action where you're trying to attack, go ahead and just Chill.

Mud Sport ~ Mud-Slap/Chill ~ Bubblebeam/Chill

Well, I didn't have anything else I really wanted to put in there, and I actually have a shiny nidoran male, so viola~! Instant inspiration for a body mod.

Being faster is certainly awesome, Azuraine. Exploit this with a thunder. Hopefully, this will work; close your eyes and use defense curl so the mud won't lower your accuracy. Too bad you'll still take damage. Next use amnesia, because it's better late than never with stat boosts, right?

Thunder~ Close eyes and use defense curl~ Amnesia

3vs3 single

Effects of the arena:

Round Three Start!

Team Darksong

Piplup

[Prince] Piplup (M)
Health: 66%
Energy: 68%

Team Mai

nidoranf

[Azuraine] Nidoran (M)
Energy: 64%

Azuraine was a little astounded that the explosive bubble had just enough force to knock him on his back, struggling to stand once more. The penguin had used its surroundings to its own advantage, so the Nidoran decided it would be best to use that same tactic. The rodent pondered, realizing that the dense mist had lifted by now. Perhaps the rain could still be of use. Just maybe. Focusing his energy calmly, Azuraine released a noisy cry, his head facing the untouchable sky above. Prince could not decipher the opposing Nidoran's plan. He certainly appeared as an idiot. Suddenly, a large crackle of thunder was heard, a bright flash synchronizing with the loud noise. When the amount of light had reduced to its previous state, Prince was on the ground, electricity visibly traveling into the puddles around him. Though it took some time to regain a managable stance due to just being struck by lightning, Prince finally managed to stand on his own two feet. The Piplup could not risk receiving any more powerful attacks such as that, so he decided it would be best to weaken those electrifying attacks. Prince then flung the mud under him above himself, slowly covering himself in the mud. Certainly that would reduce the effect of future attacks.

The act just performed by the opposing Penguin worried Azuraine just a bit; what if that mud got into his eyes? He would not be capable of attacking effectively for a long gap in the battle. After deciding this choice, the Nidoran quickly rolled itself up in a ball. However, that was not enough, and the rodent also decided to close his eyes just to assure himself fully. Prince, however, wasnot understanding this defensive tactic; it just did not seem logical or coherent at all. Despite this, the Piplup just shrugged it off and prepared to perform his next assault. Using the mud on the ground formed by the wet rain, the penguin sped up close to the rodent and kicked a large amount of mud onto it. Azuraine cringed at this; the attck still caused some pain due to small bits of rocks and such hidden in the mud. Prince hopped back to his original location, preparing a stance to battle the Nidoran once more. The poisonous rodent unwraveled itself and opened its eyes, and no mud had seeped into them.

The male Nidoran was pondering about the situation, and the battle itself was not exactly pleasant. Perhaps he should temporarily forget his troubles and relax. Using a bit of energy and willpower, Azuraine forced his brain to work, and a bit after, he stumbled a bit. He regained his senses after a good amount of time and observed his claws. They did not seem amazingly sharp, but Azuraine could just not remember how to sharpen them. However, he shrugged it off, knowing that it was not relevant to the situation. Prince, who had been observing the whole phenomnon, was still confused with his opponent. What exactly was it doing? However, the penguin decided it was best not to ponder about it much, so he began to prepare his next assault. The Piplup opened its mouth, bubbles soon releasing from it. They traveled their way across the courtyard and hit Azuraine spot on. Despite this, the Nidoran only flinched a bit due to the pain. his senses were dull, and therefore they did not pick up much pain. Prince was angered by this; his opponent seemed to be more strategic than imagined. No one noticed the referee fluttering his flags, symbolizing the end of the round.​

Round Three End!

Team Darksong

Piplup

[Prince] Piplup (M)
Health: 50%
Energy: 56%

Team Mai

nidoranf

[Azuraine] Nidoran (M)
Health: 80%
Energy: 49%
Status: Huh? Regaining his senses. 2+ Sp. Defense, 1+ Attack, 1+ Defense, 1+ Accuracy

Azuraine's Attacks:
- Thunder: 16% Damage, 9% Energy
- Defense Curl: 2% Energy
- Amnesia: 4% Energy

Prince's Attacks:
- Mud Sport: 3% Energy
- Mud Slap: 3% Damage, 4% Energy
- Bubblebeam: 6% Damage, 5% Energy

Arena Notes

- It is raining moderately. (2 more actions)
- Puddles have now formed.

Notes

- Thunder's Accuracy was boosted to 100% due to rain.
- Bubblebeam did not lower Speed.
- Mud Slap did not lower Accuracy due to Azuraine closing his eyes.
- Thunder did not paralyze.
- Amnesia caused Azuraine to forget Hone Claws.
- There's really no excuse for my lateness. All I can say is sorry.

Next Round

- Mai attacks.
- Darksong attacks.
- I ref.

... Hone claws. Stat boosts made you lose stat boosts?!

Oh well, Azuraine. You're boosted in almost all the stats anyway. All out offensive time!

Use beat up three times. If Prince attacks, use sucker punch instead, if he tries to status you use substitute (medium) if you don't already have one (if you do continue with beat up), and if he protects use chill.

Beat up/Sucker punch/Substitute/Chill~ Beat up/Sucker punch/Substitute/Chill~ Beat up/Sucker punch/Substitute/Chill

Hm. Okay.
First, use Scald, maybe hope for a burn. Then use Dig, and stay underground. Then Chill while you're underground and the Nidoran can't reach you.
Scald ~ Dig (stay underground) ~ Chill

3vs3 single

Effects of the arena:

Round Four Start!

Team Darksong

Piplup

[Prince] Piplup (M)
Health: 50%
Energy: 56%

Team Mai

nidoranf

[Azuraine] Nidoran (M)
Health: 80%
Energy: 49%
Status: Huh? Regaining his senses. 2+ Sp. Defense, 1+ Attack, 1+ Defense, 1+ Accuracy

Azuraine stood up from his little rest, ready to fight his blue opponent once more. Immediately, the rodent can already see that the Piplup is forming its next attack. Water was obviously forming in its mouth once more, but Azuraine was not about to let it think it had the advantage. Quickly, the poisonous rodent sped across the courtyard, skidded to a stop right in front of the Piplup, and suddenly gave an unexpected punch from below. Prince was certainly knocked aback; he had not expected an assault such as that. However, it did not matter since the attack was prepared to be executed by now. The penguin released a spray of boiling water onto the unsuspecting Nidoran, giving a burning sensation on his skin. When the attack had settled down, Azuraine was alleviated to see that he was not permanently burned by the steaming water.

The tension in the air was clearly apparent, each opponent nitensely preparing their next move. The poisonous rodent decided to make the first threatening move. The Nidoran sped across the courtyard, reaching the penguin and hitting him. At first, it seemed as if it were a petty attempt. However, shadows of other Pokemon appeared from seemingly nowhere and also gave blows to the Piplup. After a good few hits, the Nidoran returned to his original location, eager to see what his opponent's reaction was. Prince did not seem extremely shocked, but despite that, the blue creature jsut began digging. Quickly. Eventually, in a matter of seconds, the penguin was buried under the ground, not capable of being seen on the surface of the ground. Prince sighed in relief, it ending along with the downpour of rain.

The Nidoran looked around cautiously. When was the fool planning to strike? The rain had just stopped; perhaps that was a sign? Azuraine, thinking he heard some suspicious movement, immediately performed the same attack as before, only for each to swipe at the air and gain absolutely nothing. Underneath the ground, Prince was resting, his eyes closed. However, the penguin was still wide awake, prepared for any threatening sound or action from above to be detected. The referee fluttered his flags to display the end of the round, though only Azuraine could watch the flags sway in the breezy air.

Round Four End!

Team Darksong

Piplup

[Prince] Piplup (M)
Health: 34%
Energy: 54%

Team Mai

nidoranf

[Azuraine] Nidoran (M)
Health: 69%
Energy: 29%
Status: Come on out! Irritated. 2+ Sp. Defense, 1+ Attack, 1+ Defense, 1+ Accuracy

Azuraine's Attacks:

- Sucker Punch: 9% Damage, 8% Energy
- Beat Up: 7% Damage, 6% Energy
- Beat Up: 6% Energy

Prince's Attacks:

- Scald: 11% Damage, 7% Energy
- Dig: 5% Energy

Arena Notes

- It stopped raining after the second action.
- Puddles remain.
- There is a small, partially-filled hole from the Dig.

Notes

- Sorry, Darksong. Scald didn't burn.
- The two Beat Up's obviously missed due to Prince staying underground.
- Chill replenished 10% Energy.
- Sucker Punch and Beat Up were boosted.
- Mud Sport faded at the end of the round.
- I'll try to ref more quickly now.

Next Round

- Darksong attacks.
- Mai attacks.
- I ref.

Last edited:
OK, me first, huh? Great. This is always where I screw up.

You know what? I have an evil idea. Since the rain has stopped, maybe you can fire some Bubblebeams at the ground in front of you to dampen the area under the Nidoran, maybe to reduce mobility. But I want you to come out of the ground quickly after that, with your Dig attack. And finish off with Scald. During your attacks, if your enemy protects, Chill instead. If you didn't come up on the ground on the second action for whatever reason, then by all means do so.

Bubblebeam at the ground in front of you to turn it into quicksand, mwahaha ~ Dig attack/Chill ~ Dig attack/Scald/Chill

Last edited:
Double posting because I had my question answered. This will either fail spectacularly or be awesome!

Okay. This will be fairly simple, but I'm not sure how long actions take so I'm somewhat hesitant. Whatevs~

Okay. I want you to run. Run to the stairway and then chill. The piplup can't come up from under a staircase, and hopefully you're fast enough to make it before bubblebeam hits. I'm not sure how long that will take, so if on the third action you've already chilled and are on the staircase, just wait for Prince to emerge and then use thunderbolt. Make sure to stay on the stairway.

Run to stairway~ Chill/ Get to stairway~ Chill/Thunderbolt

3vs3 single

Effects of the arena:

Round Five Start!

Team Darksong

Piplup

[Prince] Piplup (M)
Health: 34%
Energy: 54%
Chills: 1/5

Team Mai

nidoranf

[Azuraine] Nidoran (M)
Health: 69%
Energy: 29%
Status: Come on out! Irritated. 2+ Sp. Defense, 1+ Attack, 1+ Defense, 1+ Accuracy

Azuraine could not stand the tension anymroe. A sneak attack was expected, yet the possibilities of where the penguin could pop up were endless. It was almost like a horror movie. The Nidoran then ran towards the staircase at the side of the courtyard, hoping to reach it before the penguin deciphered his plan. Meanwhile the penguin, forgetting he had been underground for some reason, blew more bubbles out of his mouth, which exploded before him. Prince was left rubbing his eyes from the initial shock. How could he have mistaken his own location? However, the blue bird knew his opponent was planning something above him. He would need to strike soon.

The penguin had waited long enough, though it was only ten seconds. Prince quickly dug his way out of the ground, flying into the air, only to find himself on the ground, humiliated and the rodent nowhere to be found. The penguin discovered that Azuraine had been resting on the staircase at the edge of the courtyard. The poisonous rodent had ran and arrived at the staircase, climbed on it, and then rested a bit after settling down. That was truly unfair. How could he lie around while Prince had just humiliated himself. This was most definitely unforgivable.

The Piplup was now sprinting towards the staircase. Despite is efforts, the penguin was fully aware he could not arrive at his destination before the referee fluttered his flags, so he halted his run and spat out boiling wat towards the staircase. Azuraine turned in response, some of the hot water seeping onto his bare skin. Though it caused pain, the rodent knew that the attack had been weakened. Now it was his turn. The Nidoran stored up his energy, slowly transforming it into electricity. He then released the electricity i the form of lightning, and the bolt sped across the courtyard in a flash. Prince was jolted with electricity, obviously in pain. Electricity was his weakness, and it seemed that his opponent was aware of it. Both regained their fighting stances, and the referee swayed his flags in the light breeze to signal the end of the round.

Round Five End!

Team Darksong

Piplup

[Prince] Piplup (M)
Health: 22%
Energy: 36%

Team Mai

nidoranf

[Azuraine] Nidoran (M)
Health: 64%
Energy: 28%
Status: Hee hee. Enlightened. 2+ Sp. Defense, 1+ Attack, 1+ Defense, 1+ Accuracy

Azuraine's Attacks:
- Running: 3% Energy
- Thunderbolt: 12% Damage, 8% Energy

Prince's Attacks:
- Bubblebeam: 5% Energy
- Dig: 7% Energy
- Scald: 5% Damage, 6% Energy

Arena Notes

- Puddles remain.
- There is a small, partially-filled tunnel from the Dig.
- Some of the ground around the staircase is soaked with warm water.

Notes

- Scald took a bit more energy to run halfway to Azuraine's location and to shoot the water further than usual.
- Scald dealt less damage due to not being at a regular distance.
- The Bubblebeam was underground, so it had no effect besides startling Prince.
- Chill replenished 10% Energy.
- Amnesia will last for two more rounds.
- That was actually quite fun to ref!

Next Round

- Mai attacks.
- Darksong attacks.
- I ref.

Last edited:
It took half the energy of a thunderbolt to run? Eh, I'm probably just complaining because Azuraine's energy is so low.

In Altered Origin's calculator, it says that two poison jabs will be enough to knock out Prince. So use poison jab until he faints. Chill if/when Prince faints or if the piplup protects/detects/hitting him isn't possible. If Prince is ordered to make a substitute, use toxic on the first action. Because he'll faint of poison damage on the last.

Poison jab/Chill/Toxic~Poison jab/Chill~Poison jab/Chill

I just hope you don't energy-faint trying to KO Prince, Azuraine. *Sighs*

Ugh, I'm so sick of being behind and on the bottom in everything I do! Oh well, I guess it's too late to fix all my errors now. Prince, take out your rage and -- oh, wait. First use Yawn, mwahaha... then use Bubblebeam, since you don't want to use a harsh attack and wake your foe. If you somehow still survive, then use Bubblebeam again.

Yawn ~ Bubblebeam ~ Bubblebeam

Back
Top Bottom