• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Negrek you have on the Battles Awaiting Refs list ole_schooler vs. Phantom. It's actually Superbird vs. Phantom.

I challenge someone, anyone!

6v6 single
Style: switch
DQ: a week
Damage cap: none
Banned moves: OHKOs, Double team, dig
Arena: MINECRAFT

A mild field that is rather square. The field is actually a large bowl, and you are surrounded by cobble stone on all sides. Every attack that involves striking (Brick Break, punch based moves, Earthquake, Etc.) will break a square of ground, increasing one for each evolutionary stage the pokemon has reached if they hit the ground (you may choose to do this). Other than that, you're pretty much free to do whatever.

I challenge someone, anyone!

6v6 single
DQ: a week
Damage cap: none
Banned moves: OHKOs, Double team, dig
Arena: MINECRAFT

A mild field that is rather square. The field is actually a large bowl, and you are surrounded by cobble stone on all sides. Every attack that involves striking (Brick Break, punch based moves, Earthquake, Etc.) will break a square of ground, increasing one for each evolutionary stage the pokemon has reached if they hit the ground (you may choose to do this). Other than that, you're pretty much free to do whatever.
minecraft is amazing

sign me up man

Taking Chief Zackrai vs RK-9, due to a similar enjoyment of Minecraft. (That and I need to start reffing. I have way too much spare time otherwise.)

Simple battle for me!

2v2 single
set
DQ: 1 Week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned and Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Draco Meteor,Weather Moves
Arena Description:Rainy Field. Rain is always active in this field and it is always drenched with water.
Additional Rules: N/A

Simple battle for me!

2v2 single
set
DQ: 1 Week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned and Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Draco Meteor,Weather Moves
Arena Description:Rainy Field. Rain is always active in this field and it is always drenched with water.
Additional Rules: N/A

I'll take this!

A challenge for Silver.

3 vs. 3 single
Style: Set
DQ: 10 days
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: OHKO, moves needing large bodies of water or earth to work.
Arena: The Land of Heat and Clockwork

The land of Heat and Clockwork is a mass expanse of lava, dotted with a few towers made of solid metal. There is also an island of metal in the distance thatlooks somewhat like an industrial complex.For some reason, the two battlers and their pokemon have been transported to a giant floating turntable oer the lava. The turntable has a diameter of about 120 feet, and has a center red circle with a diameter of about 40 feet.

Each round, there is an 70% chance of a spray of lava erupting and hitting a random battler for 10% fire-type damage, and a 30% chance that a column of lava will erupt from the center of the turn table and explode, damaging both players with a Lava Plume.

A challenge for Silver.

3 vs. 3 single
Style: Set
DQ: 10 days
Banned Moves: OHKO, moves needing large bodies of water or earth to work.
Arena: The Land of Heat and Clockwork

The land of Heat and Clockwork is a mass expanse of lava, dotted with a few towers made of solid metal. There is also an island of metal in the distance thatlooks somewhat like an industrial complex.For some reason, the two battlers and their pokemon have been transported to a giant floating turntable oer the lava. The turntable has a diameter of about 120 feet, and has a center red circle with a diameter of about 40 feet.

Each round, there is an 70% chance of a spray of lava erupting and hitting a random battler for 10% fire-type damage, and a 30% chance that a column of lava will erupt from the center of the turn table and explode, damaging both players with a Lava Plume.

I accept your challenge :3

I was bored. Really bored.

1. Battle Format: 1v1 single.

2. Battle Style: Set.

3. DQ Time: A week.

4. Damage Cap: 10% per action, 35% per round.

5. Banned and Restricted Moves: Weather effects only take effect on the top floor. OHKO's just do 10% damage.

6. Arena Description: Dragonspiral Tower

As featured in Black and White, Dragonspiral Tower is an ancient relic of a tower with eight floors and a lake on the bottom. There are several effects because of this. The lake can only be swam in by water-type pokemon, and has six pillars with 5% health that are treated as rock-type and can be hidden behind to absorb damage, similar to a substitute. The next seven are in the tower, and all of them have five pillars with 5% health. The last floor has eight pillars with 10% health, and a hole in the wall that weather effects can come through. Each time a pokemon makes an action, it has a 5% chance of falling down a level by accident, unless it's on the first level or lake. If it slips and falls, it only does it's action if it's a special attack or a self-targeting move. Only special attacks and self-targeting moves can be used when the user is on a different level than the user, and you can spend an action moving up or down a level. I think that's all.

7. Additional Rules: No evolved pokemon.

I was bored. Really bored.

1. Battle Format: 1v1 single.

2. Battle Style: Set.

3. DQ Time: A week.

4. Damage Cap: 10% per action, 35% per round.

5. Banned and Restricted Moves: Weather effects only take effect on the top floor. OHKO's just do 10% damage.

6. Arena Description: Dragonspiral Tower

As featured in Black and White, Dragonspiral Tower is an ancient relic of a tower with eight floors and a lake on the bottom. There are several effects because of this. The lake can only be swam in by water-type pokemon, and has six pillars with 5% health that are treated as rock-type and can be hidden behind to absorb damage, similar to a substitute. The next seven are in the tower, and all of them have five pillars with 5% health. The last floor has eight pillars with 10% health, and a hole in the wall that weather effects can come through. Each time a pokemon makes an action, it has a 5% chance of falling down a level by accident, unless it's on the first level or lake. If it slips and falls, it only does it's action if it's a special attack or a self-targeting move. Only special attacks and self-targeting moves can be used when the user is on a different level than the user, and you can spend an action moving up or down a level. I think that's all.

7. Additional Rules: No evolved pokemon.
taken

Eh, why not.

Format: 2v2 single
Battle Style: Set
DQ: standard week
Dam. Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: direct healing, OHKO's
Arena: The Plateau

A relatively tall rise, overlooking a medium-sized pit. Moves that require a lot of movement have a 50% chance to knock the user off. Moves that propel the target do as well. Being knocked off instantly knocks out the Pokemon.

If it sounds a little vague, I do apologize.

Eh, why not.

Format: 2v2 single
Battle Style: Set
DQ: standard week
Dam. Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: direct healing, OHKO's
Arena: The Plateau

A relatively tall rise, overlooking a medium-sized pit. Moves that require a lot of movement have a 50% chance to knock the user off. Moves that propel the target do as well. Being knocked off instantly knocks out the Pokemon.

If it sounds a little vague, I do apologize.

I can bag this. Hehe.

3vs3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, direct recovery, chills limited to 5 per Pokémon
Arena: The Kokuboro

The Kokuboro castle is a huge palace-like complex with seemingly no way out. It is built somewhat oddly for a castle, though; the roofs are dark blue, with the walls being white with wood-colored trim. The castle has a faint evil aura all around it, causing Dark-type moves to be powered up. Pokémon with the Justified ability will be put on edge, and will gain double the Attack bonus when hit by a Dark-type move. The sky around Kokuboro is perpetually a dark twilight color. The particular area where this battle takes place is a courtyard, on a large rectangle of dirt surrounded by castle walls. On one side of the courtyard is a long staircase that leads to a walkway about fifteen feet high, which runs around the perimeter of a courtyard. This walkway is surrounded by castle walls of even higher elevation; most flying Pokémon cannot get over these walls without much effort.
Other: Only baby or basic Pokémon are allowed.
Effects of the arena:
- Dark-type moves do 1% more damage, after all other damage calculations
- Pokémon with the Justified ability have their Attack raised by two stages after being hit by a Dark-type move, rather than by one stage.

3vs3 single
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, direct recovery, chills limited to 5 per Pokémon
Arena: The Kokuboro

The Kokuboro castle is a huge palace-like complex with seemingly no way out. It is built somewhat oddly for a castle, though; the roofs are dark blue, with the walls being white with wood-colored trim. The castle has a faint evil aura all around it, causing Dark-type moves to be powered up. Pokémon with the Justified ability will be put on edge, and will gain double the Attack bonus when hit by a Dark-type move. The sky around Kokuboro is perpetually a dark twilight color. The particular area where this battle takes place is a courtyard, on a large rectangle of dirt surrounded by castle walls. On one side of the courtyard is a long staircase that leads to a walkway about fifteen feet high, which runs around the perimeter of a courtyard. This walkway is surrounded by castle walls of even higher elevation; most flying Pokémon cannot get over these walls without much effort.
Other: Only baby or basic Pokémon are allowed.
Effects of the arena:
- Dark-type moves do 1% more damage, after all other damage calculations
- Pokémon with the Justified ability have their Attack raised by two stages after being hit by a Dark-type move, rather than by one stage.

Accepted, if you don't mind.

Last edited:
Challenge for anyone who wants it.

2v2 double battle
Set
One week DQ
35% damage cap, -5% for each damaging move you used that round (e.g. the damage cap for Calm Mind ~ Calm Mind ~ Overheat would be 30%, but the damage cap for Overheat ~ Fire Blast ~ Heat Wave would be 20%.)
OHKO moves count as three damaging moves for the purposes of the damage cap.
Reverse World:

The reverse world is an incredibly strange place, where the laws of space and time are incredibly... Reversed. It consist mostly of floating rocks, but you can find just about anything there. Any pokemon using a move that targets someone other than itself has a 30% chance to become mildly confused for the next two rounds. As well as that, every round it has a 5% chance to move around, which causes disruptions of the referee's choice.

Last edited:
3vs3 single
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, direct healing moves; Chills limited to 5 per Pokémon
Arena: Skyarrow Bridge

The road on Skyarrow Bridge has been closed off for this battle, so nobody has to worry about cars coming their way. Connecting Pinwheel Forest and the giant Castelia City, Skyarrow Bridge is definitely a sight to behold. It has an elevated center walkway for pedestrians, and two roads located below the center walkway, on each side. Bordering the bridge are large support structures similar to the ones on Brooklyn Bridge in New York City or Rainbow Bridge in Tokyo. Far below the roadway is the estuary that leads from the ocean into the heart of the Unova region. At this time of night, the view is stunning. The bridge is similar in color to diamond, an elegant bluish-white. You'd better be careful; sometimes it can get windy.

Other: Only baby or basic Pokémon are allowed. Also, it's nighttime, so Sunny Day won't work.

Meh, why not? I haven't taken a challenge in a while, and I have a free spot.

You're on!

I'll ref this; thread will be up in just a bit.

3vs3 single
DQ: two weeks
Banned Moves: 1hko / attract / double team / weather changers
Arena: an old factory

Long since abandoned, the structual integrity of this factory leaves much to be desired. There are pipes rusting and bursting at every turn. Many tiles that line the floor have come undone. Let's not forget to mention the stairs aren't exactly safe!

3vs3 single
DQ: two weeks
Banned Moves: 1hko / attract / double team / weather changers
Arena: an old factory

Long since abandoned, the structual integrity of this factory leaves much to be desired. There are pipes rusting and bursting at every turn. Many tiles that line the floor have come undone. Let's not forget to mention the stairs aren't exactly safe!

DIBS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom