• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Darksong vs. Richie

Eta Carinae

I really loved that farm.
3vs3 single
Style: Set
DQ: Four days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's and direct recovery moves.
Arena: Treeshroud Forest

Treeshroud Forest is a dense deciduous forest on an island far away. The trees are very close together, and undergrowth covers much of the forest floor, though there are some visible paths that a Pokemon could stay on if it were too big to maneuver between the tree trunks. This particular battle takes place in a small clearing about the size of a typical room in a house. This clearing is surrounded by bushes and smaller trees that are densely placed, and also has a couple of large trees in the center. As one gets farther and farther from the clearing, the oaks and other deciduous trees grow taller and thicker. The sky just above the clearing is hardly visible; if the weather were to change, it would be less effective than in an open space, and all effects due to the weather are halved. For example, instead of rain doubling the strength of Water moves, it would only multiply them by 1.5; instead of sunlight doubling the speed of a Pokemon with Chlorophyll, the Pokemon's speed would only increase to 1.5 times; etc.

Other: I'm still sort of a beginner at ASB; I'd prefer to battle with someone of about my skill level.

Darksong's Active Squad

(Pandora) Venipede [F] <Poison Point>
(Prince) Prinplup [M] <Torrent>
(Sunaero) Aerodactyl [F] <Pressure>
(Echo) Marowak [F] <Lightningrod>
(Melissa) Taillow [M] <Guts>
(Rosie) Glameow [F] <Limber>
(Ling) Zangoose [M] <Immunity>

Richie's Active Squad

Chikorita [F] <Overgrow> @Sun Stone
Pichu [M] <Static>
Gastly [M] <Levitate>
Poliwag [M] <Water Absorb>

O Mighty RNG decrees that:

Darksong sends out
Richie sends out and orders attacks
Darksong orders attacks
I ref

Lesse here... I'll go with Gastly. Hope I don't make any dumb mistakes....
Okay, Toxic twice for status, then use Hypnosis.

Toxic~Toxic~Hypnosis

All right, we know you won't get poisoned, Pandora, since you're Poison-type, but you might need to avoid that Hypnosis somehow. And this will also be tough because you don't have a lot of moves that can really hurt your opponent. But we'll get around it somehow. (Good choice of Pokemon, Richie.)

I guess, start by using Screech, just to get your opponent's Defense down. Then make a small Substitute, so we probably won't have to worry about Hypnosis. Finish off with Payback so you can get some damage in.

Screech ~ Substitute (10%) ~ Payback

3vs3 single
Style: Set
DQ: Four days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's and direct recovery moves.
Arena: Treeshroud Forest

Treeshroud Forest is a dense deciduous forest on an island far away. The trees are very close together, and undergrowth covers much of the forest floor, though there are some visible paths that a Pokemon could stay on if it were too big to maneuver between the tree trunks. This particular battle takes place in a small clearing about the size of a typical room in a house. This clearing is surrounded by bushes and smaller trees that are densely placed, and also has a couple of large trees in the center. As one gets farther and farther from the clearing, the oaks and other deciduous trees grow taller and thicker. The sky just above the clearing is hardly visible; if the weather were to change, it would be less effective than in an open space, and all effects due to the weather are halved. For example, instead of rain doubling the strength of Water moves, it would only multiply them by 1.5; instead of sunlight doubling the speed of a Pokemon with Chlorophyll, the Pokemon's speed would only increase to 1.5 times; etc.

Other: I'm still sort of a beginner at ASB; I'd prefer to battle with someone of about my skill level.

Round 1

Darksong OOO

Venipede
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Screech ~ Substitute (10%) ~ Payback
Status: Muttering to herself in her own language; producing small clicking noises

Richie OOO

Gastly
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Gastly [M] <Levitate>
Commands: Toxic ~ Toxic ~ Hypnosis

Both Pokemon, a few seconds after being released from their pokeballs, inspected their surroundings with interest. Pandora felt at home in a forest, though she would much more prefer to engage in a more guerrilla style of battling amongst the underbrush. Gastly stared up at the sun for a few seconds, wishing it were much, much lower in the sky. But complaining about the time of day would do no help to the Gastly. From whatever organs resided in his body, Gastly began to regurgitate some toxins from within himself. After coughing for a few seconds, an indeterminate blob of toxic waste emerged in his mouth. As unceremonious as possible, the ghost spat the blob forward at Pandora, using his long tongue to try and direct it at his opponent. Pandora however, saw that the blob was veering slightly off course, and using split second reflexes, she ducked her large abdomen out of the way, letting the blob hit the grass behind her, blackening and killing it almost instantly. Not deterred, Pandora opened her lazy eyelids wide, and emitted a “present” of her own from her mouth. An ear splitting screech emitted from her jaws, causing even the Gastly, who was used to frightening others, to squeeze his eyes shut, wishing he had hands to cover his ears. But his efforts were to no avail, and as the cacophony ended, he shivered, feeling weakened.

Determined not to fail a second time, Gastly conjured up a second glob of toxic sludge, and spent a few more seconds actually aiming the attack at Pandora, who looked on with the Venipede’s trademark sleepy gaze. He spat the blob ferociously, letting small toxic corpuscles spray the ground around where he released the glob. This time his aim was true, and Pandora could do nothing to avoid the attack. However, instead of recoiling as she was hit, the Venipede made no gesture at all. The toxins seeped through her exoskeleton and into her bloodstream, but she took no notice. With as much of a grimace as he could muster with a grin permanently plastered on his face, he realized that the bug before him was a Poison-type, and would not be effected by the toxins, whether they hit her or not. Pandora of course, had been informed of this by her trainer, and as such had barely taken any notice of the Gastly so far. Now she was forced to move with some real motive, and she took to the task with no complaint. Using her many claws to scrape at the ground, she frantically began to form a pile of dirt. When the mound was as large as her, she stood before it and imbued it with her life force, causing the dirt to morph and transform into a rough cope of Pandora herself. The only thing that betrayed it as something alive was its glowing yellow eyes. The Gastly continued to frown. Two Venipede would be harder to deal with than one.

Using his small arsenal of psychic powers, Gastly was next to try and put his opponent (or now “opponents”) to sleep. Tapping into the energy, he lit his eyes aglow with a foreboding red aura. He flew down lower to Pandora’s level, but as he tried to make eye contact, he saw that the yellow eyed dirt Venipede was blocking his attempts. As he strafed to the left the substitute floated to meet him, completely obscuring his view of the real Pandora. He tried to move forward and over the fake Venipede, but it seemed that the dirt creation was stronger than Gastly had originally anticipated, holding him in place with an invisible force. As he tried to fight against it, he lost his interest in the real Pandora, letting his eyes loose their glow. This turned out to be a mistake, as when he let his attention devote fully to the fake Venipede, Pandora took advantage, she jumped powerfully over her substitute, her legs scuttling frantically as she soared through the air. Gastly turned his head upward in shock, watching his opponent descend upon him. He was quite frightened to see that the Venipede was covered in a dark aura that seemed to exude an evil power that even the Gastly was not familiar with. He realized in the last second before he was crushed that she had used a dark-type attack, which was quite bad news. He gasped as Pandora struck him, forcing his barely tangible body to be compressed painfully. The physical onslaught lasted for only a few seconds, but even as Pandora removed herself, Gastly still grimaced. Throughout the entire display, Pandora’s substitute stood motionless, silently taunting the frustrated Gastly.

End of Round 1

Darksong OOO

Venipede
Health: 90%
Energy: 87%

Venipede
Subsitute: 10%

Richie OOO

Gastly
Health: 84%
Energy: 92%
Gastly [M] <Levitate>
Status: Frustrated, though not completely deterred. Defense –2

Arena Notes:
-There is a Venipede sized hole in the ground beside Pandora’s substitute

Ref’s Notes:
-The first Toxic missed
-The second Toxic had no effect
-Darksong to order attacks next

That Payback was pretty good, Pandora. Let's keep this going.
It won't be very effective, but I want you to use Struggle Bug to lower that Gastly's Special Attack a little. Next use Defense Curl; we're preparing for our next attack. And finally, let loose a Rollout -- the power will be boosted by that Defense Curl. But if the Gastly protects on the first or last action, then use Agility instead and see what happens.

Struggle Bug/Agility ~ Defense Curl ~ Rollout/Agility

OK, I think that's more than enough time.

Richie is DQed. Darksong receives $8, I receive $5, and Richie gets nothing. Both Gastly and Pandora receive 1 EXP point.

Back
Top Bottom