• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Dies Twice Mafia - Game Thread

also i was only able to use it after losing a life so Tyyy mafia mwah

i guess there are two possibilities i see here - first is that maybe you're right and it really is just stryke. potentially he felt like he was probably fucked anyway but that a red flip from rnp would totally bury him considering you basically said as much yesterday, so might as well do what he can. however, in a situation where stryke is not mafia, it might still be worthwhile to obscure rnp's flip in order to put us on stryke's ass rather than finding the actual remaining wolf/wolves.

i think it's possible someone had a one-shot life restoring power or similar and just used it on you because you're cop and we all thought you were going to die without really realizing that doing so would block your results.
True, it's definitely possible the life-restoring was a townie (which is definitely what I first assumed). The possibility of it as a mafia power made to disable power roles is tantalizing and very interesting to me but probably not favored by Occam's razor. I guess the thing that makes me sort of favor it is it would perfectly explain the mafia not attempting to kill me - they don't even need to if they can just make my investigations useless - whereas without it they'd have been taking a big risk based on the possibility of a healer etc. that we were kind of agreed wasn't super likely in the setup. But it's very possible that that's just me logicking myself into a convoluted pretzel where giving people extra lives is a mafia move actually.

Mafia would probably have wanted to obscure RNP's flip both if he was or wasn't mafia, so I can also see a world where my redcheck was scrambled somehow and the mafia took advantage by killing RNP in stealth-mode in the hope we'd all assume we got one of them and keep targeting Stryke. But this is obviously a possibility that requires the scrambling happening at all, which I'm still doubtful of. Mafia RNP no-flipping is probably neutral as to whether Stryke is his partner; I don't really think Stryke is more or less likely to do it than someone else in this situation. So it does strike me as sort of funny to say the mafia did it to put us on Stryke's ass; why should we assume RNP no-flipping would mean the partner is more likely to be Stryke than otherwise? I would assume the point of making mafia!RNP no-flip would be to cast suspicion on my investigation results/me in general, which if anything would discourage going after Stryke since I'm the main person pushing him.

i kind of forgot what was up and had to reread my rolecard before realizing i don’t actually have any utility alive anymore. so yeah

Oh, I should have clicked the messages have been posted since you loaded this page notification

i don't really think stryke's theory makes any sense but the boldness of coming out the gate theorizing on rnp's towniness in this situation when doing that is precisely what attracted your suspicion to him is bold enough that it's honestly a little harder for me to imagine it coming from paranoid mafia than from town.
What attracted my suspicion to Stryke was not Stryke theorizing RNP's towniness! It was 1) initially vibes, and then 2) RNP voting to save Stryke, not the other way around.

ok

i actually don’t think there’s a reason for me to hide it, i thought about this for more than 2 seconds. i was the one who protected butterfree! it was indeed a one-shot, but my role also says literally nothing about any sort of effect other than granting my target an extra life so idk wtf is happening there. it’s interesting that the flavor butterfree mentioned suggested that it happened as a side-effect of the heal itself because unless my role literally just lied by omission i feel like it must have been someone other than me
if i’m understanding correctly, it’s because bfree only gets results back when she’s down to a single life, which she no longer is thanks to your heal.

Yeah, I think that's what's going on. As I mentioned earlier, I rechecked my role PM and the exact phrasing is probably suggesting that the Receipts power only activates when I have one life left. No reason you should've known that, though! As a townie, obviously you just figured giving me an extra life would be helpful, and as I also mentioned earlier, when I described my power I did not suggest that I would lose it if I gained another life (I hadn't assumed it worked like that myself either).

(i.e. I think the phrasing is probably suggesting that the power activates at the end of a night if at that point I have one life left, rather than the power being permanently enabled once I was down to one life.)

ok

i actually don’t think there’s a reason for me to hide it, i thought about this for more than 2 seconds. i was the one who protected butterfree! it was indeed a one-shot, but my role also says literally nothing about any sort of effect other than granting my target an extra life so idk wtf is happening there. it’s interesting that the flavor butterfree mentioned suggested that it happened as a side-effect of the heal itself because unless my role literally just lied by omission i feel like it must have been someone other than me
It would appear my previous point has been rendered moot

I'm still kinda curious what RNP meant by saying his night action would try to clear his name, but since nothing else important has been revealed yet, it probably doesn't matter. Back to the drawing board for me!

I find it hard to imagine what kind of role would be "dangerous", and yet prove someone innocent. Unless he meant "powerful", but at that point we're on multiple levels of speculation that is probably not super useful

Yeah, I think that's what's going on. As I mentioned earlier, I rechecked my role PM and the exact phrasing is probably suggesting that the Receipts power only activates when I have one life left. No reason you should've known that, though! As a townie, obviously you just figured giving me an extra life would be helpful, and as I also mentioned earlier, when I described my power I did not suggest that I would lose it if I gained another life (I hadn't assumed it worked like that myself either).
M&F confirmed.

No need to be sorry, it makes sense you did what you did <3

I'm also going Stryke, not seeing a better option at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom