• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Doctor Who Club

My parents absolutely do not understand the concept of "in-universe" at all. Whenever we talk about anything they just say "it's a story" or "because they wrote it that way." It annoys me so much because sometimes it makes no sense at all.

My parents absolutely do not understand the concept of "in-universe" at all. Whenever we talk about anything they just say "it's a story" or "because they wrote it that way." It annoys me so much because sometimes it makes no sense at all.

What's especially annoying is, if there's an episode I didn't like or I found the writing to be really weak, they say "It's a show for children" as if that's a valid excuse for bad writing.

And I don't even mean when I over-analyse things because that's what I do, I mean when I complain about how the Daleks keep coming back despite being beaten completely, for the last time, they can never come back, it's apparently the laws of the universe that say this, if there were any left the Doctor would know, absolutely no loopholes, FOREVER. Over and over again.

I hate this excuse so, so much, not for any in-universe explaining, but because those are the excuses people always give for having all women be love interests or all black people be criminals or all gay people be killed.

(Doctor Who is actually a wonderful exception to all of the above (though noticably less so in recent series, I'll admit), but generally speaking)

I like to try to figure out why the story goes the way it goes both in-universe and from a real-life standpoint, but it annoys me when people will only ever look at real-life. I am lucky to have people to watch Doctor Who (along with various other shows) with who share my sentiment.

when whoever it was wrote down Melody's name on that piece of cloth, they were intending to write Melody Pond, despite that language's lack of a word for Melody and Pond.
Since, you know, telepathy.

I suppose that since
they actually lacked a term for 'pond', she actually sewed the word 'river' intentionally, with the meaning for it to mean 'river' and not pond, thus the translation. I don't know about the melody/song part, though... maybe they also don't have music that isn't singing?

This happens whenever I point out inaccuracies in anything. Doubly so with cartoons.

550w_cult_torchwood_miracle_05.jpg

Oswald Danes

C3.jpg

The Dad from Casper

I just thought it was ironic... sort of weird.

/noticed it when watching Casper at 4 AM...

Before torchwood was on, my brother listed actors who were going to be in it and saying what they're known for. I think he did mention the dad from Casper.
Though if I didn't know any better I'd still be insisting that the dad from Casper was Robin Williams.

He did have a kind of Robbin Williams vibe in that particular movie though.

...not so much in Torchwood. ^^'

OKAY UM

idk if spoilery but

interspecies Victorian lesbians aaaaaaa

I'm only just on series six.

^ Yesssssss.

Right, you know how I say "this is the greatest thing in the world" all the time? This time I really, really mean it.

(although the thing I got for my birthday is also the greatest thing in the world, and I shall post pictures later.)

Just a question that that made me think of, and this time probably answerable and not just me being an over-analytical silly person who finds the smallest plot holes.

What makes Ood Sigma different from the other Ood? I haven't watched any of those episodes for a while.

Also anyway that video was good! Would have been entertaining to see more cyberman though!

I dunno about Ood Sigma, actually. I can't remember much about the Ood past them all being called by number on the Impossible Planet 2-parter and that being very sweet, and then Ood Sigma being there in The End of Time. I haven't rewatched Planet of the Ood in a while because I don't remember it being especially good, but it does have Donna. Much like The Sontaran Strategem, really.

This isn't quite as good as the other vid (I think), but damn it's up there. I want to be David and John and Catherine's friend, they all have so much fun ;;

I've been stalking this club for about a month now and still haven't found what i'm looking for a good chance to post. I guess I'll go watch the video now.

...Oh I almost forgot. Can I join?

Back
Top Bottom