• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Drawsborough

BIG BIG BUMP. Whoo~ I keep forgetting about this thing. But lemme try to keep my activity up... it'll be easy, probably, seeing as how I have loads of things I've drawn.

But here we go then!

First off, we've got this lovely Reference of myself in a dress I wish I actually owned. I do own the scarf though.

Then there's the Birthday Present for a friend of mine.

And lastly, there's the First Stage of a fakemon line I devised. It's me if I were a Pokemon essentially. But I also use this outside of a Pokemon context as a sort of... 'sona, I guess. But not the First Stage, since that's only supposed to represent the child me.

I've done loads more art than that in the past few months, obviously. But I don't want to overload you guys with HUGE WALL OF ART, since I find that loads of art might deter commenteration. So yeah. Enjoy~

Cricket chirps, eh? I'll keep going~

I did a sketch of this Magazine Model years ago - when I was 13. I can sort of stop failing at humans if I draw them exactly like the reference. Sort of.

And then there's the Second Stage to my Fakemon line of me~ness. However, I'm seriously considering changing its colour to a more tannish skinlike colour. I think I will. That's teenage me, by the way. And is where I am now~

Lastly, there's I did Nalivoi when I was bored and experimenting about with digital techniques. It was a quick sketch and a whole lot of screwing about with filters and such, as you can probably tell.

Last edited:
So I've started doing some more Creation Revisions uncoloured.

First off, Brass Vale, which I haven't posted yet, got a Revision.

Then there's Another Creation you haven't seen, Revised.

Then there's the Last Creation which you haven't seen, with the Last Revision.

Lastly, there's the Third Stage of my fakemon. I'm redrawing them though in their new tannish colour scheme later on, so that white colour in all of them isn't really their real colour. Represents Adult Me~

Last edited:
These are nice~

The second one is in a nice style, like a cave painting or something.

The doggy is good 'cept that its back legs look like they're slanting towards the fourth wall.

And the suit is a good picture as well; it looks like you're falling backwards onto a bed or something, though.

<3

Ah, thank you for commenting, Blastoise!

Yeah, I rather like the second one's style. And I see what you're saying about the legs... I'll remember that for the future. Same with the suit and the legs, I've just never been good with legs, I suppose.

So I got more!

Firstly there's Another Random Digital Experiment, which I think kinda looks like a horse or something.

And then there's the Coloured Revision of Brass Vale. Whew, a mouthful! By the way, you may have noticed I added Colour Notes. I wanted individuals within species of Creations to have more variety, so those are colour ranges for them that they can be.

And then the Coloured Revision of Ancient Vale, which I rather like how it came out, to be honest.

;;Crickets chirp;; Is anybody in here? No? Ah, well, let's fill the void with more crappy art! (Man, that Arylett, she is stubborn!)

First off, we have a new Chary Revision, which is to say, that Fakemon I posted that was a Pokemonization of me. So soon? Why yes. I like this colouring far better and think it looks more Fire-typeish.

And then, another Crappy Picture of Me. I really do hate the face, turned out bad. My attempt to draw smile wrinkles made me look thirty years older! The outfit's quite nice though, in my opinion.

Lastly, there's this picture of the Elements of Alterra. Or at least, their symbols. I tried to make each one represent all the elements as good as possible. In case you're interested or can't guess what each Element is, this should tell you:

Rena: Fire | Fallan: Earth | Nalit: Reality | Neol: Mind
Cete: Water | Breis: Air | Voi: Nothing | Laithos: Life

Ah, what a self-centered update.

Last edited:
You're-going-to-comment-in-me, you're-going-to-comment-in-me. Did it work? (FFVIII references that nobody will get unless they're a dorkthing like me.)

First off, we have the sequel of self-centered update, the Revenge of the Mouriett. Scanner killed the colouring on this one, along with constant erasing. I'm too obsessive.

Aaaand we got more digital experiments. Like, a Golden Tree or something.

Then there's a Fishy thing, too. I keep calling him Fishyman in my head for some reason, even though he's not part man. I was just messing around, really. So both probably don't look that good. I was just bored and made them.

Lame attempts at hypnosis never work! So I'll keep in with the stubborn act.

Self-Centeredness 3! It continues. We have here the very lovely Arkairlett Revised. And I do quite like this one. Although it was somewhat ruined when somebody told me it looked like it was doing an Irish jig! Ah, I must always draw dancy poses. (First disco, now this?)

Lastly, there is Wyrnat's Coloured Revision. Which I like and don't like in some parts.

No random digital experiments this time, aha, yeah.

It has been pretty quiet in here. I'll try fixing that a bit.

As for Arkairlett Revised, I really like how vivid the colors are. The shading's nice, too. The face is a bit asymmertical, which bothers me more than it should. The fire-ish thing shouldn't be as scribblely as it is; fire is more jagged. Her arms are drawn well, however. You really have a strong point with colors.

The Wyrnat's Coloured Revision, looks really cool in monochrome. The fluff effect is drawn very well. However, Wings are more rounded at the ends rather than pointed, but that's easily fix, no? The legs look a bit off, but from that angle they're pretty hard to draw correctly. Again, I really like how much contrast there is with the shades.

Sorry, this is so short. D:

Thanks Spoony~ Yeah, the face on Arkairlett does bother me a bit. And the Fire's all scribbly because well, it's supposed to me more... wispy, sort of an aural fire than a literal fire. Although I think I might've overdid it, so I see what you mean.

I see what you mean about that. I shall keep it in mind, thank you~ Yeah, the legs were bothering me quite a bit. I wasn't... sure how to do them correctly. But thank you for commenting. ^^ A short comment is better than no comment.

And aaah, I'm sorry you guys, I've taken so long to post! I haven't really been drawing, that's why... just sheer laziness. No excuses there.

HOWEVER. I do have one piece that I've drawn... a birthday gift for one of my best friends, Castycal. It's full of injokes and will make your eyes explode. Here it is:

The Dance.

(By the way, the name's a reference to something, nobody's actually dancing, yes, I'm aware of that.)

Last edited:
Frata, I'm so irregular, but no one was probably paying attention, so it's cool.

Anyways though! I've been getting random weird drawing urges when I should be drawing more presents for people, aah. But still! Here's some of my random weird drawing urges' results.

A friend of mine, Castycal (AKA Zephyrous Castform), has created a few marvelous Fakemon which I have had a desire to draw, and so, with his permission, I did so.

First off, we have Paradine Uncoloured. (Click here for his original drawing.) I really love how this one came out.

Then we've got Floware Uncoloured (Original), its evolution Tropicare Uncoloured (Original), and Swannet Uncoloured. (Original) I don't really like how I did the first two, but Swannet was grand.

Lastly, a friend of mine showed me a picture of a man from a show called Big Brother, which I do not watch and have never seen, but I really liked the way the man looked, and had the urge to draw him for some inane reason, so I did. He is James Rhine. Please note that unlike a lot of the stuff I draw, I copied it (not traced though) exactly as it looked in the picture, so that's why it might be of a higher quality than most of my stuff. Still though, I like how it came out. I didn't think I could pull off drawing men like that, never done a drawing of a man like that before. I believe this is a first.

Last edited:
Bada da da da frum pa pa pa pa~ More uncoloured art that I might possibly colour when I can be arsed~

...Felt like singing that.

Anyways. Yeah. So I continue to steal draw Castycal's fakemon. Why, I dunno. I just. Like drawing 'em. So I did.

Findol Uncoloured's (Original) up first and I must say, he's looking... semi-decent, I guess. Not liking it so much though. Then there's Dolprint Uncoloured (Original) and I... really like this one. Ahaha. The expression's my favourite part. Lastly, Orking Uncoloured (Original) who is boring and bleh because I fail at poses.

And then we've got uh, something I ACTUALLY designed myself. Bwahaha. Say hi to Fancy Mouriett Uncoloured. I like the face on this one. Not so much the chest and upper part though, looks sort of awkward. That's my little sona thingy in some kinda fancy little ribbony outfit. You'll see more of these because I am insane and like to draw myself in all shapes and forms in outfits.

Last edited:
Ahaha ha ha ha ha! Why is it that Arylett doesn't give up~ I know you people are out there, and I know you're looking, but you're just too damn laaaaazy to say anything~ So I'll keep going until you doooo~

Anyways, after my Typical Acknowledging of Nobody Commenting In Here... we have some more Self-Centered Things that Illustrate My Pose Fail. And no, I do not know why I Insist on Capitalizing Random Things.

So we got a bit of Mouriett Clothed Uncoloured. Yes, I love this drawing. And it is one of the most awesome things I've ever drawn in my opinion. More in terms of content than quality. Still though, I think I got my Creationsona (yes, that's what Mouriett is, my Creationsona, I decided. I decided it's not really a fakemon but just... a Creation. The species of it is Messenger, Messengers are Creations. She's a Salest, which is a Messenger's teenage form.) pretty well. I've finally figured out how to draw the anatomy of this thing perfectly.

Then we've got... more self-centeredness that Arylett forgot to show! This is my Self-Reference. With everything you need to know about a Lett. Done, as I've said countless times, with nothing but a laptop mouse. It was painstaking and took many hours.

I'm gonna go now 'cause I'm tired. That's all for today! HOPEFULLY I WILL GET UP OFF MY ASS AND HAVE PRESENTS NEXT TIME! Or at least colour something for the love of carkin' soup.

It's been a while! Oh yes, it has. I've done lots of things, but... most of it is paint doodles and not really worth showing! So I'll just uh... show the first fully coloured picture I've done in a long time. I really need to do more of these. Done for Stormecho but then I added in some more characters! It's some guys from an RP called The Legendary Beast Pack:

Power Trio. (Oh and yes, I acknowledge that the Alakazam is totally awkward and that I fail at all things human or humanlike. Don't really like how Naxalge came out either, specifically her fur.)

So! I've got myself a new scanner which seems to have better quality. It's the OS Art Month. And well... I've got plenty to show off! I've got a few non-Art Month things to show as well... won't art dump you with all the Art Month stuff as I'm sure you could find it in the Art Month thread. I'll just post a few pieces of it at a time, and show non-related Art Month stuff more. So here we go!

Day 1 - Zora's Birthday Present (Zora's rather awkward and my face went all wonky when I coloured... but I think I like this one. It's just some injokey stuff, you could say.)

Day 2 - Yorterry Christmas Facebook avvie (It's crappy and I know that! I just made it quickly with my mouse for some sort of Pokemon avatar month on Facebook. Not my Pokesona.)

Day 3 - Trinity Flame UC (Do you guys remember this from waaaay long ago? Yeah, it got a touchup. I'm sort of proud of this one, to be honest. Oh and that's her Spirit Form in the background... something called a Sleestfester, a Creation I haven't shown yet. Pretty much, a Spirit Form is like... a Creation form that people can take in my little RP story thing that most fits their personality.)

Day 4 - Kira UC (Pose FAIL to the max! I was trying something there with her Spirit Form that just... didn't work. Heh. Also, yes, her catchphrase is "woooot." She has a very peculiar accent.)

Arylett Poem I UC (This is gonna be made into several banners and avatars. Not the whole picture, but bits and pieces of it are going to be cut off... it's based on a poem that a marvelous friend of mine made for me.)

Arylett Poem II UC (Kinda in the middle of the poem, really. It goes, A, M, C, and then AMC is for Arylett. But I couldn't really fit Mouriett into this one and Chary's small size made it easier not to waste paper... so yeah.)

Here you go! Heh, enjoy my crappy artwork.

Back
Top Bottom