• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Easter Vacation?

I get tommorrow, Good Friday, off, but that's it. 'Least it's something. Besides, I get Spring Break in May, so.

I get Monday off because it's the end of the quarter. I'm probably just going to spend it like any other Sunday, except that I'll have a nice amount of chocolate at hand and I may search around for hard boiled eggs and leave the rest to the raccoons. The only reason I celebrate there strange holidays is for the candy and the fun.

My school's spring break was almost a month ago. So I don't get any days off for Easter at all.

Of course, I haven't been to school any this week except on Monday... but that's because I've been sick, so I don't think that really counts as a "vacation."

Mine started at the beginning of this week and goes on until a week Monday. My plans involve a lot of sitting around doing nothing constructive whatsoever, though I really ought to be revising my arse off. Meh.

Well I'm back from the summer house, I wish I could have been longer, but I have plans for tomorrow. :)

been listening to music. what have i listened to..

-xtc, drums and wires
-atlas sound, let the blind lead those who can see but cannot feel
-xtc, white music
-m83, dead cities, red seas & lost ghosts
-phoenix, alphabetical
-lotus plaza, the floodlight collective
-sonic youth, daydream nation
-the second half of marquee moon

what have i learned..

-atlas sound is really good
-phoenix's third album is better than the first two (so far; listening as i type)
-daydream nation is still really good after these years
-xtc got inexplicably better after go 2
-lotus plaza is neat but i don't think lockett is as good without deerhunter as bradford (atlas sound) is
-marquee moon is still really good after not listening to it for months
-i thought i wouldn't like that m83 album because their later songs, where they basically worship 80s pop with shoegaze thrown in for good measure, are what i'm more familiar with; to my surprise, this album was actually much better than i expected.

my last.fm charts aren't very pronounced. they're also missing a lot of music that i haven't ripped to my computer yet. maybe that can be something i can do next week..

i'll probably pick up a book and start reading soon. either the crying of lot 49 or breakfast of champions. i also have hamlet for english.

I just get a long weekend.

But I get a week at the end of April/beginning of May, because we have lots of holidays then: Queen's Day, Liberation Day, Remembrance Day.

And we get Ascension off, and Pentecost.

I just get a long weekend.

But I get a week at the end of April/beginning of May, because we have lots of holidays then: Queen's Day, Liberation Day, Remembrance Day.

And we get Ascension off, and Pentecost.
I wish I got Liberation Day off. We don't celebrate it so as not to offend the Germans (because it's a european school) but seriously fuck the Germans.
Since it's a european school we also don't get King's Day off. argh

We do get Ascension and Pentecost though. Thank Christ (literally?).

Anyway I had last week off and I have this week off too. Went to New York last week and getting help with Maths all this week.

It wasn't much of a vacation but I went to Arras (france) for 3 days and it was extremely boring and dull.

Back
Top Bottom