• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

favorite fruits you guys

I just... eat them? As in, I wash them and, if applicable, peel off the skin or leaves, then eat them. I peel my mangos, too. For kiwis and papayas (and dragonfruits, although I've only had a whole one twice before), I cut them in half and scoop the meat out with a spoon.

I sometimes stick frozen fruit into a blender with milk and make smoothies out of them. Delicious.

Ah, and because I've had a massive open bite for most of my life, I tend to slice and peel my fruit. I can't eat ones like apples and pears whole. D: I like smoothies and juice, and I'll nom on lemon slices set out for tea. x3 I used to suck lime halves when I was little because I loved how sour they were. I kind of grew out of doing so, though.

If I'm too lazy to make a sandwich, I'll just coat a banana with peanut butter and eat it like that. :P

...Do people who like bananas prefer to eat them when they're sweet and ripe, or when they're less ripe and far less mushy? I can't stand eating them when they're fully yellow and soft. :/

I prefer bananas to be ripe-ish, but not extremely yellow.

...Extremely yellow... that's a new one. Anyway. I find the greener ones less appealing, but will eat them anyway.

I love all fruits. EXCEPT plums and grapefruit and pomegranates.
>:O

get out

I don't like kiwi fruit because they make my mouth feel funny :/ they taste good, but something about them makes my mouth feel itchy and painful. I also hate gooseberries because they taste like poison. :c

Ok, so I talked to a friend at school today who said he'd had dragonfruit. Good news: he said it tasted awesome. Bad news: He said it was very hard to get. ("Insanely hard" were his exact words.) He also said it resembled a pomegraneate, in shape and the way the fruit is.

I don't like kiwi fruit because they make my mouth feel funny :/ they taste good, but something about them makes my mouth feel itchy and painful.

Perhaps it's the skin? if not, you might be allergic to them, or not like the seeds. I think kiwis taste like a mix between a lime and a pineapple.

Perhaps it's the skin? if not, you might be allergic to them, or not like the seeds.

I think it's the seeds, because I eat them without the skin. :c

I don't like kiwi fruit because they make my mouth feel funny :/ they taste good, but something about them makes my mouth feel itchy and painful.

I had the exact same experience when I was little. It just felt all tingly but it actually hurt a lot for me. They scared me into staying away from kiwis for years (I do rather like them now, though). At the time, though, I attributed the tingly/painful feel to the kiwi's sourness and cuts all over my mouth, as I had eaten quite a bit of dry cereal before the kiwi.

Kiwis make my mouth feel funny too!

Mangos. I can't believe only a few people said mangos (mangoes?). Sadly they are now out of season :( Most fruits make me feel sick, but I love mangos!

Watermelon and mango are my favorite fruits, and since everyone's talking about kiwi, I usually eat them in slices almost whole, since the seeds in them get really crunchy and annoying after a while. :P For some reason, I eat blackberries like that too...

Back
Top Bottom