• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Favorite Video Games Quotes

Post your favorite quotes from video games here.

I made this thread because I now have Star Fox 64 3D, and it's full of nostalgic quotes.

They changed some quotes that I liked on the N64, though.

"Hey, Einstein! I'm on your side!"
became
"Hey, genius! I'm on your side!"

But my favorite quote from the game is stil...
"DO A BARREL ROLL!"

Portal is pretty full of fun quotes, like
"Remember when he platform was sliding into the fire pit, and I said "Goodbye" and you were all "NO WAY" and then i was all, "we pretended to murder you"? That was great!"

"Hey, Einstein! I'm on your side!"
became
"Hey, genius! I'm on your side!"

Makes sense, considering they probably don't have an Einstein on their planet.
And even if they did he be called Albert Humany or something like that.

And just to get it out of the way
"I like shorts, they comfy and easy to wear!"

"Everyone deals with grief differently, right? Some people fuck at funerals; I cut off heads."

"I shall return! Remember that! For yours is the first head I shall seek!"

"Mullenkamp is a pack of rogues hiding behind a priest's frock!"

"If only you had lived an honest life, you wouldn't have died in obscurity."

"All of this killing in front of a children"

"Gotcha!"

"ROCKET Lawnchair!"

think that's all i can really think of for now. too lazy to put where the quotes came from, i might edit them in later but for now, you can guess what they're from

"What town do you come from?
>Yes
>No" -Pokemon Emerald

"All of this killing in front of a children!" - Gensou Suikoden I

"All your base are belong to us"-CATS

"I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!"(We all know this one. xD)

"What's your favorite flower son? Mine's chocolate!" -Doc, Punch-Out

"Youngster? Goodness, how rude. Call me Shorts Boy!" -Some Youngster from HG/SS

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a fish a man, and he'll eat for weeks." -Animal Crossing

1.8 k posts! WOO!

"I need scissors. 61"
-Roy Campbell, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

"What? You fear barbarians will swoop down upon you?"
"Yes! Swooping is bad..."
-Morrigan and Alistair, Dragon Age: Origins

"So, have you ever licked a lamp post in winter?"
-Alistair, Dragon Age: Origins

""Dear Varric, please learn to parry. Love, your innards."
-Varric after being knocked out, Dragon Age 2

Alistair: Don't you ever talk? You know, make polite conversation just to put people at ease?
Sten: You mean that I should remark upon the weather before I cut off a man's head?
Alistair: Nevermind.
-Dragon Age: Origins

Mira: It looks like you are trying to restore this facility. Would you like some help?
Commander Shepard: Oh crap, a pop-up.
-Mass Effect

Harkin: Secrets are like herpes: If you got 'em, might as well spread 'em around.
-Mass Effect

This one is funny as all hell

Gunnery Chief: [as the character enters the Citadel] This, recruits, is a 20-kilo ferris slug, feel the weight. Every five seconds, the main gun of an everest class dreadnought accelerates one to 1.3% of light-speed. It impacts with the force of a 38-kiloton bomb. That is three times the yield of the city-buster dropped on Hiroshima back on Earth. That means- Sir Issac Newton is the deadliest son-of-a-bitch in space. Now! Serviceman Burnside! What is Newton's first law?
Serviceman Burnside: Sir! An object in motion stays in motion, sir!
Gunnery Chief: No credit for partial answers, maggot!
Serviceman Burnside: Sir! Unless acted on by an outside force, sir!
Gunnery Chief: Damn straight! I dare to assume you ignorant jackasses know that space is empty. Once you fire this hunk of metal, it keeps going til it hits something. That can be a ship. Or the planet behind that ship. It might go off into deep space and hit somebody else in ten thousand years. If you pull the trigger on this, you are ruining someones day, somewhere and sometime. That is why you check your targets. That is why you wait for the computer to give you a damn firing solution. That is why, Serviceman Chung, we do not "eyeball it". This is a weapon of mass destruction. You are not a cowboy shooting from the hip!
Serviceman Chung: Sir, yes sir!
-Mass Effect 2

I AM BOOLETPROOOOOOOOOOF.
-The Heavy on a good day.

Can it wait a minute? I'm in the middle of some calibrations.
-Garrus using a fine example of turian euphemism.

Shepard.
-Wrex greeting Shepard in his usually happy tone.

Wrex.
-Shepard doing the same.

I can't believe this wasn't posted yet:

"FALCON...PUNCH!!!"

"Whoo...did he always smell this way? And the Fiends let him touch their food?"
- Major Dhatri in regards to Cook Cook (Fallout New Vegas)

"My fate is sealed. I have... nnnochoice." General- Mega Man X4

"I'm loosing ze BOWEL CONTROL!!!" Letz Shake- No More Heroes

"Now you're on MY time, you little skunks! Give me the crystals!" Dr N. Tropy- Crash Bandicoot: Warped.

"Henshin-a-go-go, baby!" Joe- Viewtiful Joe.

"I, Garland, will knock you all down!" Garland- Final Fantasy

This isn't really just the quote, but also the situation.
I was playing LG, and walked past a lass (I was the boy trainer, by the way.), on the way to Mt. Moon. I decided to battle her, so I went up behind her, and pressed A.
"Eek! Did you just touch me?"
I had a good laughing fit for that one.

Companion Cube: ...

Not really a quote per say, but in PMD Blue when my partner asked me if we needed more members, i said no, then i said I could fly o3o Got a few laughs out of that one.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"Those of you who volunteered to be injected with praying mantis DNA, I've got some good news and some bad news. Bad news is we're postponing those tests indefinitely. Good news is we've got a much better test for you: fighting an army of mantis men. Pick up a rifle and follow the yellow line. You'll know when the test starts."

- Both quotes are from Cave Johnson in Portal 2

"There was even going to be a party for you. A big party that all your friends were invited to. I invited your best friend, the Companion Cube. Of course, he couldn't come because you murdered him. All your other friends couldn't come, either, because you don't have any other friends because of how unlikable you are. It says so right here in your personnel file: 'Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter, unlikable loner, whose passing shall not be mourned. Shall NOT be mourned.' That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted, so that's funny, too."

"I know how humans make other humans, and frankly it's ridiculous."

"Hey, in case this pit isn't actually bottomless, do you think you could unstrap one of those Long Fall Boots of yours and shove me into it? Just remember to land on one foot."

"Okay fine, let's all act like humans. Look at me. Boy, do I love sweating. Let's eat meat and leaves and excrete them later and go shopping."

All from everyone's favorite malevolent A.I.

Shepard.
-Wrex greeting Shepard in his usually happy tone.

Wrex.
-Shepard doing the same.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5Fjc1hBwuE

And while we're sharing Portal quotes:

Well, no matter, because I'm still holding all the cards... and guess what - they're all Full Houses! Never actually played cards, meaning to learn. Anyway, new turrets, not defective. Ace of Fours! The best hand. Unbeatable, I would imagine.

THE PUPPET MASTER! You're a puppet in a play, and I hold all the strings! And cards, still. Still got the cards - got the cards in one hand, and I've got the strings in the other hand, and I'm making you dance like a puppet playing cards.

Well, good, good. Finally, a nemesis worthy of my vast intellect. Holmes versus Moriarty... Aristotle versus MASHY SPIKE PLATE!

Back
Top Bottom