• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Favourite Bands/Artists?

Some Linkin Park, Skillet and Three Days Grace for me please.

Plus the odd 30h!3 or Mindless Self Indulgence appeals to me.

Incubus, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana, Radiohead, Muse, System of a Down, and Tenacious D are some of my favorites.

For me, it's probably Led Zeppelin, with Pink Floyd and Smashing Pumpkins as close seconds. I like a lot of stuff.

Here is a list of the faves:

Alice in Chains, Black Sabbath, Disturbed, Godsmack, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Killswitch Engage, Led Zeppelin (DEFINITELY), Megadeth, Metallica, Motley Crue, Nirvana, Ozzy Osbourne, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, Rage Against the Machine, Slayer, Snapcase, Stone Temple Pilots, Story of the Year, Testament, and ZZ Top.

My musical tastes are diverse =)

I don't know.. my favourites often seem to change, really o.o
still, somewhere on the list would be david bowie, system of a down, deathstars, kaiser chiefs, less than jake, the dresden dolls, maximum the hormone.
and.. and I forget any others.
the fratellis would certainly be on there if "here we stand" hadn't been so.. average ;;

pushing it a bit.. I don't own all the albums of all of those, but hey, I love listening to them so they can go on here.

You're kidding, right?

Anyway: I suppose my list is pretty long. Mostly mainstream bands, but meh. Whatever. I like them better than most non-mainstream.

The All-American Rejects
Breaking Benjamin
Paramore
Bloc Party
Fall Out Boy
Linkin Park
Muse
Pillar
Skillet
Three Days Grace

Just a few of my very, very favorites are Muse (my favorite band, period,) The Rasmus, Coldplay, Evanescence, Linkin Park, Paramore, Yellowcard, Lacuna Coil, and Seether.
I think I love you.
Seriously though, our music choices are very similar.

Linkin Park
Three Days Grace
Skillet
30H!3
Nightwish
Fallout Boy
Pillar (Frontline is the best song)
Crush 40
Apocalyptica (especially ft.Sandra Nasic)
Mindless Self Indulgence
SR-71
All-American Rejects
Little bit of Marilyn Manson
Drowning Pool

I know what you mean by saying "mainstream" but can any of you define it to me more precisely?

Last edited:
I think I love you.
Seriously though, our music choices are very similar.

Linkin Park
Three Days Grace
Skillet
30H!3
Nightwish
Fallout Boy
Pillar (Frontline is the best song)
Crush 40
Apocalyptica (especially ft.Sandra Nasic)
Mindless Self Indulgence
SR-71
All-American Rejects
Little bit of Marilyn Manson
Drowning Pool

I know what you mean by saying "mainstream" but can any of you define it to me more precisely?

Mainstream basically just means bands that most people would know songs by. Basically a fancy word for "popular music".

I forgot Apocalyptica, but I like them too. :sunglasses:

Hey, November11... I just noticed your signature is a line from "Andy Warhol"! That song is awesome! David Bowie was my favorite artist in 3rd grade.

Seether, Incubus, 311, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Maximum the Hormone, Breaking Benjamin, Audioslave, Pop Evil, Finger Eleven, Nine Inch Nails, Juno Reactor, Nightwish, Serj Tankian, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Thousand Foot Krutch, Foo Fighters, Crossfade, Cake, Bullet for My Valentine, Sublime, and well, the list goes on. =/

I'm also trying to get into some new bands, too.

I don't know where else to post this, but it is kind of relevant. And cool.

My father is a high school literature teacher. This year he was kind of at a loss for projects, as he was assigned a new class, "English Literature." So after he did a bit of brainstorming, what's his first project going to be?

Pink Floyd's "The Wall".

Yes, it's entirely relevant to the course. It is technically English literature, after all. Mostly lyric analysis and touching on the themes of the album. But he's not going to show the movie...

everyone here go listen to some Streetlight Manifesto. go on!

My musical tastes are a bit diverse. Here's some of my favorites.

Relient K
The Classic Crime
House of Heroes
Skillet
The Beatles
Hawk Nelson
Shawn Mcdonald
Nevertheless
Coldplay
Thousand Foot Krutch
Flyleaf
Led Zeppelin
The Doobie Brothers
The Rocket Summer
Bon Jovi
Switchfoot/Fiction Family/Jon Foreman
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Nickel Creek

Most of you wouldn't know most of these, I'm sure.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom