• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions Flipnotes are art, too!

Kai Lucifer

A traveller on the winds of time
It's been a while, art forum.

There's an application for the DSi that's free to download from the shopping channel called Flipnote Studio. It lets you create flipbook-style animations, like the little books that you can open and flick the pages to make the drawings move. I personally use this program to show drawing processes, mostly of Pokemon, but occasionally I draw other stuff, too. You only get a choice of two out of three colours, but using different brushes it's easy to make different shades. Here are some examples of my Flipnotes:

Rayquaza: The first of a new generation and style of flipnotes, done as part of ArtMo. Tricky to get the yellow (White) lines on this one sharp.

Flandre Scarlet: I wanted to draw this after discovering U.N.Owen was her.

001-3.gif

Poliwrath: Quite simple, just three different shades used here.

001-4.gif

Magmar: I really enjoyed drawing this one. It uses four shades of red, and four shades of black. Probably my most complex since one I did of Mewtwo.

001-5.gif

Mewtwo #3: Done for a friend, Weavile, who's getting people to draw their favourite Pokemon on a Flipnote of his. It's tricky, using red and blue, rather than black.

001-1.gif

Suicune Gijinka: Done for a different friend, Sarah, who was rather upset at the time. Someone told her she couldn't draw, but she's only 12 and she's getting better.

001.gif

Weavile Gijinka: Done for Weavile, as I'd done Flipnotes of other friends of mine but not him. He does some really good Flipnote drawings too.

Currently, some of the Flipnotes here have links to the animation process. If anyone else has Flipnote Studio, my command search is (R, B, Right, B, B, Y, X, X). For those of you that don't, you don't need to worry about it. :D

Last edited:
Omigosh! Kai, they're so awesome! O_O It's amazing how you do these, it must take quite a while~ The way the pokemon are drawn make them look like they're in-game >w< Rayquaza is just... immense o.o

I absotively LOVE the Flandre Scarlet one x3 *is a big touhou fan*
Ah, "U.N.Owen was her"~ I know at least 5 remixes of that song; there are loads out there<3

:3 thank you~ Flipnotes take me a few hours to finish off, but I have fun doing it, so it's all good. Most of my pokemon drawings are from trading cards, because they have all of the best poses. :D

I'm glad you like it that much. I know a few remixes too.

001-6.gif

A collaberation piece I did with Xenia, a gift for Vivi. I drew the outlines, she coloured the picture.

Also, I'm now uploading the animation to deviantArt, starting with Rayquaza.

(Warning, dA link)

Christ, man, you have talent. I just- Wow. They're awesome. The fact that you do it on the DS is doubly incredible. Or is it easier? I tried it, never could, so 'grats. Just. Wow.

Phweeeee! x3
It's uber kawaii!!!
And it looks like a piccy me and oniisan would have taken together xD
Crazy, cute and fun! >w<
You're uber awesome, Kai-kun~!

Ahah, aww, thanks all of you. XD

Saith: Good to see you online again. I suppose it's a bit easier but I draw them because I want to, and I have fun doing it, rather than because it's easier.

Typh: Yeah, I think I've got a lot better too, looking back on my flipnotes from October. It's made me feel really good about myself, too. Inflated ego ahoy~

Amai: I thought that it would be, which is why I drew the picture that way. It was actually rather difficult for me to find a pose and scene that worked, but then I thought back to when you met Hood. :3

New full amimations, for Poliwrath and Magmar.

Along with Overlord Laharl.
001-7.gif

Aaahahahahahaaa

Last edited:
Whoa. These are.....Incredible. I can't draw my flipnotes half this good! The Rayquaza and Magmar were pretty awesome. Can't decide which one I like best!

Haha, thank you, steele. I try my best. c:

On a slightly unrelated note, just two more days until I recieve a Flipnote Citizen's status. Yaaay~

Some more 'notes.

The animations for Meowth and Laharl are done and up on dA.

001-11.gif

A request by Weavile, which I think came out nicely.

001-10.gif

And this, which I did in a hurry after finding out it's Bluwiikoon's birthday today.

Back
Top Bottom