• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

re negrek, agreed that this isn’t damning but i do feel worse about it than anything else at this point

pretty sure Adriane's claimed role was 99% bullshit but I don't know for sure
I mean, I wasn’t even in that game and just by Negrek’s account of it I’m already 99% sure it was bullshit. Why would Butterfree make such an OP role

I feel that Seshas' information is lacking in comparison to IndigoEmmy's, because with the latter, we got specific flavor about having two doctors, one sciencey and one magical. But then with Seshas, all he's revealed is that the mafia are "pulling strings", which seems a lot more vague in comparison? If I remember correctly, in the last game the Mysterious Informant information was more along the lines of IndigoEmmy's, where it gave something more concrete to work on. So I'm also kind of inclined to believe that maybe he's not giving us the whole thing?
Maybe IndigoEmmy was more eager to share what she knows, maybe Seshas’s informant powers are more limited, if that makes any kind of sense. For all we know, Emmy could be playing 4D chess and claiming to be a Mysterious Informant using recycled information from the last game to be seen as an obvious townie (to be clear: this is just me stating a remote yet concrete possibility. I almost fully believe that Emmy is indeed a MI vanilla townie).

baiting nightkills is a VT's ultimate goal in several communities including I'm pretty sure the one Seshas comes from

not that I think it's particularly relevant because idk if he was thinking this hard about it, my point is just that I really really strongly believe that being vague about one's role is not suspicious behavior.
i might agree if the theoretical role in question was anything other than “i have a specific piece of useful information”

reaffirming that i'm alive and returning with a few gems/things i agree with from the last LITERALLY 20 pages

The most suspicious of them all. I think this should be today's lynch.
vote: [/hide]
bykdegcob1u01.jpg

In the meantime, I'd like to start a petition to call mafia "dark garys" and non-mafia "light garys".
I would absolutely not endorse lynching Negrek or even looking much more closely at her tomorrow if VM dies smh. I'm honestly happy to just accept both claims for now
I was initially suspicious of VM, and I think failed backup would be a good claim for a mafioso, as it's low-profile and difficult to disprove. Bringing it up right away would be a sort of weird move, though, and misreading the role PM is super relatable, no particular reason to doubt that that's what happened. At this point I'm just curious to see how what info VM comes back with tomorrow, if he survives. I think IndigoEmmy is very likely to be innocent. Would love to hear more from people who haven't posted much yet.
for one thing, i think if seshas were town and had information about something like this, they would say it outright rather than beating around the bush.
is it possible that this is just a part of the trope? i'm uncomfortable with going after seshas when, even if they haven't volunteered all of what was meant by their "intel", they've still helped analysis in a fair few ways beyond it

also last game one mysterious informant was told something that paraphrased as "someone in the mafia is genre-savvy (link to trope page about genre-savvy) so yeah there were some mysterious informant hints that seemed basically useless

Sorry for asking what’s probably a highly stupid question, but what on Earth is a VT?
sorry! it's vanilla town, i.e. someone with no powers. don't apologize, I'm trying not to use lingo but I'm so used to it that I forget sometimes.

also in the event that there are possibly mysterious informants (and that indigoemmy wasn't lying about it) ... indigoemmy also seemed somewhat forced to obscure information in a way that seemed like it wasn't entirely her choice (even if she was enjoying it, lol) which makes me less likely to suspect anything about seshas just yet

I have info that says that mafia are pulling strings behind the curtain
from which I inferred that Mafia doctoring the flavor is a possibility

I'm kinda spectating this discussion but I'd figure I'd be helpful and throw out seshas's specific claim here. To be frank, I still townread seshas. I think kyeugh is kinda reaching w this vote, and that seshas's behavior is overall more townish, even if its a different type of townish than we're used to.

also in the event that there are possibly mysterious informants (and that indigoemmy wasn't lying about it) ... indigoemmy also seemed somewhat forced to obscure information in a way that seemed like it wasn't entirely her choice (even if she was enjoying it, lol) which makes me less likely to suspect anything about seshas just yet
hmm, I think she was just doing it for fun

I'm kinda spectating this discussion but I'd figure I'd be helpful and throw out seshas's specific claim here. To be frank, I still townread seshas. I think kyeugh is kinda reaching w this vote, and that seshas's behavior is overall more townish, even if its a different type of townish than we're used to.
frankly it makes me uncomfortable/somewhat suspicious that kyeugh is this set on voting seshas out when i don't think that anyone else is doing anything but townread them right now

frankly it makes me uncomfortable/somewhat suspicious that kyeugh is this set on voting seshas out when i don't think that anyone else is doing anything but townread them right now
reminder to self, check out qva's votes on people in my meme game tomorrow and see if I should be worried about having her in my town pile

i don’t really want to get into the weeds too much on this bc this minor lean is not a hill i want to die on but by his own admission seshas has information that he has not expressed yet (“i would be more precise but”)

the vote was to put pressure on him to get him to explain himself (the day is like 1/3 over, who is voting to lynch right now?) and i thought that was kind of transparent tbh, i find it kind of odd that he is being defended like this

not removing my vote until he explains a bit since that was the point of it

that's fair! i'm not super compelled, it just seemed like a possible pattern, especially when i don't feel like seshas was being coy just to fuck with us all
also as a followup to this (might be a reach, i just really don't think seshas is anything but town atm) if seshas & indigoemmy both have mysterious informant, i don't think it would take anything more than "you can't say xyz without obscuring it somewhat" for indigoemmy to go ham with it in the way that she did, and it would make sense when seshas was being (imo?) helpful while not entirely roleclaiming or beating around the bush. i don't see being roundabout as an automatic scumflag

go to sleep. :p see y'all tomorrow!
niiiight zigzagoon

I must say, before that post I didn’t think anything of qva. Now I can’t help but suspect her of being mafia.

sorry! it's vanilla town, i.e. someone with no powers. don't apologize, I'm trying not to use lingo but I'm so used to it that I forget sometimes.
No, it’s perfectly fine! It’s me who should, as they say, lurk moar.

Back
Top Bottom