• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

other thoughts: i 100% believe that herbe/mawile are lovers, tbh, but i also am now wondering if it's the case that it could be a town-scum pair. in that case it would benefit herbe (well, both of them) to act as if mawile got realigned to town. this doesn't make the above quote make any more sense to me, but it could explain how we all feel so fine with herbe (who hasn't had to defend mawile the majority of the game) while feeling so weird about mawile
My thought: maybe they are now 3p, but their flips are retained from the pre-lovers roles.

I know that I'm the one on the line here, but would it be at all possible that your results were modified at some point? We do know that the mafia have someone pulling the strings, according to Seshas' MI information.
I have no way of knowing if the results were tampered with.

honestly i don't even think we have to rely on MI to wonder about the possibility of redirecting as i said earlier, but idk how we would test this or figure out what's happening
I feel like to test this, we would need to out another potential cop who would have had to check the same people on different days, which admittedly seems unlikely. This is also assuming that whoever would be able to tamper with results would have the ability to choose whose results to tamper each night.

My thought: maybe they are now 3p, but their flips are retained from the pre-lovers roles.
afaik lovers function dually (or trifold) as 3p, where they're pair-aligned, and then to their alignment. fsr i don't think totally pair-aligned lovers are all that common, but i don't really know. i don't know if the flip would make sense seeing as their factions would change in herbe's claim, which i'm beginning to be more suspicious of as i keep reading back

ugh idk what to do i don't want to kill off herbe but i wonder if this is a tragic lovers scenario

other thoughts: i 100% believe that herbe/mawile are lovers, tbh, but i also am now wondering if it's the case that it could be a town-scum pair. in that case it would benefit herbe (well, both of them) to act as if mawile got realigned to town. this doesn't make the above quote make any more sense to me, but it could explain how we all feel so fine with herbe (who hasn't had to defend mawile the majority of the game) while feeling so weird about mawile
this makes me wonder: if they’re town/scum, what are their win conditions? is it possible for them to both win? i feel like in a town/scum situation in which wincons are unaffected, it benefits herbe most to just come out and say that mawile is scum. so the three options are a) they’re both scum (this seems extremely unlikely to me), b) herbe is town and mawile lied to him about his alignment, or c) they somehow win together as town/scum
i guess the possibility also exists that they’re both non-lover scum but that seems far-fetched to me given it invites cop inspection which always ends poorly for them in that case

Maybe she tried to do a kill (unsure why) and she got results back that she went out of her way to avoid killing Mr Ultracool that night?
i'm guessing that that TVT quote is more closely connected with the trend of vigs committing suicide if they kill an innocent tbh

I wonder if her getting a mech clear was because of this part of the Vigilante Man trope:

Maybe she tried to do a kill (unsure why) and she got results back that she went out of her way to avoid killing Mr Ultracool that night?
Or maybe she could choose whether she’d kill or inspect in the night?

this makes me wonder: if they’re town/scum, what are their win conditions? is it possible for them to both win?
the page that i dug up (i know this game is unusual but i'm taking what i can get) says a tragic pair could win if they were the last two standing, but anything else would normally be alignment based (where the wincons are diametrically opposed)
b) herbe is town and mawile lied to him about his alignment
i think this is most likely
Didn’t Herbe claim that Butterfree told him that Mawile was not mafia? I’m leaning more to the hypothesis of Herbe being scum.
and herbe could have lied about this in an attempt to keep mawile away from suspicion tbh

btw, i know for sure there is a redirector. you’ll just have to trust me on that.
also in this case i think that, barring More Info from coming out (knock on mfing wood), we're going to have to decide who we want to gamble on between mawile and MF or decide who was more likely to be targeted by a redirector

In response to mewtini asking why people were voting already. From your post it sounded to me like you were checking out and wanted to throw in a last vote before you went, but if you had another reason,

this makes me wonder: if they’re town/scum, what are their win conditions? is it possible for them to both win? i feel like in a town/scum situation in which wincons are unaffected, it benefits herbe most to just come out and say that mawile is scum. so the three options are a) they’re both scum (this seems extremely unlikely to me), b) herbe is town and mawile lied to him about his alignment, or c) they somehow win together as town/scum
i guess the possibility also exists that they’re both non-lover scum but that seems far-fetched to me given it invites cop inspection which always ends poorly for them in that case
I've pretty much assumed that Herbe and Mawile were a scum/town pair. However, Herbe said that Mawile's alignment info was received from Butterfree, not Mawile, so it wouldn't be a case of Mawile lying to Herbe as such. I'm also assuming Herbe's lying about that.

When I've used lovers in my games in the past, it's possible to win together as town/scum, but only if you're the last two standing. So it's possible that would be why Herbe would cover for Mawile.

Lemme dig up a quote…

I wonder what was Eifie’s power trope.
It's possible that Eifie was a vigilante in addition to some other abilities, but the role trope really does sound straight vig. She was giving cop cover earlier, so I don't know that she actually did have a mech clear on Mr. Ultracool. It's also possible that something might have happened that convinced her of Mr. Ultracool's innocence that didn't involve her own power.

I've pretty much assumed that Herbe and Mawile were a scum/town pair. However, Herbe said that Mawile's alignment info was received from Butterfree, not Mawile, so it wouldn't be a case of Mawile lying to Herbe as such. I'm also assuming Herbe's lying about that.

When I've used lovers in my games in the past, it's possible to win together as town/scum, but only if you're the last two standing. So it's possible that would be why Herbe would cover for Mawile.

It's possible that Eifie was a vigilante in addition to some other abilities, but the role trope really does sound straight vig. She was giving cop cover earlier, so I don't know that she actually did have a mech clear on Mr. Ultracool. It's also possible that something might have happened that convinced her of Mr. Ultracool's innocence that didn't involve her own power.
this is p much where i’m at i think esp wrt eif

another thing to add is that it makes perfect sense imo for herbe to lie about this; at the juncture of the game where he said this (which isn't really a super malicious lie imo, but unfortunate for everyone else) it was coming up against the stryke/odie train and there was a decent amount of confusion going on (iirc?)

it is in herbe's best interest to keep every wincon scenario open for himself. i also think he has been playing like exceptionally town thus far for reasons i've said before, so at this point i'm just going to assume that he was trying to cover for mawile

(also agree w neg on eif)

If that is the case, wouldn’t the mafia off Mawile the moment he started to push the town against the mafia, though?
maybe but i don't think it has much to do with discussion as it stands now, seeing as that hasn't come to pass yet

Back
Top Bottom