• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

I wish there was a :unsure: react emoji bc thats how im feeling about the vigging otter scenario.

Unless - hear me out negrek - you think maybe there's a swapper? who interfered with your role maybe? I don't know how that's possible, entirely, but just brainstorming here

Yeah, there is, indeed, a role swapper. The identity of him ties into Eifies Mech Clear of me, because it was me! N0, I started as a BodySwapper, a role that can steal that of another player by quoting him or her and inserting the phrase "it's not you, it's me" into the reply. Thus, I gained the role that Eifie used to have before she swapped to Vigilante, allowing her to know that I am an innocent.

Also, my new role is basically a blue, as I'm a Mysterious Informant confirming the existence of an Evil Doctor. Since there was the suspicion that JackPK had been the DD, I'd think it's useless?

^ That's entirely plausible because Eifie also invoked the magic words on D2 against Keldeo, here: https://forums.dragonflycave.com/threads/forum-revival-tv-tropes-mafia-revival-d3.18577/post-675270

That means (assuming you're trustworthy) that Keldeo was the vig and is now the bodyswapper.

@Keldeo, earlier you said vig!Eifie "would absolutely shoot people regardless of her sentiment about wanting to keep folks around, because it's the #mechanicallycorrect thing to do". On the assumption that you also do #mechanicallycorrect things, if you were the vig in N0 and N1, who did you target? Or, alternatively, is this sequence of events not what actually happened?

Apologies I missed the first few hours of D3 - gotta sleep sometime. Catching up now.

My thoughts, in no particular order:
  • The headline: Either Mawile's action was redirected somehow, or (more likely, in my opinion, given how many different effects we seem to be attributing to redirectors) he's lying. It's not possible that he targetted me last night and received a result of "no movement". Right now, I think it would be unwise to explain exactly why, but as usual, I realise I'm the novice here and will do so if asked by a reasonable quorum of experienced players.
  • In case anyone doubted it, my suspicions about Keldeo have basically evaporated. As mafia, he would have had no reason whatsoever to point out the contradiction between Stryke's and Mawile's claims in real time at EOD yesterday, and Mr. Ultracool's claim above (which, like I said, checks out with everything we know so far) basically confirms it. I'm sorry Keldeo pls forgive :_(
  • I'm feeling a tad less antipathetic towards Stryke than I was yesterday. If Mawile is mafia then the contradiction about who targeted Herbe on N0 goes away, and if he was lying about being the nanotech doc, I don't see why he would falsely claim to have healed the one person who in fact died, when he could claim to have healed pretty much anyone else (VM, for example) and probably gotten away with it.
  • "Cops": do your result PMs contain the username of the person you (attempted to) target? I know this game is supposed to be unusual in many ways, but I'm extremely doubtful that Butterfree would be evil enough to outright lie to investigative roles about who they inspected. Based on this discussion, I would expect her to either repeat the target back to you (so you know if your action was redirected, and who it was redirected to), or make a habit of never repeating back the target (so you know there is always a possibility that your action was redirected).
  • Still curious about what vig!Keldeo did on N0 and N1. Or if he claims not to have been the vig at all.

Back
Top Bottom