• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

If this death is a healer clash, then there was either a bulletproof hit or the mafia's hitman was roleblocked.
Wait, I don't get it. Since you blocked Stryke, the death can't be a healer clash since there was no other healer for kokorico to clash with, unless like, Flora is the real nanobot doctor and healed Eif last night without claiming.

I guess thatd explain why Eifie kept asking for someone to vig Otter on D2 instead of just doing it herself, if she was really a vig (she was, right? the swapping thing has made it even harder to keep track of who has what)

I can also be quite sure that ILS did not perform any actions Night Zero and that Kyeugh did not do anything Night One.
can confirm this. rnp is the person who i thought was redirector, but it seems i misinterpreted the information. i was indeed targeted by him night one, though. i can post the name of his power trope for confirmation if need be, though hopefully that isn't necessary.

aiui, Eifie's ability was Mysterious Informant -(D1 swap)-> Body Snatcher -(D2 swap)-> Non-Action Guy -(activation)-> Vigilante Man.

...I also just put the pieces together on why Eifie was insisting that Jack must have been a half-mafia doc, given her original MI info, haha.

@kokorico were you What Kind Of Lame Power Is Heart and ~destined for greatness~ too? Haha.

I had What Kind of Lame Power is Heart, Anyway?, but I didn't have the words "destined for greatness" in my PM, no. I actually had no indication I was likely to acquire a role midgame. Until last night, I assumed I was just a VT.

If Stryke didn't heal Eifie, then that explains why the flavour seemed the same as the previous two deaths (which presumably were mafia kills). But in that case I have no explanation for why my heal on Eifie didn't protect her.

I had What Kind of Lame Power is Heart, Anyway?, but I didn't have the words "destined for greatness" in my PM, no. I actually had no indication I was likely to acquire a role midgame. Until last night, I assumed I was just a VT.
Cool! I've been completely making up the destined for greatness / knowing that my ability would change part - it makes me feel better that you didn't just copy what I was saying.

Mmm, uh... is there any indication that your heal might not work? Maybe it's some sort of fake role and so was Vigilante Man, which would explain the lack of Eifie's kill either??

Are we so sure that there are multiple types of doctors? I admit that I was biding my time until something interesting I could talk about came up, and not really reading much of the thread, but from my ISOs and searching specifically for the words "nanobot" "white mage" and "doctor", I'm not fully convinced we're not on a wild goose chase.

Are we so sure that there are multiple types of doctors? I admit that I was biding my time until something interesting I could talk about came up, and not really reading much of the thread, but from my ISOs and searching specifically for the words "nanobot" "white mage" and "doctor", I'm not fully convinced we're not on a wild goose chase.
IndigoEmmy has an Mysterious Informant role stating that there's two doctors, one sciency and one magic and that they hate each other or something along those lines.

Well, IM brought up the nanobots vs magic doctors conflict first (sometime around post 262), then ILS confirmed that he was a magic doctor right before he died and flipped town somewhere in the early 70's if that helps.

I'll roll with it for now, but I'm keeping that and the fact that there could be both an Innocent and Mafia Mysterious Informant in the back of my mind.

So.

What would be important is if we knew how many third-party roles there were/are. Jack's flavor reads to me like some sort of third-party role who died before he got a chance to do anything, hence the Indignation. Perhaps some sort of Serial Killer or something.

I don't know how to read Boq's death. Either some sort of role who was able to, I don't know, help someone with his dying breath, or, again, a third party who achieved a wincon.

Eifie reads like a vigilante death.

I'm sure you've all come to these conclusions already, but I'm stating my thoughts

Back
Top Bottom