• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

not much to say beyond that right now, i think, that hasn't already been said. i've probably said this an irritating number of times but it still bugs me that RNP chose stryke to roleblock lol, like, vendetta or not, it seems decidedly ... nontown to go after a doctorclaim, even if one were skeptical of the claimant? and as i think koko said earlier the assumptions we'd been making about a roleblocker or hyporedirector were ones that presumed they were red roles, so maybe i'm just a bit locked into that paranoia mindset too
Or maybe he’s just pulling our leg. Fits right in with this quote.
so then the theories are that RNP himself got redirected, somehow (which assumes that he's town, that a (red) redirector exists, and that the redirector would even target him) and he roleblocked someone else, leading the healer clash to occur anyway?
In that scenario, wouldn’t it be less unlikely that the mafia has a deflector who’d instead target kokorico for some reason?

I knew. It was on purpose.
i wasn't doubting purposefulness, it's more that it doesn't make sense to me given the rationale that's been said so far ... not trying to be obtuse. i just don't get it

Or maybe he’s just pulling our leg. Fits right in with this quote.
yeah. sorry. i feel like i sound like i'm trying to pile on, i'm just very genuinely ?_? about this
also just to clarify - i believe that he's roleblocker (largely because kyeugh confirmed), my questioning had to do with "was that actually his target"

In that scenario, wouldn’t it be less unlikely that the mafia has a deflector who’d instead target kokorico for some reason?
what do you mean? as in they'd redirect all actions that targeted koko? we haven't heard of any like that yet, afaik

oh. this just clicked with me, but when vm targetted me last night, i received information that he targetted me with nanomachines, not magic. i don’t know what this means tbh—it precludes healer clash for one thing regardless of blockage, i guess, and also suggests the presence of a redirector or SOMETHING, unless someone is lying. i can’t really work out the mechanics or implications of this. hmmmm.

oh. this just clicked with me, but when vm targetted me last night, i received information that he targetted me with nanomachines, not magic. i don’t know what this means tbh—it precludes healer clash for one thing regardless of blockage, i guess, and also suggests the presence of a redirector or SOMETHING, unless someone is lying. i can’t really work out the mechanics or implications of this. hmmmm.
Could this mean that VM inherited Jack’s role, saw that it was 3p and pretended to inherit ILS’s role because it would be easy to fake being a doctor while being a slightly different type of doctor? (This scenario would only work under the assumption that either Stryke is lying about being the nanobot doctor or he has the same role as Jack instead of The Medic)

this just clicked with me, but when vm targetted me last night, i received information that he targetted me with nanomachines, not magic.
is your awareness of healertype related to role? i.e. can others who've been healed check this against healer claims so far tbh

is your awareness of healertype related to role? i.e. can others who've been healed check this against healer claims so far tbh
yes to the first question, no to the second
i’m trying to give info w/o role claiming outright but am beginning to wonder how useful that is at this point

Wait, did you receive that you were targeted with nanomachines or that VM specifically targeted you with nanomachines? Because the latter goes entirely against his claim of being the magic doctor.

Also I'm not sure how Butterfree handles action resolution but I think usually if a vig kills someone the same night they're killed, the vig's kill still happens.

Wait, did you receive that you were targeted with nanomachines or that VM specifically targeted you with nanomachines? Because the latter goes entirely against his claim of being the magic doctor.
the latter. or, well, i know vm targeted me, and i was targeted with nanomachines—perhaps there’s a role that swaps people’s powers for a night but preserves their targets? i’m not sure what the use in doing it to two doctors would be, though.

i’m trying to give info w/o role claiming outright but am beginning to wonder how useful that is at this point
no it's ok, i just wasn't picking up on things the way that rari did. ty
Could this mean that VM inherited Jack’s role, saw that it was 3p and pretended to inherit ILS’s role because it would be easy to fake being a doctor while being a slightly different type of doctor?
man. i don't get what VM's endgame would be if this were the case. also would be tragic since jack would then indeed be another non-maf loss

I'm not entirely sure if Mawile is group mafia based on some of the way he's been acting - him seeming confused by some of the mechanical situations, for instance - and if he isn't, some of the stuff I mention as interactions clearing people aren't valid. But if VM and Negrek are to be believed, Jack was likely already non-group mafia? A thought that's crossed my mind is maybe none of the mafia know each other, or few do, because if VM only inherits "not mafia" roles, that means Jack was full-blown mafia, and then it would be pretty weird for him to die on night 1.
Those seem a little more complicated than Stryke just being the town nanobot doctor, because Stryke's claim was the one that put a hole in Mawile's motion detector claim,
under this assumption it seems that the mafia is ... more fragmented than we've been thinking? which would be consistent with some of mawile's behavior (i could believe that he's not group mafia, i just doubted the alien theory) which kind of implied that he wasn't necessarily equally informed with regards to the rest of the mafia

on the other hand that seems kind of wack tbh when we've seen such #wild roles come out of town, but maybe it would explain some of the weird missteps we've seen come out of hypomafia, like the second quote here. it would also maybe mean that mafia must be wildly powerful individually for the sake of balance though? i don't know. just Rambling (especially when i don't really think, yet, that stryke is a wolf ha)

Ugh, this is so weird. From what I can tell, it means either there's something weird going on with kyeugh's results (or she's lying, but I TR her really strongly) or there was another wrinkle in the targeting last night (because if RNP is to be believed, there shouldn't have been any Nanomachine ability going off last night at all?)... or VM was lying about the role he inherited?

Like I'm struggling to think of some way that VM/Stryke's targets would have been swapped in a way that would tell kyeugh that VM targeted her (intent) but also nanomachines targeted her (actual action)

Negrek claimed ILS was White Mage before VM claimed that he inherited White Mage, so the latter is at least plausible. I guess in that instance, what, was Jack a half-mafia nanomachines Deadly Doctor like rari was saying, VM was a universal backup and so joined the mafia(?) but also claimed for no reason d1, and then Stryke's claim was fake knowing that his teammate VM wouldn't counterclaim him? I haven't really thought this idea through but I don't really get the endgame. And this still doesn't solve Eifie dying - if the nanomachines were on kyeugh, that's another reason the healer clash didn't happen.

Could this mean that VM inherited Jack’s role, saw that it was 3p and pretended to inherit ILS’s role because it would be easy to fake being a doctor while being a slightly different type of doctor? (This scenario would only work under the assumption that either Stryke is lying about being the nanobot doctor or he has the same role as Jack instead of The Medic)
I guess this works? I don't know. I wanna hear what @Vipera Magnifica and @Stryke have to say about VM apparently having targeted kyeugh with Nanomachines last night?

It's not you, it's me, not vibing at all. @mewtini do you think I should try to swap with someone else besides rari to confirm their role?

Quick thought before I'm properly caught up: didn't VM reread his role PM as saying he got his new power at the start of the following night? So it's possible he would have gotten no result the first night, freaked out and made his daypost, reread his PM and gone "oops," and then actually inherited Nanobots + a 3p wincon only starting N1?

Back
Top Bottom