• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

@Keldeo, I forget how you felt about M&F and I'm still too lazy to check mason chat, obviously. Can you remind me? Is there anything you'd like to know that would help you sort her?

I'm pretty whatever about M&F's answers to me but I also don't feel like engaging with them because I think it will just end up being a debate about how mafia should be played and I'm totally not here for that. I think there might be a more interesting dynamic to observe between M&F and someone she's suspicious of. It's kind of a weird ask, but maybe Keldeo will want to humour me. :grin:

I’ve been trying to cook up a good counterpoint to this but I kinda… can’t? The only part of this that I cannot get under to is your flimsy connection between Vipera and the genesis of ILS’s lynchtrain: no way in hell would mafia!Vipera be able to guess that a) people would take his joke seriously, b) one of those people would be ILS and c) his reaction would ultimately result in his lynching

Apart from that, yeah, you’re right…? I don’t know, I don’t get any weird vibes from VM, I genuinely think he’s just happened to have a lot of wacky shit happening to him. I don’t deny I might as well be wrong, though.
Yeah I'm not saying he had it all planned from the start but I wouldn't be surprised if he was looking to ruffle some feathers. ILS just happened to be caught in the chaos and it just snowballed from there

is there any particular reason we stopped talking about who the boq lynch might implicate
i think that was a much better line of discussion tbh
i kinda think that the three of us who were here didn't know how to talk about that lol. at least i didn't :x and i thought we'd reached consensus that he was either bodyguard (the semiweird theory that the flavor made me gravitate towards) or just a confusingish killing off of a useful town

but also tbh i was actually genuinely interested in just hearing real thoughts from stryke so i'm glad that this offshoot convo happened, it'd been bothering me a bit for a while

Yeah I'm not saying he had it all planned from the start but I wouldn't be surprised if he was looking to ruffle some feathers. ILS just happened to be caught in the chaos and it just snowballed from there
do you think he intended for his "roleclaim" to be taken seriously ... ? idk i don't really think it was even a ruffle attempt there, i just don't know if i agree with the premise of this part

do you think he intended for his "roleclaim" to be taken seriously ... ? idk i don't really think it was even a ruffle attempt there, i just don't know if i agree with the premise of this part
I mean... yeah. Obviously not the part about lynching JackPK, but the very first post he made in the thread was to roleclaim. I guess maybe it could be seen as trying to raise a valid point about how weird it is that he didn't get Jack's role even though that was supposed to be his thing, but its still very weird to me that he roleclaimed right off the bat.

Also its getting late and I still have some physics work to do, so I'm just gonna post Panini thoughts tmrw. I'll still be around to make short posts though

I mean... yeah. Obviously not the part about lynching JackPK, but the very first post he made in the thread was to roleclaim. I guess maybe it could be seen as trying to raise a valid point about how weird it is that he didn't get Jack's role even though that was supposed to be his thing, but its still very weird to me that he roleclaimed right off the bat.
oh i meant his joke claim, sorry

It’s half past one in the morning, so I’m signing off. Sleep tight y’all! :3
I will be looking forward to your thoughts regarding Panini tomorrow

VM roleclaimed in post #74, and Negrek roleclaimed in post #105.
oh wow. i totally must've flipped that. lmfao sorry for every post i'd made assuming this was the other way around

anyway i still think that vm claimed it because of a pretty ez reason lol, jack showing up as non-mafia would've confused vm who thought that he'd get any non-mafia role?

sorry if i'm coming off aggressive, i really see no reason to assume that vm has been lying at any point so far when he a) has seemed so casual when he's appeared thus far, b) made an early roleclaim for a pretty benevolent reason, i think? and c) made it a point to say he'd absorbed ILS' role, instead of just saying he got deadly doctor from jack after he'd reread his role - it doesn't seem like the logical step a red-aligned person would make, it just wasn't even necessary to say that to get credibility

then again every time i post defending anyone i imagine the mafiachat just screenshotting me and going "lmao" and then i get sad because i've defenseposted for like half the roster at this point.,

sorry if i'm coming off aggressive, i really see no reason to assume that vm has been lying at any point so far when he a) has seemed so casual when he's appeared thus far, b) made an early roleclaim for a pretty benevolent reason, i think? and c) made it a point to say he'd absorbed ILS' role, instead of just saying he got deadly doctor from jack after he'd reread his role - it doesn't seem like the logical step a red-aligned person would make, it just wasn't even necessary to say that to get credibility
I don't mind, you're just trying to defend your viewpoint, I get it. I admit VM has been pretty casual and chill thus far, so I can see how it'd be a bit of a stretch. I just don't like all the discussion that's been forming with him at the center, and its happened enough times for me to get a bit wary of what he says that ends up sparking these discussions

no that's fair! thanks for voicing your thoughts, too, especially since no one else has been really saying as much. i concede a lot of weird stuff has been happening to him, it just seems so random that it never sparked "is he making it up?" flags for me

seri is increasingly striking me as an useful inactive lynch piñata, yeah; if we drive that train in and the result we get is mafia, that's potentially be a solid source of raised eyebrows; it'd clear Eifie more solidly for one, and it'd possibly turn that strange bit of speculation into a lead

that said, I do think we can still keep discussing boq, because while the healer-dodging explains why the mob would've avoided more obvious targets, there could still be something short of random.org that made him a priority out of the low priorities

that, and also, investigating the ILS wagon for scum hopping on the opportunity; I haven't been able to get around to that task yet but you're all invited-

I'm pretty whatever about M&F's answers to me but I also don't feel like engaging with them because I think it will just end up being a debate about how mafia should be played and I'm totally not here for that.
I feel like we've ended up doing the same thing on meowfia too lmao

Just popping in to drop some thoughts off about stuff that’s been said since I left:

It’s kind of hard not to sympathise with serimachi’s plight considering I think this thread is pretty easy to get lost in. I think part of the reason the newbie vibe feels a bit stilted is like. The vagueness to being surprised at a lot of speculation when as town that’s kind of what you expect going into it because you don’t actually know anything combined with like. That big paragraph about Eifie but no one else really given a glance? Like there’s a big disconnect between coming in D1 and writing some different explanations for “why is Eifie sus” and then coming in D2 and taking the opposite, more idk approach.

It might help to hear a bit more specifically how extensive your experience is @serimachi if you don’t mind getting further into that. Have you played IRL? If not have you read games prior to this one? Others have already said the “please take a stab at the speculation thing” so I won’t beat it to death or anything but it’d definitely be great to hear any more specific thoughts and names you have too.

Honestly I’m kind of coming around on Otter’s role claim. I think by default I find “I read this wrong the first time” to be a little easy to fake. But. Going back to what I said earlier I still think the ILS/Otter split happening all the way to the end makes me feel like Otter didn’t have a lot of movement from teammates to bail her out - and if they were waiting for her to come back and claim before saving her the right way to do that is not to have her claim jester.

I actually really like (and appreciate!) what Stryke came back with for the most part. The wall esp. Felt just kinda. Good. A little bit of variation from what we’re considering thread normal but not wildly agenda-like yknow. The followup post on VM/Mist reasoning was good too (even though what I think personally wrt to VM is more in line with mewtini’s thoughts in #2095). I’m a little surprised I’m that high up so I want to know what he has to say about me too really and personally I’d also like to hear a quick bit more about the Mr. Ultracool and rari_teh reads too if you have the time.

Unsurprisingly I don’t find Mist’s (I feel weird calling you this instead of chem for some reason lol) return to thread satisfying and it makes me sad. Like voting me because Boq ended on me is so minimum leg work on night kill analysis that it might as well be unjustified. I also feel weird about acknowledging my post without really saying anything about it making some excuse about being too lazy to go somewhere else. Just feels a bit put upon and makes me personally grumpy because I’d prefer firmer words from him about how he feels about me given he’s one of the people in this game that I’m more familiar with and I’d like to think vice versa.

I second wagonanalysis in the morning might be good but just to reiterate if it is ILS/Otter both as villagers (or Otter as 3p, eitherway) there probably wouldn't be a lot of pressure for mafia to actually be on the wagon since it was sitting that way for quite some time before EOD and no one on their team would've been in immediate danger

Back
Top Bottom