• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

I guess the effect of "what the post wants us to believe, if we take him at his word" is, in this short term, diffusing the situation regarding Skylar's result on VM (although Mawile said that he wanted to make this post earlier); possibly casting doubt on or accounting for strange results from you, rari, or MF; generally spreading paranoia about night results and what is possible.

He also specifically mentioned that he couldn't tamper with lynch results and information from that, which could be WIFOMed, but I kind of doubt that any of the information we got from lynches was inaccurate, given that ILS claimed to be a magic doctor before he died and Odie was inaccurate.

I don't know that it's the closest we've gotten to understanding Seshas' MI tidbit, which is vague and could mean any number of things.
i disagree with this, but purely because i don't think anything else has touched on that piece of information whatsoever

other than that i agree, i'm just really attached to the idea of taking whatever we can get i think and the fact that some of it sounds plausible is making me question myself a lot. like the things he specifically pointed out were off-limits for him are things that we already were suspecting had to be true, like your trope turnover, but ... god, sorry, i know that's not the point

Hey @kokorico : heads or tails?

Dude do you even have to ask? Just look at my fabulous tail-feathers.

I like mewtini's interpretation of outgroup!Mawile being likely regardless of whether his roleclaim is in any way truthful. In fact, I'm starting to question whether any of the mafia know who each other are, tbh - we were already specing about JackPK being outgroup and the rest of the mafia do seem curiously uncoordinated/inoperative, like I mentioned earlier. I wonder if it might be worth re-reading over the course of the night to try to find any posts that seem like mafia trying to identify themselves to each other. (There's no urgency to solve this before EOD, right?)

Also can I just clarify briefly: "Skylar" = kyeugh?

I wonder if it might be worth re-reading over the course of the night to try to find any posts that seem like mafia trying to identify themselves to each other. (There's no urgency to solve this before EOD, right?)
of course i hit post too soon as always. this is something i was also planning on doing, honestly, though nothing really comes to mind now

on that note though. is there anything we're interesting in knowing before EoD ... ?

Mist1422 votes Mawile (#2933)
Herbe votes M&F (#2935)
rari_teh votes Mawile (#2936)
kyeugh votes Mawile (#2939)
Seshas votes M&F (#3094)
IndigoEmmy votes Mawile (#3196)
Mr. Ultracool votes Mawile (#3198)
Vipera Magnifica votes Mawile (#3212)
IndigoEmmy votes Mawile (#3225)
IndigoEmmy votes Mawile (#3247)
Mr. Ultracool votes M&F (#3260)
Ottercopter votes Mawile (#3276)
Herbe unvotes (#3299)
Mr. Ultracool votes Mawile (#3301)
kokorico votes Mawile (#3306)
Panini votes Mawile (#3307)
mewtini votes Mawile (#3325)
kokorico unvotes (#3410)
Keldeo votes Mawile (#3472)
Seshas votes Mawile (#3482)
kokorico votes Mawile (#3491)
Negrek votes Mawile (#3531)
Stryke votes Mawile (#3546)

IndigoEmmy votes Mawile (#3247)
Keldeo votes Mawile (#3472)
Mist1422 votes Mawile (#2933)
Mr. Ultracool votes Mawile (#3301)
Negrek votes Mawile (#3531)
Ottercopter votes Mawile (#3276)
Panini votes Mawile (#3307)
Seshas votes Mawile (#3482)
Stryke votes Mawile (#3546)
Vipera Magnifica votes Mawile (#3212)
kokorico votes Mawile (#3491)
kyeugh votes Mawile (#2939)
mewtini votes Mawile (#3325)
rari_teh votes Mawile (#2936)

Vote counts:
Mawile (14) (IndigoEmmy, Keldeo, Mist1422, Mr. Ultracool, Negrek, Ottercopter, Panini, Seshas, Stryke, Vipera Magnifica, kokorico, kyeugh, mewtini, rari_teh)
No vote (11) (Mawile, Herbe, Flora, M&F, JackPK, I liek Squirtles, serimachi, RedneckPhoenix, Odie_Pie, Eifie, Boquise)

on that note though. is there anything we're interesting in knowing before EoD ... ?
Answers about everything that's still confusing :V

If Rari is around, who do you (general you) think would have the most utility to swap with? I could try to confirm someone as town.

Answers about everything that's still confusing :V

If Rari is around, who do you (general you) think would have the most utility to swap with? I could try to confirm someone as town.
stryke or MF? or an inactive who we can't reliably get info/interaction reads from

Since it sounds like the mechanics of the swap are mad fucked if you swap with someone of a different alignment, perhaps someone you're pretty sure is Town and simply want to confirm?

Yeah, if the swap is actually absolute, technically the best thing to do would be to swap with someone we think is mafia, who can then out all of their partners the next day. So I assume there's a safeguard on some level that makes that non-gamebreaking.

@rari_teh are you around? Any thoughts on the best swap?

Yeah, if the swap is actually absolute, technically the best thing to do would be to swap with someone we think is mafia, who can then out all of their partners the next day. So I assume there's a safeguard on some level that makes that non-gamebreaking.
Come to think of it, this is another point in favour of the scumchat-doesn't-exist idea.

Mmmm, I think if scumchat didn't exist the game would be heavily, *heavily* skewed town. Having information about alignments is the only leg up the mafia have in normal play. Yes, maybe Butterfree could get around that to some extent by giving the mafia truly absurd powers, but I don't think we've seen good evidence for that yet.

If like twelve people die tomorrow night, though, I could be open to revising this statement. :P

Yeah, I was thinking, given a typical mafia setup, maybe the swap would just fail if we tried to swap with an in-group mafia, or something else weird would happen.

I can't think of anything that urgently needs to be resolved before EOD. There's the few mechanical loose threads of Jack's role/VM's inheritance, Rari/MF's checks, Eifie's death, and kyeugh's result, which maybe could be cleared up further by future claims, as well as just normal reads that we can keep trucking with tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom