• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

She claims to have inferred that Mawile was not mafia because she got a red on Keldeo as well and her trope flavour heavily hinted that she isn’t the sanest of cops.
yeah, i was comparing her posts with her claim, but i think it's kind of weird that she would have felt confident enough to posit that any of her reads were clear approaching EoD when there was good reason to suspect they weren't. (assuming that her claim is real)

Mawile fucked around with my results (although I believe he’s more likely to have targeted kyeugh, hence the nanobots message)
agree, just waiting for VM to post

she’s mafia and fakeclaiming a stupid easy role.
i don't have the post # on-hand right now but this is what i guessed at a while back and i think it's a large possibility

my assumption was that she was assuming she was an insane cop and trusted that (and therefore mawile’s innocence) over rari’s report. i didn’t really find it that odd tbh
ftr i wasn't super weirded out by her vote, it just seems kinda ?! since in her roleclaim she mentions that she had little confidence in her reads, because it was three reds in a row. you're right though that she was absent during EoD

i'm admittedly just going in on this one lead from rari's report (especially because it ended up being ... accurate) but i think it makes more sense if i read it from w!mf than not

ngl i forgot the game started again today and just came on here to look at whatever new posts had cropped up throughout the day. fucked up that i have to come back to this. between n*grek, my ex-wife, the tenant from hell, and general chumpfuckery, this has been a cromulent fuckcrustable of a day. tommy need drinky.
i dont want people to think i actually say this shit. it’s a copypasta ok. just for the record. ffull disclosure. my day was fine

I don't have any new information to share today but I didn't get a chance to respond to the information that kyeugh shared about me supposedly healing with nanobots, so thoughts on that incoming
So I find this very intriguing... I only have the ability to heal with magic, so I've been wondering why kyeugh would get that information, if she's telling the truth.

Really, the only two options I see are: 1. kyeugh is mafia and is lying about it, or 2. someone anti-town messed with her results to spread misinformation.

Whether it was kyeugh or someone else causing it, I guess their goal would be to make me look less trustworthy to the town, and it's a clever bit of misinformation because it plays off of the possibility that I could have inherited JackPK's role and (if my own words are to be believed) am mafia-aligned. But that doesn't really make sense, because if I hypothetically inherited Deadly Doctor and it was a mafia role and I was lying about it due to a change in alignment, that would contradict what I said at the beginning of the game when I was town-aligned (about inheriting the role of the first non-mafia player to die), and I would have no reason to lie about it then.

So maybe... the goal was to make me look third-party? I guess... that would somewhat help the mafia in just causing general chaos, but I don't really fully understand the thought process behind it. I'm struggling to think of what kind of win condition a third-party doctor would even have. I suppose Deadly Doctor sounds kinda serial killer-y, but it should be pretty clear that's not my role, given if I was, a lot more people would be dead, and kyeugh especially. It's possible that maybe whoever messed with the results didn't actually have complete control over how they were affected? It seems unlikely that Mawile was telling the truth with that last-minute claim but maybe there is some truth in it, and he told us just for the enjoyment of seeing it confuse us. If it was Mawile, maybe he just picks a target (kyeugh) and all of their results become unreliable for that night? I really don't know the mechanism behind which that information was altered, but with the number of town power roles (and especially inforoles) that have been claimed so far, I would assume the mafia have some way of distorting information to balance that out.

On the subject of Mawile, I have been thinking about something. It seems Mawile was most likely not part of the mafia in-group, and was working alone (being paired with Herbe was coincidental, and not part of Mawile's role). From what I remember of past games, these lost mafia roles would typically be told the name of one person in the mafia in-group, but not be able to communicate with them. I don't exactly know how Butterfree handles it (could someone find an example in one of the game's she's hosted?), but if that's the case, if Mawile was playing smart he'd probably want to subtly let that contact know he was on their side, to avoid getting killed by the mafia. I think we should look for any behavior that seems... odd... or anything that could be a mafia dog whistle. Maybe Mawile said something that would seem unimportant to us but would turn heads in the mafia chat. I'm not sure what kind of information Mawile would have had that could achieve such a thing, but maybe we could find something by looking at his interactions with other players? It's possible he might even have just liked/reacted to a bunch of his contact's posts in an unusual way to get their attention and hope that the other person caught on. It might not yield us any kind of useful information but it's at least something to look for

anyway that's my braindump for now

If Mawile truly wasn’t in-group, his claim might as well be legit. Maybe the mafia didn’t have a bloody clue on what Seshas’s MI piece was about, and he decided to post it in broad words so that his fellows knew what they were losing that day.

Or maybe he was in-group and his claim was a pound o’ baloney.

2. someone anti-town messed with her results to spread misinformation.
i'm currently assuming, keeping mawile's "claim" in mind, that the single piece of info edited that night was the type of heal? aside from this i agree with the wall of text i think, thanks for posting that tbh

VM do you have any thoughts on anyone/anything else?

Maybe the mafia didn’t have a bloody clue on what Seshas’s MI piece was about,
yeah this is still my thought. i know i should probably be taking mawile's claim with a grain of salt, but it just seems to have so much potential in terms of detangling things ...

Stryke acted almost exactly like this in another game where he was mafia.

The only way I'd take orders from you is if my job applications at Subway went through.

Stryke acted almost exactly like this in another game where he was mafia.
but doesn't blocking him make it impossible to even compare night action claims

can you please elaborate more on what your goal/rationale is? people are still getting mafiakilled with stryke blocked, apparently, and there are other possible targets in the game

i know i should probably be taking mawile's claim with a grain of salt, but it just seems to have so much potential in terms of detangling things ...
eh, I think that the inherent detanglement potential in any OP role can very easily lead to a path paved with didits that leads nowhere tbh

eh, I think that the inherent detanglement potential in any OP role can very easily lead to a path paved with didits that leads nowhere tbh
tbh it's that combined with the fact that i still think he's out-group

i am trying my best to not let this get in the way of other reads rn. i don't think it matters a ton just yet (as far as like, my Mental Canon of the game) but for especially weird discrepancies it does explain stuff like the VM nanobot heal, which doesn't even make sense with other roles? idrk

Talking about cop reads, I think pretty much nobody else knows who between @Keldeo and I is currently the cop, no?
...not sure if I should explain in detail because Eifie warned strongly against speculating about who the cop is, but all the sensible guesses I can think of for the bodyswapper role PM's phrasing result in one person being the cop. The two of you should probably have added some extra obfuscation yesterday (like swapping with a third person, or swapping an even number of times).

as if you're in Iceland, where the cool people are
also just noticed the wordplay here and am extremely impressed

i'm currently assuming, keeping mawile's "claim" in mind, that the single piece of info edited that night was the type of heal? aside from this i agree with the wall of text i think, thanks for posting that tbh
it wouldn't make sense unless for mawile (or whoever did it) to be editing that info specifically because they would have to know i was targeting kyeugh in the first place. so it's possible they don't have full control over what info gets edited? i don't think mawile would be telling the exact truth about how his role works.

VM do you have any thoughts on anyone/anything else?
I don't have the greatest reads on players since there's a lot of people here I don't know and all but one or two people seem genuinely townish to me

I would like to hear from M&F though because it definitely sounds like the chopping block is calling her name.

Back
Top Bottom