• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

this is nice information. if vm is telling the truth maybe jack was godfather or something? maybe he was a third party killer who was redirected on himself? i don’t really think we should lynch him since i think it’s most likely that nothing happens in that case

btw I saw people asking for screenshots of role PMs so here's mine

yRh0YIW.png

Hmm... kinda weird I didn't automatically absorb JackPK's role, since I was given the role of taking over the role and power of the first non-mafia player to die.

Maybe, just maybe JackPK isn't truly dead. I think we should lynch JackPK just to make sure.

Wait, I'm dumb, your power said non-mafia and not "town," and jack flipped not mafia. So for all intents and purposes you should have his role right? Weird things afoot but I retract my "third party" statement

Wait, I'm dumb, your power said non-mafia and not "town," and jack flipped not mafia. So for all intents and purposes you should have his role right? Weird things afoot but I retract my "third party" statement
i think this is why there's conversation about jackpk not even being dead

yeah, I'm with everyone who's surprised to see such a potentially janky game off to such an ostensibly normal start; but I assume nothing -- especially with a death that, flavoristically, sounds very third party-ish, unless we're to expect a Pstandard Psychic Pstance when we do lynch a mafiosx

unless we're maybe dealing with a set of Psycho Rangers and one of them is an Evil Genius I guess? that, or a Gratuitous Ninja really did carry out this night's attack, at the behest of Chandler's Law. or maybe an Almighty Janitor swooped in and wiped out the clues, although it'd be strange for us to be getting an alignment flip still...

unless, UNLESS. the lack of any indications of death is meant to validate VM's supposition that Jack isn't really dead. but it'd be tough to verify such a thing, even if we do follow along with the lynching plan.

eh, nonetheless, it'd be marginally more productive than abstaining, so I'll keep my chips on JackPK for now

(also, if reading all the messages up to here wasn't bad enough for others, have fun with all those life-draining links-)

I kinda think Jack just has powers that activate once he dies like Claire did in the previous TV Tropes game and it's an exception or something to VM's claimed powers

or maybe an Almighty Janitor swooped in and wiped out the clues, although it'd be strange for us to be getting an alignment flip still...

unless, UNLESS. the lack of any indications of death is meant to validate VM's supposition that Jack isn't really dead. but it'd be tough to verify such a thing, even if we do follow along with the lynching plan.
incidentally, since I sort of lost my train of thought back there, I'm specifically theorizing these two things in tandem -- that Jack would've flipped something more ostensibly janky if not for the invervention of a janitor, or perhaps that the appearance of there being a death at all is the trick (although it'd be a pretty unusual trick if it's not to be foiled immediately by Jack just up and posting something today). all of this is far out there, I know, but this ain't a normal game, probably

incidentally, since I sort of lost my train of thought back there, I'm specifically theorizing these two things in tandem -- that Jack would've flipped something more ostensibly janky if not for the invervention of a janitor, or perhaps that the appearance of there being a death at all is the trick (although it'd be a pretty unusual trick if it's not to be foiled immediately by Jack just up and posting something today). all of this is far out there, I know, but this ain't a normal game, probably
do you think it’s plausible that a janitor might nullify any powers/actions related to their target? aside from the mafia nightkill ofc

i do find it kind of unlikely that a limited-shot janitor would spend a charge n0

hm yeah that kinda tracks. can you tell me more about what happened with claire

no I'm gone

it was something like, I think she died and flipped town? she died with a big smile on her face or a triumphant expression or something. and then once she was dead she became the feared Trope Killer! she was... idk if mafia or an independent, but she could kill people by writing down their tropes. similar to anti-claim if you're familiar with that. I think she had one kill per night and could stack them

bfeee couldn't reuse that role and the flavour for Jack's death is different but it feels like it could be something close to that?

ah, a name killer, huh

but yeah, that would track; come to think of it, there's bunches of powers that don't transfer to backup, and that goes double for post-death powers. at least, that's a good deal more plausible than what I was getting at anyway

hmmm, I wonder if I should spitball some other kinds of roles that tend not to transfer to backup... but man, it's been too long since last I did any mafia

Back
Top Bottom