• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

If the janitor gets info on the killed person's role (which it would be kind of dumb otherwise), then N0 is the perfect time to kill someone and obscure their claim
it's certainly better than killing someone who already claimed on a previous day
huh i’ve never seen a janitor that receives information about their target’s role but a quick google confirms it’s a thing if that was indeed the case here then what you’re saying def tracks tbh

side note i don’t think negrek would claim to receive information on every dead player if they were indeed relying on information from x-shot janitor powers as their lie would be exposed as soon as they ran out of charges

ignore me I'm dumb I thought full roleflips or alignment flips were a thing
given flips are just mafia or not mafia, there's no reason for a janitor to exist, except for maybe a flavor janitor
which would be kind of underpowered probably

Deadly Doctor sounds to me the like doctor role that has a 50% chance of being a kill instead of a heal, or the role that only heals the target if they're actually attacked, and otherwise it kills them
admittedly i don’t really know jack’s meta but if either of these are true i can’t imagine why he would use his power n0 unless he was required to

Non-mechanically, I generally like, uhhh... most people's tone. kyeugh in particular, I guess, especially the "wait, don't go!" to Eifie. kyeugh/Seshas/Herbe/MF felt kinda legit in trying to figure out the mechanical thing. Eifie's early game memeing and repeated "going to bed for real, wait just one more thing" seemed pretty earnest, and it's really early but it matches what I know of her town game better than how I think she'd be playing this as mafia, so that's probably my strongest lean right now. Anyone else have thoughts on people outside of the mechanics?

Mechanically, not entirely sure what to make of the claims... There's something weird going on for sure. (cue Mock Surprise Reaction)

I think the possibilities are:
(1) Jack "died" for the purposes of Negrek's power, but not for the purposes of VM's power, for some reason
(2) Jack died, but he is not actually "not mafia", he just revealed that way for some reason (but I don't know why he'd die if he was mafia... the mafia shot was blocked, and there's some town killing role out there, too? Some sort of conversion?)
(3) Jack died and is not mafia, but his power can't be taken by VM's power - VM, can you ask if there are any exceptions?
(4) Someone is lying :eek:

Option (3) with Jack having some post-death role (maybe he's a literal death doctor who can only doctor people from the grave?!) seems like the likeliest to me right now given what Eifie said about Claire's role last time.

Unvote Eifie, vote Mr. Ultracool - hi, how's it going! Any thoughts on the game so far?

(As an aside: On the one other Xenforo forum I've played mafia, they only have a "like" react and it's banned in mafia games! It's been so fun to just heart people's posts.)

Personally, I'm wondering if VM has some precise wording or other conditions in his role PM that he didn't bring up, because it's weird to supposedly have a power that gives you the power of the first non-mafia person to die and then not get that power.

Based on how bizarre the last instance of this game was, though, I honestly wouldn't rule out Jack having some kind of ability only usable when he dies. Although, then again,

NO I HIT POST INSTEAD OF TYPING MORE

Although, then again, in reading the Deadly Doctor tvtropes page, I'm not sure how well a post-death ability would fit that. There's probably more suitable tropes to have in place of Deadly Doctor, if he were to have an ability he can use after he dies.

its 2 am in my timezone, my thinky brain is gone and i can barely parse the english language, im just gonna unvote for now before i fall asleep.
im sure i will have Thoughts and Such tomorrow haha

especially the "wait, don't go!" to Eifie.
we just all love eif tbh. <3

Personally, I'm wondering if VM has some precise wording or other conditions in his role PM that he didn't bring up, because it's weird to supposedly have a power that gives you the power of the first non-mafia person to die and then not get that power.
if it's specifically the first non-mafia person (and we take what's been said so far at face value) then i wonder if this power is even useful after this - or if it allows for the first-non-suppressed circumstance, or something? otherwise vm literally just lost his power lol ... or it was a fake non-mafia flip. idk.

Although, then again, in reading the Deadly Doctor tvtropes page, I'm not sure how well a post-death ability would fit that. There's probably more suitable tropes to have in place of Deadly Doctor, if he were to have an ability he can use after he dies.
not much to add here but i agree, i think post-death is stretching it a bit. also as eifie mentioned earlier the "indignant look" still seems more pertinent than we're giving it credit for, and imo it doesn't totally track if we assume there was no backfire and it wasn't something else fishy with the deadly doctor role

tl;dr it's 3am but everything is weird

Hi tbh. I have read up the game but atm i dont have much concrete thoughts. It is nice to play a role and flavour heavy game again.

hmm I actually bothered to read the flavour instead of just skimming and I think the look of indignation on Jack's face is probably important

Deadly Doctor sounds to me the like doctor role that has a 50% chance of being a kill instead of a heal, or the role that only heals the target if they're actually attacked, and otherwise it kills them

also personally I was not expecting much n0. last time with 50 people there was only 1 death and it was only interesting because a mafia died due to bodyguard (and the flavour strongly implied something like this). I wouldn't expect a lot of n0 deaths because dying before the game even starts is pretty shitty
I didn't expect this coming from you tbh

Hi everyone! I'm just butting in to give my two cents about this:

Hmm... kinda weird I didn't automatically absorb JackPK's role, since I was given the role of taking over the role and power of the first non-mafia player to die.

Perhaps we are overlooking something about the circumstances of JackPK's death and Vipera Magnifica's power didn't trigger after his death because he was not the first non-mafia player to die. In many games I played in the past, there has been an role capable of redirecting night actions onto other targets - perhaps we are dealing with one of these here and Jack PK was a member of the mafia instead of now being a member of the walking dead. As for the alignment reveal, maybe there truly is a tailor after all?

Hi Mr. Ultracool!

oh yeah, for people unfamiliar with how tcodf mafia works that we tend to have mafia-aligned roles that don't know who the mafia is and flip as non-mafia. like terorists and mafia doctors... hey. that would make sense with Jack's indignant look, wouldn't it?!

Hi Mr. Ultracool!

oh yeah, for people unfamiliar with how tcodf mafia works that we tend to have mafia-aligned roles that don't know who the mafia is and flip as non-mafia. like terorists and mafia doctors... hey. that would make sense with Jack's indignant look, wouldn't it?!

that would explain VM's ability not triggering also and make sense with what I vaguely remember from the trope page? maybe?

Back
Top Bottom