• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

It's a strange, hectic day in Troperville.

First everyone worries maybe the dead body isn't really dead at all, and proposes they should kill him again to make sure; then some people claim to have strange powers, or very strange powers, and vigorously debate whether or not they were joking.

But finally, they settle on stringing up the absent I liek Squirtles, surely responsible for the dreadful murder of the probably-hopefully-dead JackPK. As they gather at his house, he awkwardly reminds them that actually, uh, he's a doctor, no mafia connections here.

So they turn around and instead bang on the door of the house opposite. Ottercopter answers the door, is very understanding, accepts her fate, and tells them helpfully as they're putting the noose around her neck that this is great actually because being lynched by a mob is exactly what she wanted.

The mob explodes into a confused panic. People want to lynch their Italian sandwiches maybe. Somewhere in the middle of it all, they just kind of grab I liek Squirtles and drag his feebly protesting self to the gallows. Accidentally.

An investigation of his house reveals it is very cute, and also he doesn't even have a phone, much less any secret mafia contacts. As the crowd disperses, each troper is pretty sure it was somebody else that hanged him.

I liek Squirtles is dead. He was not mafia.

Please send in your night actions. The night will end on April 15th, 0:00 UTC (that's UTC, the Iceland time zone, the proper default timezone that all deadlines should be in).

Final vote counts:
I liek Squirtles (5) (Herbe, Keldeo, Mawile, Negrek, mewtini)
Ottercopter (4) (I liek Squirtles, Seshas, kyeugh, rari_teh)
(abstain) (3) (Mr. Ultracool, Ottercopter, serimachi)
Panini (2) (Boquise, Eifie)
Eifie (1) (M&F)
Keldeo (1) (Mist1422)
Odie_Pie (1) (Panini)
kyeugh (1) (RedneckPhoenix)
[JackPK] (1) (Vipera Magnifica)
No vote (6) (Flora, JackPK, Stryke, IndigoEmmy, Odie_Pie, kokorico)

Seshas votes kyeugh (#57)
Eifie votes Keldeo (#58)
Herbe votes abstain (#59)
mewtini votes abstain (#63)
Keldeo votes Eifie (#65)
Vipera Magnifica votes JackPK (#74)
Herbe votes JackPK (#77)
Mist1422 votes Keldeo (#81)
M&F votes JackPK (#88)
Seshas unvotes (#117)
Keldeo votes Mr. Ultracool (#125)
Herbe unvotes (#128)
serimachi votes abstain (#186)
Keldeo votes Boquise (#233)
rari_teh votes abstain (#254)
Mr. Ultracool votes abstain (#488)
Eifie votes Odie_Pie (#513)
Herbe votes Odie_Pie (#518)
kyeugh votes Seshas (#543)
kokorico votes Keldeo (#612)
kyeugh unvotes (#617)
Seshas votes Ottercopter (#649)
rari_teh votes Ottercopter (#680)
M&F votes Eifie (#732)
rari_teh unvotes (#781)
Eifie votes Boquise (#929)
Keldeo votes Odie_Pie (#1009)
mewtini votes I liek Squirtles (#1092)
Boquise votes I liek Squirtles (#1141)
Eifie unvotes (#1155)
Eifie votes Ottercopter (#1181)
Negrek votes RedneckPhoenix (#1186)
Herbe votes I liek Squirtles (#1211)
kyeugh votes Ottercopter (#1228)
Keldeo votes I liek Squirtles (#1254)
Mawile votes I liek Squirtles (#1256)
Negrek votes I liek Squirtles (#1258)
Keldeo votes Ottercopter (#1262)
Boquise votes Ottercopter (#1263)
rari_teh votes Ottercopter (#1275)
Panini votes Odie_Pie (#1321)
Ottercopter votes I liek Squirtles (#1353)
Eifie votes RedneckPhoenix (#1360)
kyeugh votes I liek Squirtles (#1406)
RedneckPhoenix votes rari_teh (#1407)
Keldeo votes I liek Squirtles (#1432)
RedneckPhoenix votes kyeugh (#1435)
I liek Squirtles votes Ottercopter (#1441)
kokorico unvotes (#1449)
Eifie votes Ottercopter (#1453)
Ottercopter votes abstain (#1459)
mewtini votes Ottercopter (#1463)
Boquise votes Panini (#1464)
kyeugh votes Ottercopter (#1465)
Eifie votes Panini (#1467)
mewtini votes I liek Squirtles (#1473)

Boquise votes Panini (#1464)
Eifie votes Panini (#1467)
Herbe votes I liek Squirtles (#1211)
I liek Squirtles votes Ottercopter (#1441)
Keldeo votes I liek Squirtles (#1432)
M&F votes Eifie (#732)
Mawile votes I liek Squirtles (#1256)
Mist1422 votes Keldeo (#81)
Mr. Ultracool votes None (#488)
Negrek votes I liek Squirtles (#1258)
Ottercopter votes None (#1459)
Panini votes Odie_Pie (#1321)
RedneckPhoenix votes kyeugh (#1435)
Seshas votes Ottercopter (#649)
Vipera Magnifica votes JackPK (#74)
kyeugh votes Ottercopter (#1465)
mewtini votes I liek Squirtles (#1473)
rari_teh votes Ottercopter (#1275)
serimachi votes None (#186)

Last edited:
I have now created a small Python script to help me count votes in this game (and future mafia games, hopefully). It's very simple, and ideally we want to have a mafia hack that can properly automate this, but this quick-and-dirty solution should make it easier for me to provide you with live vote counts without hastily screwing anything up. (To be clear, the actual noting down of who makes what vote in what post will still be done manually by me; you'll still be fine if you misspell the name of the player you're voting, etc., so long as I can clearly tell who you're voting for. The script just handles figuring out each player's active vote and tallying the votes.)

To put it to the test, I ran the full vote history I did yesterday through it for a proper automatically counted result, which slightly changed yesterday's tally: I'd failed to include serimachi's abstain vote in the count and active vote list, and I'd accidentally managed to list Panini as the one voting Eifie yesterday in the final vote count, rather than M&F. These have now been corrected. (Obviously, this did not change the final result of the day.)

Last edited:
When the inhabitants of Troperville gather once again in the town square, one among their number is missing again.

After a quick headcount, they realize Boquise isn't there. There is no answer when they ring his doorbell. In the end, they break into his house and find him in his bed, smiling contentedly, dead without a mark on him.

After the clusterfuckery of yesterday, sparing guilty glances at the poor Squirtles at I liek Squirtles' house who no longer have anyone to like them, the town is a little hesitant. But ultimately, these murders are an attack on all of Troperville, and they must be avenged with more murder, obviously. The noose is hastily washed with somebody's garden hose, the pitchforks are readied, and the mob is ready to go.

Boquise is dead. He was not mafia.

You have 72 hours to discuss. The day will end on April 18th, 0:00 UTC (Iceland time zone best time zone).

uh, what to make of zero marks and a smile ... another markless death??? god. what the fuck. part of me is like is this even a mafia kill? but it has to be right? ugh

i have stuff to ask/talk about that i compiled during night phase review but that'll be a bit

I mean my hypothesis aorn is that Otter's Just Mafia Here and claimed jester-like in order to sway people off her in the panic of deadline.

Boq is an interesting kill tbh that I assume is from the mafia given the similar ish death flavor to Jack? I looked over Panini last Night and noted a few wagon-related posts near EOD but it still felt kind of disengaged. It would be cool to get more game-related stuff from her toDay.

kyeugh, hmm... Too Happy To Live?

Back
Top Bottom