• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

iirc Emmy claimed D1
I think if they are Mafia then either they got the info in their rolecard (Subverted Trope) or another Mafia told them about it

If for some reason there are only 4 mafia or if the last mafia is deep or something we don't want to get jebaited and lynch the inactives for no reason
If Emmy flips Mafia and there's no kill we have the green light to get Flora
ahhh okay. makes sense.
uh. this might be a stupid question but can we talk about/verify that there's no way emmy's MI claim wasn't fabricated, given that it could have theoretically been lifted from tvt 1? did it only come before there was reason to believe that the doctor drama existed?
i don't think it's impossible, i guess... i can't be fucked looking right now but i'm pretty sure the claim pre-dated anything that would confirm or suggest the presence of opposing magic/nanotech doctors in this game, yeah. if she lifted the idea from the last game with scummy intentions at that point i believe it still would have been a Big Assumption that it would hold true in this game

anyway if we are picking between emmy and seshas here i'm gonna go seshas tbh

it still would have been a Big Assumption that it would hold true in this game
yeah i didn't remember that she claimed that early, i was wondering if it was possible that they were waiting to see if it looked like it could be the case and then had her claim it. ty

two wolves is my baseline assumption for a game of this size
as I stated, my only worry is about Panini being a mafia who appears as not mafia to cops

If we add Jack/the evil doctor and Mist to that, we'd have seven non-town roles. Mewtini, if she's telling the truth, would make that eight out of 25? I don't know where I'm going with this, just thinking.

Ugh, Flora mafia would kind of explain Mr. Ultracool's death as someone succeeding Herbe's killing abilities and not paying enough attention to the game to pick a target that contributed more or had a role worth offing more. Which brings me back to a loop of "What if Mr. Ultracool's murder was a 4D chess play to dissuade suspicion against the more attentive players?" ...And that's not really helpful either because you could go "WHAT IF 4D CHESS?!" for just about anything.

I do recall IE saying things that suggested she was skipping/forgetting details like who got mech cleared, but I'm with Kyeugh in that I don't really suspect her anyway. I still stand by my point that "nanobot and magic doctors" shouldn't be a Mafia MI hint because it doesn't benefit them at all. Whereas for the town, it could help explain or prevent healer clashes, the latter of which was a thing we definitely took the time to do.

If we add Jack/the evil doctor and Mist to that, we'd have seven non-town roles. Mewtini, if she's telling the truth, would make that eight out of 25? I don't know where I'm going with this, just thinking.
jack as mafia doctor + me/mist + herbe/mawile/mf + kokorico, yeah. i think the game having 1/3rd non-town sounds fine maybe?

Ugh, Flora mafia would kind of explain Mr. Ultracool's death
this is true but also assumes that flora is the more active mafia, or the only mafia? well ... idk how killing power inheritance would work. i'm ignoring the 4d chess play even though i'm also tempted to start big brain theorizing, but for now i'm just going to pretend that there's nothing to be found by thinking about who would kill ultracool

I still stand by my point that "nanobot and magic doctors" shouldn't be a Mafia MI hint because it doesn't benefit them at all.
yeah, i agree ... and i kinda doubt the subverted trope theory. i was totally just trying to figure out if it was likely enough that she/the mafia threw together that claim that we should treat it as a real possibility or not. seems to be a dead end though. 😔

i'm kinda trying to weigh
"emmy voting herbe" + "herbe trying to substantiate town!seshas" + "emmy is probably just town MI"
against
"seshas protecting almost-definitely-inno!seri" + "i like and trust seshas' posts" + "seshas trusts my claim uwu"

and getting myself really confused

ok in re: the first chunk of the post i thought otter was /addressing/ me and i now see that was not the case

God, I don't know if it was even worth it, but trying to think of good swaps and trying to keep the mechanics obscured was kinda stressful, heehee.

Oh. Yeah, well, now that's out in the open. Can verify. Finally, I'm free of my burdens! I'm sorry for suspecting you, Seshas.
It's fine
I think I'll pass it on to Seri today, since I don't want to screw myself over by swapping with Mafia!Flora :P

Yeah, I got the "The mafia have someone pulling the strings behind the curtain" tidbit too. I doubt we'll get answers until the game ends, but I wonder if we've managed to lynch whoever that is yet or what that meant. Seshas is cleared, I'm the informant now and Seshas is our body swapper.

Back
Top Bottom