• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

I like
would have lynched kyeugh there 100000% over mewtini
seshas i sincerely thank you for your trust in me tbh. i'm sorry i could not do more in return. i was KICKING MYSELF SO HARD for not saying something about kyeugh w my dying breath because i thought i was just being overly paranoid :|

yeah, I totally have more words to say about this and might write them up later but seriously big GGs to everyone!!!!
I for one am extremely lucky to have had the privilege of riding on kyeugh's very talented and wily coattails! The town also played a really great game and things were very close! I totally second respect for Seshas' effort and I was also really impressed with mewtini's ability to project town - I would never have guessed you were 3P up until you had said so! The vibes were super strong.

yeah right?! my emotional postgame ramble is coming to a thread near you ... very near ... maybe even this one,
incoming :) this is about to be mildly embarrassing.

so, um, i've talked about this with a few of y'all, but ... this was a really important game to me!! those who know me from past years & have seen my dramatic exits and re-entrances know that i have a really huge soft spot for these forums; when they started dying down, it made me so genuinely sad to think that i'd never get a chance to hang out with you guys again. like, not to be lame, but being a member of The Cave of Dragonflies forums was probably one of the most important parts of my childhood. haha!

seriously - for lack of a better phrase, it's just such a dream come true to get to play a game of mafia with all of these people who - regardless of whether or not we talked in 2011, '12, '15, etc - were/are a big part of who i am and who i always wondered/worried about over the years. and at the same time i got to meet so many cool new friends!

it is so pleasantly surreal that, NINE years after first meeting some of you, we're back here again just. vibing. so thanks to everyone for making this such a fun game, thank you butterfree for hosting!!!, and um ... yeah! cats (2019) wooooo!

I was also really impressed with mewtini's ability to project town - I would never have guessed you were 3P up until you had said so! The vibes were super strong.
ty! it's easy when you get scared of your 3p role and decide "so ... i'm just going to be town now" on d1!

Game thoughts:
Despite all my powervillager fantasies, kyeugh played really well, filling in the supporting-town-leader role perfectly. Panini played well, making themselves fairly obviously not in-group.

kyeugh deserves the win.

RedneckPhoenix lynch hurt, bad. The mewtini lynch was technically the game-deciding one (and I voted correctly, wheeeeeee), but by that point, kyeugh had the Emmy lynch set in stone. We were already in game-over.

M&F should always have been lynched there. Period.
As a roleblocker, RNP's choices were strange? Yes. Strange enough that Mafia wouldn't openly claim them.
I feel like RNP could have mechanically resolved if we game them another day.
M&F was outed scum.

I kicked myself all through the night for not stopping that lynch.

On a different note, I think me and otter could have cracked the game open if Vipera actually flipped mafia :P
I thought it would be too bizarre to have 3 outgroup mafia in a game, so I didn't even consider it. That's on me.
Things would have gone a lot differently if we realized Otter's failed swaps for what they were: redchecks.

That's all my thoughts for now, I might have more later

TV TROPES MAFIA: THE POSTMORTEM

The original TV Tropes Mafia was by far the largest game ever played on the forums with fifty players, which started November 16th 2010 and died in January 2011 without ever concluding, as players fell behind and failed to send in night actions. Below, you can read all of the game's role PMs as prepared before the game, as well as the file where I kept track of what happened during the game.

You are the Big Bad. Your power is Death Ray. I mean, you invented that ray; what else are you going to do with it? Every night, you may talk at will with your subordinates and then fire your Death Ray at a chosen target to attempt to kill them. Your subordinates may submit a target for the Death Ray for you, but as you are the one to wield it, if you submit a target yourself that will override all other submissions.

Your subordinates are [subordinates]. You are aligned with the mafia. You win when all the innocents are dead.

You are The Dragon. Your power is Dragon Ascendant. Every night you may talk with your fellow mafia members to discuss who to kill. Any mafia member may submit a night action, though the Big Bad's decision, if any, takes precedence. If your superior dies, you will be the one to replace him as the Big Bad.

Your superior is [Big Bad]. Your fellow subordinates are [subordinates]. You are aligned with the mafia. You win when all the innocents are dead.

You are The Starscream. Your power is Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. Every night you may talk with your fellow mafia members to discuss who to kill. However, secretly you harbor a desire to kill your superior and replace him. This can be done in two ways: first, you can rally the mob to get them lynched during the day, and second, on any night during the game, you may choose to sneak in and kill your superior before he carries out the mafia's night killing, skipping this night action. If you do manage to get them killed (note that to be considered the one who "got them lynched", you need to cast the first vote for them on that day), you will succeed him as the Big Bad.

Your superior is [Big Bad]. Your fellow subordinates are [subordinates]. You are aligned with the mafia. You win if you become Big Bad (by getting a prior Big Bad killed), subsequently ensure a mafia win and survive to the end of the game. Barring this, your foremost goal is ensuring a mafia win regardless of anything else, followed by becoming Big Bad, followed by survival to the end of the game; that is, as far as you're concerned, the possible outcomes from best to worst are:

- the mafia wins, you become Big Bad, you survive
- the mafia wins, you become Big Bad, but die sometime after that happens
- the mafia wins, but you never become Big Bad
- the mafia loses

You are a Back Alley Doctor. Your power is Magitek. You know that there are two kinds of doctor in town, one that uses magic and one that uses technology, and that anyone subjected to both kinds of healing at the same time will suffer... unfortunate consequences. Knowing this, having dabbled in both and being on the mafia's payroll, you really hold the power of life and death in your hands, don't you? Every night, you can talk with your fellow mafia members to discuss who to kill, but additionally you may pick one player and subject them to either Healing Hands or Nanomachines, depending on your choice. Anyone healed with only magic or only machines will be protected from the mafia during the night; anyone healed with both at the same time will die.

Your superior is [Big Bad]. Your fellow subordinates are [subordinates]. You are aligned with the mafia. You win when all the innocents are dead.

You are an Evil Minion. Your power is Mook Promotion. Every night you may talk with your fellow mafia members to discuss who to kill. If The Dragon dies or is promoted, you may become The Dragon in his place.

You are a Minion With An F In Evil. Your power is Mook Face Turn. Every night you may talk to your fellow mafia members to discuss who to kill, but honestly, deep down you're not into all this killing stuff. Wouldn't it be best, really, if the innocents just won after all? Not that you'd ever say this out loud; I mean, the mafia are a scary bunch.

Your superior is [Big Bad]. Your fellow subordinates are [subordinates]. You are aligned with the innocents. You win when all the mafia killing roles are dead. However, you are too afraid of the mafia to name or otherwise indicate the identity of any of your fellow mafia members in the day discussion thread. If you were to do that, the mafia would just go on a rampage, kill everyone and win the game immediately. You don't want that. All you can do is try to subtly steer the mafia in the wrong direction, in the hope that the innocents will take care of them for you.

You are a Stalker With A Crush. Your power is Exact Eavesdropping. On the first night, you can choose one person to stalk and will be told of their role. From then on, if this player dies, you will commit suicide in grief. However, at the end of every night, you will be told exactly who targeted them that night and the names of the powers they were targeted with (though not which power goes with what name, if there are multiple). You may not converse privately with your target, but at any point during the game, you may relay any message you like to them through the Game Master, in which you may or may not identify yourself, tell them of your eavesdropping results, or whatever else you would like.

You are aligned with the innocents. You win if you and your target survive to the end of the game or are at any point the only two players left alive, regardless of alignment; failing that, you would rather the innocents win than not.

[You seem to be the target of a Stalker With A Crush. Don't worry - this does not put you in danger, unless they are a very stupid stalker. They have been told of your role and will now be able to see the names and powers of everyone who targets you during the night. They may send you messages, relayed through the Game Master, at any point during the game. If you die, so will your stalker, so it is in their best interests to ensure your survival; however, if your stalker dies, you can carry on with the game as usual.]

You are an Intrepid Reporter. Your power is Amateur Sleuth. Every night, you may choose someone to investigate and will be told whether they are mafia or not mafia. Mafia-aligned roles that do not need to be killed in order for an innocent win to be achieved may be shown as not mafia, while special non-mafia roles may be shown as mafia.

You are aligned with the innocents. You win when all the mafia killing roles are dead.

You are Inspector Lestrade. Your power is Police Are Useless. Every night, you may choose someone to investigate and get an answer of "mafia" or "not mafia". That said, well, you aren't exactly Sherlock Holmes. Perhaps you should think twice about what the answers you receive actually mean, or if they even mean anything at all.

You are aligned with the innocents. You win when all the mafia killing roles are dead.

You are a Death Seeker. Your power is Thanatos Gambit. Your death will be just the beginning, if only somebody would just kill you already.

You are aligned with the innocents. You win if you are killed by the mafia and an innocent win is subsequently achieved; however, you would rather have an innocent win while remaining alive or getting killed by somebody else than let the mafia win.

You are an Eldritch Abomination. Your power is Omnicidal Maniac. If you are targeted by the mafia during the night, you will awaken from your cosmic slumber and become activated; from there, you only need a small excuse to wipe out this puny race of Earthlings who always seem to be trying to kill you.

You are a third-party alignment. You win the game if the players vote to lynch you at some point after you have been activated.

You are The Fundamentalist. Your power is Religion Of Evil. You have discovered the One True God; so what if he's a little omnicidal? All you can hope for is that your support will grant you a place in some slightly less tortuous afterlife than everybody else's.

You are aligned with the Eldritch Abomination, but do not know who it is. You win if the Eldritch Abomination wins, regardless of whether you live or die.

You are a Staff Chick. Your power is Healing Hands. Every night, you may choose to heal any player other than yourself. That player is then safe from mafia killings during the night. However, your healing magic doesn't go well with modern technology, and if some idiot has injected nanomachines into your target's bloodstream beforehand, well...

You are The Medic. Your power is Nanomachines. Every night, you may choose to heal any player other than yourself. That player is then safe from mafia killings during the night. However, that silly pseudoscientific 'healing magic' you've heard about tends to be rather disruptive of delicate technology like your awesome nanomachines, so if some silly mage should come around after you and start chanting spells or something, that could be bad.

You are Sir Swearsalot. Your power is Precision F Strike. At any point during the day, you may post "Fuck you, [username]" in one (and only one) of your posts in the game discussion thread. If you do this and are still alive by the end of the day, the player you named will die during the following night.

You are aligned with the mafia, but do not know who they are. You win if the mafia wins and you survive until the end of the game, though you prefer a mafia win with you dying to a mafia loss.

You are an Amoral Attorney. Your power is Chewbacca Defense. At any point during a day discussion, you may give a player other than yourself legal protection, making them immune to being lynched. All votes for them will be disregarded. To do this, you need to post the following message in the thread: "I am Amoral Attorney, legal counsel for [username]. All votes for them are hereby nullified." Keep in mind, however, that as this will reveal your identity and likely result in a swift death for you, so choose wisely who you protect.

You are aligned with the mafia, but do not know who they are. You win if the mafia wins and you survive until the end of the game, though you prefer a mafia win with you dying to a mafia loss.

You are a Western Terrorist. Your power is Suicide Attack. Any any point during a day discussion, you may blow yourself up along with a player of your choice, killing both of you. To do this, you need to post the following message in the thread: "Bomb [username]."

You are a Waif Prophet. Your power is The Omniscient. Every night, you may ask any yes/no question that does not directly pertain to a player's alignment and receive a truthful answer.

You are a Mysterious Informant. Your power is Expospeak. You don't do much, really - but you hang around in all sorts of places and know the talk of the town, and it just might be of use to somebody. In particular, you've heard that the Police Are Useless, but that they're remarkably consistently so.

[In particular, you've heard that language can, in fact, be surprisingly deadly, if employed with enough precision.]

[In particular, you've heard that somebody around is quite Genre Savvy and might be a bit more trope-aware than the general public. Helpful?]

[In particular, you've heard there are two kinds of doctors in town, a couple of mumbo-jumbo magic healers and a couple of sci-fi guys with some crazy Nanomachines. Supposedly the two groups don't get along.]

[Well, you haven't really noticed anything strange, but perhaps that's exactly what's so strange: you'd think there would be gang wars in such a populous town...?]

[In particular, you've heard it might be dangerous to reveal your true name in this town: there's somebody around who might use it against you...]

[In particular, you've heard whispers of a Back Alley Doctor with some shady funding. Perhaps you should think twice before indiscriminately recruiting doctors to help you.]

You are Crazy Prepared. Your power is Bulletproof Vest. You're just a normal guy going about your daily business, except you always do it wearing Kevlar, just in case. The recent surge of deaths only makes you feel more vindicated about it: there's no way the mafia will ever shoot you with this! (Okay, so it's only 50% effective, and it only works against the mafia, but who cares about statistics?)

You have a Body Double. Your power is Decoy Getaway. Your double is sure to take any fall for you - but unfortunately, you only have one double, and thanks to modern ID checks, you aren't safe from public lynchings. Better not get lynched, then. You will be notified if/when your double dies.

You are a Meta Guy. Your power is Genre Savvy. Whenever a player dies, you will be told their role trope. It is up to you what to do with that information.

You are a Swiss Messenger. Your power is Spanner In The Works. Somehow, whenever you encounter somebody, you seem to inexplicably screw up all their plans. You're starting to realize this can actually be of some use if you employ it right. The one you target during the night will have their power nullified that night and the following day.

You are a Willing Channeler. Your power is Powers Via Possession. On any night during the game, you may choose any dead player and channel them, taking up their role and power for the remainder of the game.

Before you channel someone, you have no alignment. You will always lose if you die before channeling anyone. After channeling, your alignment and win condition are the same as the dead player's.

You are a Praetorian Guard. Your power is Taking The Bullet. During the night, you may choose one player to protect. If they are attacked by the mafia during the night, you have a 50% chance of dying in their place and a 50% chance of surviving and killing the mafia member that attacked them.

You are a Non Action Guy. Your power is What Kind Of Lame Power Is Heart Anyway. You don't do anything special, but you can give moral support.

You are A God Am I. Your power is I Know Your True Name. During the night, you can kill up to three players of your choosing. The only catch is that in order to do so, you need to correctly guess their role trope and their power trope. (If their role or power has changed during the course of the game, for any reason, you need to guess their original role and power.) To make it even better, you won't even let a puny little thing such as death stop you from carrying out your killings - though then of course you won't be able to try to convince people to give up their roles anymore.

You are a third-party alignment. You win if you kill the final player in the game before a victory for any other faction has been achieved; failing that, your goal is to have killed as many people as possible during the course of the game.

Roles marked * have a nonoptional or opt-out night action. Roles marked x have an optional night action. Roles marked # have a passive property. Roles marked o have a required night action night 0 but never again. Roles marked D have a day action. Roles marked M show up as mafia when dead.

MAFIA
M* Big Bad - Grammar Nazi (formerly sreservoir [DEAD], Vixie [DEAD], Minnow [DEAD])
M The Dragon - Grammar Nazi (formerly Mawile [DEAD], Minnow [DEAD]) [ROLE CHANGED]
Mx The Starscream - Vixie (now Big Bad) [DEAD]
M Evil Minion - Grammar Nazi (now Big Bad) [ROLE CHANGED]
M Evil Minion - Minnow (now Big Bad) [ROLE CHANGED]
M* Back Alley Doctor - Tailsy [DEAD]

D Western Terrorist - Zora of Termina [DEAD]
D Sir Swearsalot - Kratos Aurion
D Amoral Attorney - blazheirio889

INNOCENT
M Minion With An F In Evil - Hyde (formerly Superbird [DEAD])
x Waif Prophet - Blastoise
* Intrepid Reporter - newt [DEAD]
* Inspector Lestrade - baiyune
* The Medic - Espeon
* The Medic - St. Christopher [DEAD]
* Staff Chick - Midnight [DEAD]
* Staff Chick - ole_schooler
* Praetorian Guard - Rai-CH (formerly Leafstorm [DEAD], Dave Strider [DEAD])
* Praetorian Guard - Lupine Volt [DEAD]
* Swiss Messenger - Meowth
* Swiss Messenger - Blazie
# Body Double - Karkat Vantas
# Body Double - Minks
# Crazy Prepared - Bloodmania [DEAD]
# Crazy Prepared - Blaziking the Adept
Death Seeker - Crazy Linoone
x Willing Channeler - Rai-CH (now Praetorian Guard) [ROLE CHANGED]
x Willing Channeler - Leafstorm (now Praetorian Guard) [DEAD]
x Willing Channeler - Hyde (now Minion With An F In Evil) [ROLE CHANGED]
# Meta Guy - Dannichu
#o Stalker With A Crush - Negrek [DEAD]
Mysterious Informant (A God Am I) - Kusarigamaitachi [DEAD]
Mysterious Informant (A God Am I) - ultraviolet
Mysterious Informant (Lestrade) - Teh Ebil Snorlax
Mysterious Informant (Lestrade) - Worst Username Ever
Mysterious Informant (Back Alley Doctor) - Skylark [DEAD]
Mysterious Informant (Back Alley Doctor) - Zhorken [DEAD]
Mysterious Informant (Sir Swearsalot) - Jack_the_PumpkinKing
Mysterious Informant (Staff Chick/The Medic) - Ketsu
Mysterious Informant (Meta Guy) - Mai [DEAD]
Mysterious Informant (one mafia) - Wargle
Non Action Guy - Littlestream [DEAD]
Non Action Guy - Emerald Espeon (now Manchurian Agent) [DEAD]
Non Action Guy - Seritinajii
Non Action Guy - Flower Doll
Non Action Guy - moon-panther
Non Action Guy - Flareth

THIRD PARTY
# Eldritch Abomination - Polymetric Sesquialtera
The Fundamentalist - Big Red Cherry Bomb [DEAD]
x A God Am I - Fruity Walkerloops [DEAD]

ORDER OF NIGHT ACTIONS

Game Preparation (these night actions occur with a shorter deadline on the first night, and then never again)
1) The Stalker With A Crush picks a target, and that target is notified of having a stalker.

Evening (these night actions directly affect other subsequent night actions)
1) The Willing Channelers pick a dead player to target, if any. If the channeled player has a night action, the channeler will be able to use it on the same night. If they targeted the Stalker With A Crush, they can pick a target who is now notified of having a stalker.
2) The Swiss Messengers pick a target. If the target's role appears at any subsequent point in the order of night actions, it will be nullified for the night. If their target is another Swiss Messenger, the target's role occurs as usual.
3) The Praetorian Guards pick a target to guard.

Midnight (these night actions determine the deaths of the night; if a player is put on the death queue more than once, without being removed from it in between, the chronologically first death will be what counts for the flavor text)
1) The game master creates a death queue, starting as an empty list; a Nanomachines list, starting as an empty list; and a Healing Hands list, starting as an empty list.
2) The Starscream decides whether to assassinate the Big Bad. If he does, the Big Bad is put on the death queue (dying from a stab in the back).
3) The mafia attack their chosen target, unless the Big Bad is on the death queue.
3a) If the mafia's target is guarded by a Praetorian Guard, the game master flips a coin. If heads, the Big Bad is put on the death queue (dying from a gunshot wound). If tails, the Praetorian Guard is put on the death queue (exploded).
3b) If the mafia's target is not guarded by a Praetorian Guard but is Crazy Prepared, the game master flips a coin. If heads, nothing happens. If tails, the mafia's target is put on the death queue (exploded).
3b) If the target was not guarded by a Praetorian Guard and is not Crazy Prepared, it is put on the death queue (exploded) unless it is the Eldritch Abomination, in which case it is instead activated.
4) The Medics each heal their chosen target. The target is put on the Nanomachines list. If the target is currently on the death queue, it is removed from the death queue.
5) The Back Alley Doctor heals his chosen target. The target is put on the healing list corresponding to his chosen method. If the target is currently on the death queue, it is removed from the death queue.
6) The Staff Chicks each heal their chosen target. The target is put on the Healing Hands list. If the target is currently on the death queue, it is now removed from the death queue.
7) Any players who are on both the Nanomachines list and the Healing Hands list are put on the death queue (massive internal haemorrhaging).
8) If Sir Swearsalot said "Fuck you, [username]" to a player in the previous day's discussion thread and is still alive (even if he is on the death queue), the player he named is put on the death queue (bleeding out of the ears). This is chronologically the first death.
9) If a player with a Body Double is on the death queue, the player's place on the death queue is taken by their double (an unidentified body shows up with whatever condition their death would have warranted).
10) A God Am I targets up to three people to kill. Any players whose role and power trope he correctly identifies are put on the death queue (heart attack).
11) If the Stalker With A Crush's target is currently on the death queue, the Stalker With A Crush is put on the death queue (suicide by self-hanging).

Twilight (giving information to certain players in accordance with their powers)
1) If the Eldritch Abomination has been activated, the game master sends them a PM to notify them of this.
2) The Intrepid Reporter inspects her chosen target and the game master sends her a PM specifying "mafia" if the player is a mafia killing role (i.e. the Big Bad, The Dragon, The Starscream, an Evil Minion, or the Back Alley Doctor) or an activated Eldritch Abomination, and "not mafia" otherwise.
3) Inspector Lestrade inspects his chosen target and the game master sends him a PM specifying "mafia" if the player's true alignment is not with the mafia and "not mafia" if the player's true alignment is with the mafia.
4) The Waif Prophet asks her question and receives a truthful yes/no answer.
5) The Stalker With A Crush wraps up his eavesdropping and the game master sends him a PM with the names of all powers that targeted his target during the night as well as the names of all players who targeted the target.

Dawnbreak (some cleanup and messaging work for the game master to do before the day phase starts)
1) The game master kills every player on the death queue, in order, using the buttons given next to the players' names on the player list in the game thread.
2) The game master posts a night wrap-up post detailing who died and their alignments.
3) If the Big Bad is dead, The Dragon is promoted to Big Bad, unless the Big Bad was killed by The Starscream, in which case The Starscream is promoted instead. If The Dragon is dead or has been promoted, an Evil Minion is chosen at random and is promoted to The Dragon. All mafia members receive notifications of the promotions.
4) If the Western Terrorist or Amoral Attorney was the target of a Swiss Messenger and is still alive, the game master sends them a PM notifying them that their roles are disabled during the following day discussion.
5) If somebody's Body Double is dead, that player is notified of this.
6) The game master PMs the Meta Guy with the name of the role of each person who died during the night.

DAY PROCESS

1) If the Western Terrorist bombs somebody, kill him and then his target.
2) Once the deadline passes, if the player voted for lynching is the Eldritch Abomination and has been activated, the Eldritch Abomination wins the game immediately, along with The Fundamentalist.
3) The player voted for lynching is killed.
4) If the Stalker With A Crush's target is dead, the Stalker With A Crush is killed.
5) The game master posts a day wrap-up post detailing who died and their alignments.
6) The game master PMs the Meta Guy with the name of the role of each person who died during this day.
7) If the Big Bad is dead, The Dragon is promoted to Big Bad, unless the Big Bad was lynched with the first vote cast by The Starscream, in which case The Starscream is promoted instead. If The Dragon is dead or has been promoted, an Evil Minion is chosen at random and is promoted to The Dragon. All mafia members receive notifications of the promotions.

GAME LOG

NIGHT 0
-------
GAME PREPARATION
Negrek (Stalker With A Crush) stalks Midnight (Staff Chick). Midnight is notified.

EVENING
Blazie (Swiss Messenger) blocks Mai (Mysterious Informant).
Meowth (Swiss Messenger) blocks Blastoise (Waif Prophet).
Lupine Volt (Praetorian Guard) guards Kratos Aurion (Sir Swearsalot).
Dave Strider (Praetorian Guard) guards Kratos Aurion (Sir Swearsalot).

MIDNIGHT
sreservoir (Big Bad) attacks Kratos Aurion (Sir Swearsalot).
- Kratos Aurion is guarded by Lupine Volt and Dave Strider (Praetorian Guards). Lupine Volt successfully counterattacks. sreservoir is on the death queue.
Espeon (The Medic) heals Kratos Aurion (Sir Swearsalot). Kratos Aurion is on the Nanomachines list.
ole_schooler (Staff Chick) heals moon-panther (Non Action Guy). moon-panther is on the Healing Hands list.
Midnight (Staff Chick) heals Vixie (The Starscream). Vixie is on the Healing Hands list.

TWILIGHT
newt (Intrepid Reporter) inspects Midnight (Staff Chick). Not mafia.
baiyune (Inspector Lestrade) inspects Kusarigamaitachi (Mysterious Informant). Mafia.
Blastoise (Waif Prophet) asks, "Is there a character that could, by some stretch of the imagination at least, be considered an 'alien'?". Yes.
Negrek (Stalker With A Crush) eavesdrops on Midnight (Staff Chick). Powers: Amateur Sleuth; players: newt.

DAWNBREAK
sreservoir (Big Bad) is dead. Mafia.
Mawile (The Dragon) is promoted to Big Bad.
Minnow (Evil Minion) is promoted to The Dragon.
Dannichu (Meta Guy) genre-analyzes sreservoir (Big Bad).

DAY 1
-----
Grammar Nazi (Evil Minion) votes to abstain.
Blastoise (Waif Prophet) votes for Superbird (Minion With An F In Evil) [OVERRIDDEN].
Ketsu (Mysterious Informant) votes for Superbird (Minion With An F In Evil).
Wargle (Mysterious Informant) votes for Superbird (Minion With An F In Evil).
Leafstorm (Willing Channeler) votes to abstain [OVERRIDDEN].
Tailsy (Back Alley Doctor) votes to abstain.
Blaziking the Adept (Crazy Prepared) votes to abstain.
Blastoise (Waif Prophet) votes to abstain.
Hyde (Willing Channeler) votes to abstain.
Kratos Aurion (Sir Swearsalot) votes to abstain [OVERRIDDEN].
Dannichu (Meta Guy) votes to abstain.
ole_schooler (Staff Chick) votes for Superbird (Minion With An F In Evil).
Rai-CH (Willing Channeler) votes to abstain.
Blazie (Swiss Messenger) votes to abstain.
Minnow (The Dragon) votes to abstain.
Crazy Linoone (Death Seeker) votes to abstain.
Fruity Walkerloops (A God Am I) votes for Minnow (The Dragon).
Superbird (Minion With An F In Evil) votes for Minnow (The Dragon) [OVERRIDDEN].
Emerald Espeon (Non Action Guy) votes to abstain.
Karkat Vantas (Body Double) votes for Superbird (Minion With An F In Evil) [OVERRIDDEN].
Flareth (Non Action Guy) votes for Superbird (Minion With An F In Evil).
Midnight (Staff Chick) votes for Superbird (Minion With An F In Evil).
Dave Strider (Praetorian Guard) votes for Superbird (Minion With An F In Evil) [OVERRIDDEN].
Mai (Mysterious Informant) votes to abstain.
Superbird (Minion With An F In Evil) votes for Superbird (Minion With An F In Evil).
baiyune (Inspector Lestrade) votes to abstain.
ultraviolet (Mysterious Informant) votes to abstain.
Karkat Vantas (Body Double) votes for Minnow (The Dragon).
Leafstorm (Willing Channeler) votes for Minnow (The Dragon).
Littlestream (Non Action Guy) votes to abstain.
Dave Strider (Praetorian Guard) votes for Minnow (The Dragon).
Kratos Aurion (Sir Swearsalot) votes for Minnow (The Dragon).
Jack_the_PumpkinKing (Mysterious Informant) votes for Minnow (The Dragon).
Negrek (Stalker With A Crush) votes for Bloodmania (Crazy Prepared).
Zhorken (Mysterious Informant) votes for Superbird (Minion With An F In Evil).

FINAL TALLY: 15 abstain, 7 Superbird (Minion With An F In Evil), 6 Minnow (The Dragon), 1 Bloodmania (Crazy Prepared).

The villagers abstain.

NIGHT 1
-------
EVENING
Meowth (Swiss Messenger) blocks Grammar Nazi (Evil Minion).
Lupine Volt (Praetorian Guard) guards Tailsy (Back Alley Doctor).
Dave Strider (Praetorian Guard) guards Negrek (Stalker With A Crush).

MIDNIGHT
Mawile (Big Bad) attacks Dave Strider (Praetorian Guard). Dave Strider is on the death queue.
Espeon (The Medic) heals Mawile (Big Bad) [RANDOMIZED]. Mawile is on the Nanomachines list.
St. Christopher (The Medic) heals Kusarigamaitachi (Mysterious Informant) [RANDOMIZED]. Kusarigamaitachi is on the Nanomachines list.
Tailsy (Back Alley Doctor) heals Negrek (Stalker With A Crush) with Nanomachines. Negrek is on the Nanomachines list.
Midnight (Staff Chick) heals Superbird (Minion With An F In Evil). Superbird is on the Healing Hands list.
ole_schooler (Staff Chick) heals Dannichu (Meta Guy) [RANDOMIZED]. Dannichu is on the Healing Hands list.
Kratos Aurion (Sir Swearsalot) strikes Superbird (Minion With An F In Evil). Superbird is on the death queue.
Walker (A God Am I) makes three guesses:
- Superbird (Minion With An F In Evil) is a Minion With An F In Evil with the power of Help Face Turn. False.
- Tailsy (Back Alley Doctor) is a Violent Glaswegian with the power of Drunken Master. False.
- Superbird (Minion With An F In Evil) is a Minion With An F In Evil with the power of Mook Face Turn. True. Superbird is on the death queue.

TWILIGHT
newt (Intrepid Reporter) inspects Fruity Walkerloops (A God Am I). Not mafia.
baiyune (Inspector Lestrade) inspects Superbird (Minion With An F In Evil). Mafia.
Negrek (Stalker With A Crush) eavesdrops on Midnight (Staff Chick). Powers: none; players: none.

DAWNBREAK
Superbird (Minion With An F In Evil) is dead. Mafia.
Dave Strider (Praetorian Guard) is dead. Not mafia.
Dannichu (Meta Guy) genre-analyzes Superbird (Minion With An F In Evil) and Dave Strider (Praetorian Guard).

DAY 2
-----
Vixie (The Starscream) votes for Mawile (Big Bad) [OVERRIDDEN].
Kusarigamaitachi (Mysterious Informant) votes for Mawile (Big Bad).
Hyde (Willing Channeler) votes for Mawile (Big Bad) [OVERRIDDEN].
Hyde (Willing Channeler) votes to abstain [OVERRIDDEN].
ultraviolet (Mysterious Informant) votes to abstain [OVERRIDDEN].
Negrek (Stalker With A Crush) votes to abstain.
Kratos Aurion (Sir Swearsalot) votes for Bloodmania (Crazy Prepared) [OVERRIDDEN].
Tailsy (Back Alley Doctor) votes for Bloodmania (Crazy Prepared) [OVERRIDDEN].
Hyde (Willing Channeler) votes for Bloodmania (Crazy Prepared) [OVERRIDDEN].
Dannichu (Meta Guy) votes for Bloodmania (Crazy Prepared) [OVERRIDDEN].
Polymetric Sesquialtera (Eldritch Abomination) votes for Bloodmania (Crazy Prepared) [OVERRIDDEN].
Fruity Walkerloops (A God Am I) votes for Bloodmania (Crazy Prepared) [OVERRIDDEN].
Crazy Linoone (Death Seeker) votes for Bloodmania (Crazy Prepared) [OVERRIDDEN].
Emerald Espeon (Non Action Guy) votes for Bloodmania (Crazy Prepared) [OVERRIDDEN].
Karkat Vantas (Body Double) votes for Bloodmania (Crazy Prepared) [OVERRIDDEN].
Rai-CH (Willing Channeler) votes for Bloodmania (Crazy Prepared) [OVERRIDDEN].
Mai (Mysterious Informant) votes for Bloodmania (Crazy Prepared) [OVERRIDDEN].

Zora of Termina (Western Terrorist) explodes on Bloodmania (Crazy Prepared).
Zora of Termina (Western Terrorist) is dead. Not mafia.
Bloodmania (Crazy Prepared) is dead. Not mafia.
Dannichu (Meta Guy) genre-analyzes Zora of Termina (Western Terrorist) and Bloodmania (Crazy Prepared).

Wargle (Mysterious Informant) votes for Minks (Body Double).
Rai-CH (Willing Channeler) votes for St. Christopher (The Medic).
Vixie (The Starscream) votes for St. Christopher (The Medic).
Crazy Linoone (Death Seeker) votes for St. Christopher (The Medic).
Tailsy (Back Alley Doctor) votes for St. Christopher (The Medic).
Hyde (Willing Channeler) votes for St. Christopher (The Medic).
Midnight (Staff Chick) votes for St. Christopher (The Medic).
Skylark (Mysterious Informant) votes for St. Christopher (The Medic).
Espeon (The Medic) votes for St. Christopher (The Medic).
ultraviolet (Mysterious Informant) votes for St. Christopher (The Medic).
Fruity Walkerloops (A God Am I) votes for St. Christopher (The Medic).
Emerald Espeon (Non Action Guy) votes for St. Christopher (The Medic).
Ketsu (Mysterious Informant) votes for St. Christopher (The Medic).
Polymetric Sesquialtera (Eldritch Abomination) votes for St. Christopher (The Medic).
Mai (Mysterious Infomrant) votes for St. Christopher (The Medic).
Jack_the_PumpkinKing (Mysterious Informant) votes for St. Christopher (The Medic).
ole_schooler (Staff Chick) votes for St. Christopher (The Medic).
Leafstorm (Willing Channeler) votes for St. Christopher (The Medic).
Teh Ebil Snorlax (Mysterious Informant) votes for St. Christopher (The Medic).
Kratos Aurion (Sir Swearsalot) votes for St. Christopher (The Medic).
Negrek (Stalker With A Crush) votes for St. Christopher (The Medic).

FINAL TALLY: 18 St. Christopher (The Medic), 2 abstain, 1 Mawile (Big Bad), 1 Minks (Body Double).

St. Christopher (The Medic) is dead. Not mafia.
Dannichu (Meta Guy) genre-analyzes St. Christopher (The Medic).

NIGHT 2
-------
EVENING
Leafstorm (Willing Channeler) channels Dave Strider (Praetorian Guard).
Hyde (Willing Channeler) channels Superbird (Minion With An F In Evil).
Meowth (Swiss Messenger) blocks baiyune (Inspector Lestrade).
Lupine Volt (Praetorian Guard) guards Fruity Walkerloops (A God Am I).
Leafstorm (Praetorian Guard) guards Negrek (Stalker With A Crush).

MIDNIGHT
Vixie (The Starscream) assassinates Mawile (Big Bad). Mawile is on the death queue.
Mawile (Big Bad) fails to attack Kratos Aurion (Sir Swearsalot).
Espeon (The Medic) heals Tailsy (Back Alley Doctor). Tailsy is on the Nanomachines list.
Tailsy (Back Alley Doctor) heals Fruity Walkerloops (A God Am I) with Nanomachines. Fruity Walkerloops is on the Nanomachines list.
ole_schooler (Staff Chick) heals Fruity Walkerloops (A God Am I). Fruity Walkerloops is on the Healing Hands list.
Midnight (Staff Chick) heals Negrek (Stalker With A Crush). Negrek is on the Healing Hands list.
Kratos Aurion (Sir Swearsalot) strikes Fruity Walkerloops (A God Am I). Fruity Walkerloops is on the death queue.
- Zhorken (Mysterious Informant) is a Mysterious Informant with the power of Expospeak. True. Zhorken is on the death queue.
- Skylark (Mysterious Informant) is a Mysterious Informant with the power of Expospeak. True. Skylark is on the death queue.
- Mai (Mysterious Informant) is a Mysterious Informant with the power of Expospeak. True. Mai is on the death queue.

TWILIGHT
Blastoise (Waif Prophet) asks, "Is there more than one healer?". Yes.
newt (Intrepid Reporter) inspects Kratos Aurion (Sir Swearsalot). Not mafia.
baiyune (Inspector Lestrade) inspects Tailsy (Back Alley Doctor). Not mafia.
Negrek (Stalker With A Crush) eavesdrops on Midnight (Staff Chick). Powers: none; players: none.

DAWNBREAK
Mawile (Big Bad) is dead. Mafia.
Fruity Walkerloops (A God Am I) is dead. Not mafia.
Zhorken (Mysterious Informant) is dead. Not mafia.
Skylark (Mysterious Informant) is dead. Not mafia.
Mai (Mysterious Informant) is dead. Not mafia.
Vixie (The Starscream) is promoted to Big Bad.
Dannichu (Meta Guy) genre-analyzes Mawile (Big Bad), Fruity Walkerloops (A God Am I), Zhorken (Mysterious Informant), Skylark (Mysterious Informant) and Mai (Mysterious Informant).

DAY 3
-----
Karkat Vantas (Body Double) votes for Littlestream (Non Action Guy).
Rai-CH (Willing Channeler) votes for Littlestream (Non Action Guy).
Tailsy (Back Alley Doctor) votes for Littlestream (Non Action Guy).
Wargle (Mysterious Informant) votes for Littlestream (Non Action Guy).
Leafstorm (Praetorian Guard) votes for Littlestream (Non Action Guy).
Ketsu (Mysterious Informant) votes for Littlestream (Non Action Guy).
Kratos Aurion (Sir Swearsalot) votes for Littlestream (Non Action Guy).
Crazy Linoone (Death Seeker) votes for Littlestream (Non Action Guy).
Hyde (Minion With An F In Evil) votes for Littlestream (Non Action Guy).
Blazie (Swiss Messenger) votes for Littlestream (Non Action Guy).
ole_schooler (Staff Chick) votes for Big Red Cherry Bomb (The Fundamentalist).
Emerald Espeon (Non Action Guy) votes for Big Red Cherry Bomb (The Fundamentalist).
Littlestream (Non Action Guy) votes for Big Red Cherry Bomb (The Fundamentalist).

FINAL TALLY: 10 Littlestream (Non Action Guy), 3 Big Red Cherry Bomb (The Fundamentalist).

Littlestream (Non Action Guy) is dead. Not mafia.
Dannichu (Meta Guy) genre-analyzes Littlestream (Non Action Guy).

NIGHT 3
-------
EVENING
Meowth (Swiss Messenger) blocks Grammar Nazi (Evil Minion) [RANDOMIZED].
Blazie (Swiss Messenger) blocks Negrek (Stalker With A Crush).
Leafstorm (Praetorian Guard) guards Blastoise (Waif Prophet).
Lupine Volt (Praetorian Guard) guards Kratos Aurion (Sir Swearsalot).

MIDNIGHT
Vixie (Big Bad) attacks Kratos Aurion (Sir Swearsalot).
- Kratos Aurion (Sir Swearsalot) is guarded by Lupine Volt (Praetorian Guard). Lupine Volt is killed in the struggle. Lupine Volt is on the death queue.
Espeon (The Medic) heals Kratos Aurion (Sir Swearsalot). Kratos Aurion is on the Nanomachines list.
ole_schooler (Staff Chick) heals Karkat Vantas (Body Double). Karkat Vantas is on the Healing Hands list.
Midnight (Staff Chick) heals Negrek (Stalker With A Crush). Negrek is on the Healing Hands list.

TWILIGHT
Blastoise (Waif Prophet) asks, "Did the Mysterious Informants die as a result of the roleclaim itself, as opposed to someone else killing them for roleclaiming?" No.
newt (Intrepid Reporter) inspects Worst Username Ever (Mysterious Informant). Not mafia.
baiyune (Inspector Lestrade) inspects Minks (Body Double). Mafia.

DAWNBREAK
Lupine Volt (Praetorian Guard) is dead. Not mafia.
Dannichu (Meta Guy) genre-analyzes Lupine Volt (Praetorian Guard).

DAY 4
-----
Kratos Aurion (Sir Swearsalot) votes for Big Red Cherry Bomb (The Fundamentalist).
Rai-CH (Willing Channeler) votes for Big Red Cherry Bomb (The Fundamentalist).
ole_schooler (Staff Chick) votes for Big Red Cherry Bomb (The Fundamentalist).
Emerald Espeon (Non Action Guy) votes for Big Red Cherry Bomb (The Fundamentalist).
Tailsy (Back Alley Doctor) votes for Big Red Cherry Bomb (The Fundamentalist).
Jack_the_PumpkinKing (Mysterious Informant) votes for Big Red Cherry Bomb (The Fundamentalist).
Karkat Vantas (Body Double) votes for Big Red Cherry Bomb (The Fundamentalist).
Blastoise (Waif Prophet) votes for Big Red Cherry Bomb (The Fundamentalist).
Espeon (The Medic) votes for Big Red Cherry Bomb (The Fundamentalist).
Seritinaji (Non Action Guy) votes for Big Red Cherry Bomb (The Fundamentalist).
Wargle (Mysterious Informant) votes for Big Red Cherry Bomb (The Fundamentalist).
Blazie (Swiss Messenger) votes for Big Red Cherry Bomb (The Fundamentalist).
baiyune (Inspector Lestrade) votes for Big Red Cherry Bomb (The Fundamentalist).

FINAL TALLY: 13 Big Red Cherry Bomb (The Fundamentalist).

Big Red Cherry Bomb is dead. Not mafia.
Dannichu (Meta Guy) genre-analyzes Big Red Cherry Bomb (The Fundamentalist).

NIGHT 4
-------
EVENING
Meowth (Swiss Messenger) blocks baiyune (Inspector Lestrade) [RANDOMIZED].
Blazie (Swiss Messenger) blocks Rai-CH (Willing Channeler).

MIDNIGHT
Vixie (Big Bad) attacks Kusarigamaitachi (Mysterious Informant). Kusarigamaitachi is on the death queue.
Espeon (The Medic) heals Tailsy (Back Alley Doctor). Tailsy is on the Nanomachines list.
Tailsy (Back Alley Doctor) heals Kratos Aurion (Sir Swearsalot) with Healing Hands. Kratos Aurion is on the Healing Hands list.
ole_schooler (Staff Chick) heals Midnight (Staff Chick). Midnight is on the Healing Hands list.
Kratos Aurion (Sir Swearsalot) strikes Tailsy (Back Alley Doctor). Tailsy is on the death queue.

TWILIGHT
newt (Intrepid Reporter) inspects Vixie (Big Bad). Mafia.
baiyune (Inspector Lestrade) inspects Vixie (Big Bad). Not mafia.
Blastoise (Waif Prophet) asks, "Is the number of mafia members (i.e. people the innocents must kill to win) about the same as the number of living innocents (i.e. non-mafia-aligned players)?" No.
Negrek (Stalker With A Crush) eavesdrops on Midnight (Staff Chick). Powers: Healing Hands; players: ole_schooler.

DAWNBREAK
Tailsy (Back Alley Doctor) is dead. Mafia.
Kusarigamaitachi (Mysterious Informant) is dead. Not mafia.
Dannichu (Meta Guy) genre-analyzes Tailsy (Back Alley Doctor) and Kusarigamaitachi (Mysterious Informant).

DAY 5
-----
newt (Intrepid Reporter) votes for Vixie (Big Bad) [OVERRIDDEN].
Karkat Vantas (Body Double) votes for Vixie (Big Bad).
Vixie (Big Bad) votes for Vixie (Big Bad) [OVERRIDDEN].
Midnight (Staff Chick) votes for Vixie (Big Bad) [OVERRIDDEN].
Dannichu (Meta Guy) votes for Vixie (Big Bad).
Vixie (Big Bad) votes for Vixie (Big Bad) [OVERRIDDEN].
newt (Intrepid Reporter) votes to abstain.
ultraviolet (Mysterious Informant) votes for Vixie (Big Bad).
ole_schooler (Staff Chick) votes for Vixie (Big Bad).
Minnow (The Dragon) votes for Vixie (Big Bad).
Crazy Linoone (Death Seeker) votes for Vixie (Big Bad).
Jack_the_PumpkinKing (Mysterious Informant) votes for Vixie (Big Bad).
Hyde (Minion With An F In Evil) votes for Vixie (Big Bad).
Midnight (Staff Chick) votes for Minnow (The Dragon).
Vixie (Big Bad) votes for Minnow (The Dragon).
Negrek (Stalker With A Crush) votes for Vixie (Big Bad).
Polymetric Sesquialtera (Eldritch Abomination) votes for Vixie (Big Bad).

FINAL TALLY: 10 Vixie (Big Bad), 2 abstain, 2 Minnow (The Dragon)

Vixie (Big Bad) is dead. Mafia.
Dannichu (Meta Guy) genre-analyzes Vixie (Big Bad).
Minnow (The Dragon) is promoted to Big Bad.
Grammar Nazi (Evil Minion) is promoted to The Dragon.

NIGHT 5
-------
EVENING
Emerald Espeon (Non Action Guy) has become a Manchurian Agent.
Blazie (Swiss Messenger) blocks ole_schooler (Staff Chick).
Meowth (Swiss Messenger) blocks Flareth (Non Action Guy) [RANDOMIZED].

MIDNIGHT
Minnow (Big Bad) attacks Kratos Aurion (Sir Swearsalot). Kratos Aurion is on the death queue.
- Kratos Aurion is no longer on the death queue.
ole_schooler (Staff Chick) heals Dannichu (Meta Guy).
- Blocked by Blazie (Swiss Messenger).
- Midnight (Staff Chick) is The Medic with the power of Healing Hands. False.
- Karkat Vantas (Body Double) is a Body Double with the power of Decoy Getaway. True. Karkat Vantas is on the death queue.
- Leafstorm (Praetorian Guard) is a Willing Channeler with the power of Powers Via Possession. True. Leafstorm is on the death queue.

TWILIGHT
newt (Intrepid Reporter) inspects Emerald Espeon (Manchurian Agent). Mafia.
baiyune (Inspector Lestrade) inspects moon-panther (Non Action Guy) [RANDOMIZED]. Mafia.

DAWNBREAK
Karkat Vantas (Body Double) is dead. Not mafia.
Leafstorm (Praetorian Guard) is dead. Not mafia.
Dannichu (Meta Guy) genre-analyzes Karkat Vantas (Body Double) and Leafstorm (Praetorian Guard).

DAY 6
-----
newt (Intrepid Reporter) votes for Emerald Espeon (Manchurian Agent).
ultraviolet (Mysterious Informant) votes for Emerald Espeon (Manchurian Agent).
Wargle (Mysterious Informant) votes for Emerald Espeon (Manchurian Agent).
Seritinaji (Non Action Guy) votes for Emerald Espeon (Manchurian Agent).
Jack_the_PumpkinKing (Mysterious Informant) votes for Emerald Espeon (Manchurian Agent).
Midnight (Staff Chick) votes for Emerald Espeon (Manchurian Agent).
Blazie (Swiss Messenger) votes for Emerald Espeon (Manchurian Agent).
Emerald Espeon (Manchurian Agent) votes for Emerald Espeon (Manchurian Agent).
Negrek (Stalker With A Crush) votes for Emerald Espeon (Manchurian Agent).
Hyde (Minion With An F In Evil) votes for Emerald Espeon (Manchurian Agent).
ole_schooler (Staff Chick) votes for Emerald Espeon (Manchurian Agent).
Blaziking the Adept (Crazy Prepared) votes for Emerald Espeon (Manchurian Agent) [OVERRIDDEN].
Kratos Aurion (Sir Swearsalot) votes for Emerald Espeon (Manchurian Agent).
Rai-CH (Willing Channeler) votes for Emerald Espeon (Manchurian Agent).
Wargle (Mysterious Informant) votes for Emerald Espeon (Manchurian Agent).
Crazy Linoone (Death Seeker) votes for Emerald Espeon (Manchurian Agent).

FINAL TALLY: 15 Emerald Espeon (Manchurian Agent), 1 abstain.

Emerald Espeon (Manchurian Agent) is dead. Mafia.
Dannichu (Meta Guy) genre-analyzes Emerald Espeon (Manchurian Agent).

NIGHT 6
-------
EVENING
Rai-CH (Willing Channeler) channels Dave Strider (Praetorian Guard).
Blazie (Swiss Messenger) blocks ole_schooler (Staff Chick).
Meowth (Swiss Messenger) blocks Ketsu (Mysterious Informant) [RANDOMIZED].
Rai-CH (Praetorian Guard) guards newt (Intrepid Reporter).

MIDNIGHT
Minnow (Big Bad) attacks newt (Intrepid Reporter).
- newt (Intrepid Reporter) is guarded by Rai-CH (Praetorian Guard). Rai-CH successfully counterattacks. Minnow is on the death queue.
ole_schooler (Staff Chick) heals newt (Intrepid Reporter).
- Blocked by Blazie (Swiss Messenger).
Kratos Aurion (Sir Swearsalot) strikes newt (Intrepid Reporter). newt is on the death queue.
Fruity Walkerloops (A God Am I) makes three guesses:
- Midnight (Staff Chick) is The Medic with the power of White Magic. False.
- Midnight (Staff Chick) is a Mysterious Waif with the power of Healing Hands. False.
- Midnight (Staff Chick) is a Staff Chick with the power of Healing Hands. True. Midnight is on the death queue.
Negrek (Stalker With A Crush) commits suicide. Negrek is on the death queue.

TWILIGHT
newt (Intrepid Reporter) inspects Negrek (Stalker With A Crush) [RANDOMIZED]. Not mafia.
baiyune (Inspector Lestrade) inspects ole_schooler (Staff Chick) [RANDOMIZED]. Mafia.
Negrek (Stalker With A Crush) eavesdrops on Midnight (Staff Chick). Powers: I Know Your True Name; players: Fruity Walkerloops.

DAWNBREAK
Minnow (Big Bad) is dead. She was mafia.
newt (Intrepid Reporter) is dead. Mafia.
Midnight (Staff Chick) is dead. Not mafia.
Negrek (Stalker With A Crush) is dead. Not mafia.
Grammar Nazi (The Dragon) is promoted to Big Bad.
Dannichu (Meta Guy) genre-analyzes Minnow (Big Bad), newt (Intrepid Reporter), Midnight (Staff Chick) and Negrek (Stalker With A Crush).

DAY 7
-----
ole_schooler (Staff Chick) votes for Flower Doll (Non Action Guy).
Jack_the_PumpkinKing (Mysterious Informant) votes for Flower Doll (Non Action Guy).
Hyde (Minion With An F In Evil) votes for Flower Doll (Non Action Guy).
Dannichu (Meta Guy) votes for Flower Doll (Non Action Guy).
Blaziking the Adept (Crazy Prepared) votes for Flower Doll (Non Action Guy).
Rai-CH (Praetorian Guard) votes for Flower Doll (Non Action Guy).
Kratos Aurion (Sir Swearsalot) votes for Flower Doll (Non Action Guy).
Polymetric Sesquialtera (Eldritch Abomination) votes for Flower Doll (Non Action Guy).

FINAL TALLY: 8 Flower Doll (Non Action Guy).

Flower Doll (Non Action Guy) is dead. Not mafia.
Dannichu (Meta Guy) genre-analyzes Flower Doll (Non Action Guy).

NIGHT 7
-------
EVENING
Rai-CH (Praetorian Guard) guards Kratos Aurion (Sir Swearsalot).
Blazie (Swiss Messenger) makes no action.

MIDNIGHT
Espeon (The Medic) heals Kratos Aurion (Sir Swearsalot).
ole_schooler (Staff Chick) heals Jack_the_PumpkinKing (Mysterious Informant).

TWILIGHT

DAWNBREAK

Original TV Tropes Mafia Concepts

There were a few main ideas in this setup:

- There was substantial setup for betrayal within the mafia. One of the mafia members was The Starscream, whose goal was to kill and replace the Big Bad, and an additional mafia member was a Minion With An F In Evil, who was secretly aligned with the innocents but was forbidden from naming or hinting at the identities of their fellow mafia members within the thread. The intention was for the former to strategically stab the Big Bad in the back at an opportune moment, and for the latter to try to steer the mafia astray from within mafia chat. Neither worked out terribly well; the mafia was just struggling for most of the game, to the point that one of the Non Action Guys was converted to the mafia's side by GM intervention just to stop them from losing as horrendously as they were set to.

- There were two kinds of doctors, two using magic and two using nanomachines; being healed with both at the same time would cause a healer clash and kill the player, while being healed with two of the same type was harmless. The main idea behind this, I think, was to balance the doctors in a game of this ludicrous size. In addition, there was a mafia doctor able to use both kinds of healing, with the intention that they would intentionally cause healer clashes when they wished, or else safely heal the mafia if they preferred.

- The Stalker With A Crush was a one-sided lover slash watcher who could learn the names and power tropes of everyone who targeted their crush and relay it to them, and whose primary win condition was to keep them alive.

- The Meta Guy learned the role trope of every player who died while they were around, giving town more clues about the setup.

- There was both a regular sane cop and and insane cop role; however, the insane cop's role PM strongly hinted that they had a sanity thing going on.

- The Death Seeker's win condition was to be killed by the mafia and subsequently see an innocent win.

- The Eldritch Abomination was just a regular old alien (standard on this forum), but in this game they had a true believer aligned with them who'd try to ensure their victory.

- Sir Swearsalot, my favorite role (and not only because I created that trope), was an outgroup mafia who could kill by posting "Fuck you, [username]" in the thread (a Precision F Strike).

- A God Am I was a third-party role that could kill up to three players per night by naming their role and power trope, and would win by killing the final player of the game, which they could do even after dying.

- Mysterious Informants were vanilla townies except each of them was given a hinted piece of information about the setup, which I hoped would be discussed during day discussions, let people have fun figuring out what they were getting at, and give some otherwise-vanilla innocents something special to do. One of them was told that "language can, in fact, be surprisingly deadly, if employed with enough precision" (hinting at Sir Swearsalot), another was told about the two types of doctors, another about the presence of a mafia doctor, another a hint that there was only one mafia faction, another a hint that the non-sane cop was specifically insane, and another a hint that revealing your true name could be dangerous. I hoped that e.g. the cop Mysterious Informant would reveal their information, allowing the insane cop to deduce with reasonable confidence what their results meant, that the doctor Mysterious Informants would help town strategize around healing, that the true names Mysterious Informant would discourage people from giving out their trope names too easily (to make A God Am I's job harder), that with the help of the Sir Swearsalot Mysterious Informant the town could figure out how their targets were dying, etc.

Other roles in the game were standard or variations on standard roles.

The Revival

The design of the revival game was based on the original TV Tropes Mafia, but with various adjustments made for balance, fun, and excising anything that'd been spoiled by virtue of existing in the previous game. Thus:

- I still kept the conflict within the mafia element, but in a different form: there would be a Man Behind The Man, unknown to the rest of the mafia, and the Big Bad would be loyal to them over the rest of the mafia, while the rest of the mafia would be motivated to kill the Man Behind The Man should they find out about them.

- I kept the two kinds of doctors, although I made the mafia doctor outgroup, and there was only one of each of the town healers.

- I kept the Stalker With A Crush, Meta Guy, Death Seeker and Mysterious Informants (with their information adjusted appropriately). Unfortunately, my Mysterious Informant info hinting at the existence of the Man Behind The Man was far too vague and everyone took it to mean the mafia was messing with death flavor or something.

- The Eldritch Abomination's underling became aware of who the Eldritch Abomination was (which they weren't in the original); I hoped this'd lead to more interesting play from the underling, who'd be able to actually play the long game. (In hindsight, I think I should have made them both know about each other, or even given them private communication.)

- Alas, I could not reuse Sir Swearsalot, whose gimmick relied entirely on people being unaware that such a role existed; however, instead I introduced the Body Snatcher, another role with a day action triggered by discreetly saying a certain phrase within the thread, which could in theory be noticed by other observant players.

- A God Am I was nerfed. In the original game, people didn't really refrain from giving out their tropes much, and A God Am I cheerfully killed a lot of players from beyond the grave. While that was more okay in a fifty-person game, I didn't want that here. Additionally, their win condition had been a little inane, relying on the idea of them killing the last player, which could only happen if the game happened to proceed such that it'd end up with three or fewer players left, something that'd be in no way under A God Am I's control. Instead, I altered the role to just win in one fell swoop by successfully guessing the tropes of every living player. Initially I said they'd get one guess; then I realized that was too much of a nerf and made it three guesses.

Mistakes Were Made

The creation of the setup was pretty rushed, as I was anxious to get the game started at the beginning of April as promised. In addition to the individual role missteps mentioned above, I made several other mistakes in designing and GMing this that I'd like to acknowledge.

"Not Mafia"

Players in this game flipped "mafia" or "not mafia" on death, where "mafia" meant the player was one of the mafia killing roles, i.e. roles able to inherit the mafia nightkill, and "not mafia" meant not that. This is how I've always generally GMed games on the forums; the original rationale behind doing it this way is that then a mafia flip makes it clear to town when they've made actual progress towards their win condition (roles that flip "not mafia" are roles that the town does not need to kill to win).

However, this just caused a lot of unnecessary confusion and was a really poor game design choice for a game like this. It was not at all obvious what these terms actually meant in flips (obviously people will associate them with alignment), and this continued to confuse people throughout the game. VM's role PM in particular talked about "the first non-mafia player to die", meaning non-mafia as in flips not mafia, but there was literally no way for VM to know that it meant that and not alignment. I didn't want to basically confirm JackPK was in some kind of gray area by making some kind of correction, and silently changing how flips worked would have been unfair and even more confusing, so I stuck with what I'd established and hoped it'd be enough for town to have players who were aware this was how flips work in my games, but this was terrible and I'm sorry you all had to deal with this ridiculousness.

Not Enough Killing

When I was designing the setup, I threw out and changed a lot of roles from the original TV Tropes Mafia. The original had Praetorian Guards, bodyguards with a 50% chance of deflecting a nightkill back at the killer... which led to the Big Bad getting killed on night zero, and then again on night six. No way was I doing that again; it was a major part of the reason the mafia was doing so badly in that game (the other part mainly being all the backstabbing). A God Am I was overpowered and caused far too many deaths; let's nerf that to not kill anyone. Can't reuse Sir Swearsalot; don't need a terrorist.

I only realized after the game had started that waiiit a minute, the only ways people can die in this are the singular mafia kill, lynches, healer clashes, and lover suicide for the Stalker With A Crush. Odds were there'd only be one death per night, with maybe a stray healer clash here and there but probably negated by the chance of a healer getting the mafia's target. For a 25-person game, this really wasn't enough deaths. The game'd probably drag on for way longer than it should.

After brainstorming solutions with opaltiger, I decided to add in an intervention that could in theory have been intended from the start: the Non Action Guys would be promoted on N2, one Taking A Level In Badass and becoming a town vigilante, one having a Face-Heel Turn and becoming a terrorist (so as not to screw with the game balance too much). That way, we'd start off easy, give most people a chance to contribute, and then we'd get more killing going after the first couple days with the vigilante. Uuuuunfortunately, then Eifie got immediately killed. I considered further interventions but decided against it; the game'd just have to play out. I really should have actually thought about this properly before the game began, of course, and designed it better to make it go quicker without this sort of ad-hoc patching needed.

A God Am I

Although the original A God Am I had been too powerful and able to kill too many people, I'd nerfed them too much even after giving them three guesses, because there was no reasonable way for A God Am I to learn most of the mafia's tropes, since obviously they wouldn't claim them in-thread, the Meta Guy could only learn the role tropes of dead players, and the Stalker With A Crush could only learn the power tropes of players that could actually target people. The best A God Am I could do was just to look up villain tropes and make a wild guess. Eventually I figured giving Boquise access to graveyard chat would give him more of a fair chance (dead mafia might share something about their roles), but this was a totally bungled role and I'm sorry.

Reacts

Last time we played mafia on the forums, reacts were not a thing. With the forum software upgrade, reacts added a new way for players to communicate with each other, and although reacts were mostly used to acknowledge funny posts or express agreement quicker than actually having to type out "I agree with this", they also created a semi-private means of communication between players, which Vipera Magnifica tried to use to signal to the mafia that he was on their side. As it happened they didn't pick up the signaling so no harm was done, and obviously there were no rules against this and to VM it was simply a clever loophole that I don't blame him for making use of. But I should have thought of this and either disabled reacts in the mafia forum or set some very specific rules about how they're allowed to be used.

Last edited:
- I still kept the conflict within the mafia element, but in a different form: there would be a Man Behind The Man, unknown to the rest of the mafia, and the Big Bad would be loyal to them over the rest of the mafia, while the rest of the mafia would be motivated to kill the Man Behind The Man should they find out about them.
it's amusing that in the Original Game I was a victim of the mafia conflict (backstabbing) and in this one I was the direct cause of the conflict (being the Man Behind The Man)

that longpost is SO hot, i love it

God, I had an absolute blast here.
Fun fact: did you know that the lovers claim was spur of the moment? I had no idea how much it would change the game, I just hoped it would buy me and Mawile time. I squandered ALL towncred and still managed to live to D7 :D Literally we were talking about it in our chat and I was like "what if i claim lovers with you :O it would be AWESOME and just might work" except it was a lot, lot more panicky than that.

did you know that the lovers claim was spur of the moment?
i'm going to be mad about this until the day i die
i can't get over the fact that it worked. and that i let it work. UGH! well played sir, i love you and you know this

also yes! i have nothing cool to say about the post-mortem at the moment, but this was just an absolute blast tbh and i'm glad that the players of the original tvt get some closure on this fine day.

i can't believe I helped mafia win by doing NOTHING

I also can't believe I achieved my Winninger Condition without doin ANYTHING amazing. holy shit mafia is overwhelming

Big thanks to Butterfree for hosting, and for finally letting us in on what was going on behind the scenes with TVTropes Mafia I. This was a great idea for the first mafia game on Xenforo, and it's great to get some closure on the old TVTropes Mafia with both the endgame reveal and the reprise that actually got to finish. It feels like it's been ages since you've run a mafia game--you should host more often!

Also, a big thanks to all the other players! This game was exactly as much of a wild ride as expected, and that was thanks to all of you. The mafia played masterfully, and every body else seemed to get some real mileage out of their weird roles. The bodyswap shenanigans sure were a thing to watch.

And ultimately, it's not really about who won... It's about the memes we made along the way.

And now I don't feel as sucky for screwing serimachi out of the win

if you exclude the fact that I did it by screwing the rest of the town out of the win as well

Did you guys know that I spent a couple of days panicking at opaltiger about how the mafia was going to lose so badly again, and seriously considering giving the mafia mooks extra guns
omg is that why you brought opaltiger into our scumchat

Back
Top Bottom