• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

ignore copypaste error at the top. i was originally gonna write about how day 2 in the original was super weird

Qhyrref.jpg

but alright, I will not try to post all my wrap-up thoughts in minion memes-

this was a trying game for sure! I'm a lot better at running mafia than at playing it, if I daresay so, and it felt like we were packing little force to contest town with. we ended up with an astonishing bevy of outgroup helpers -- more than once as a result of GM interference, as it turns out -- but regardless, I feel that we were fortunate to make it all the way like so. not to say I'm chalking our win up to luck, though, because that luck was only enough to effectively make victory out of the grandstandings that some of our folks put on there. seriously, kyeugh, herbe, that was a rally to remember, and I hope you two will

and oh, a fun fact about the matter of death pacing: I actually suggested to the group that we abstain from killing N0, just so as to not kick anyone out early from the first TCoD mafia in ages (and that it'd confuse you all would be a feature, not a bug). ultimately, the reason why we decided against it was that we figured it was going to take forever to kill our way through 25 entire players. seems that was a nice catch, after all, huh?

now hopefully, once we're back to games that are more like standard-size, we'll also be able to expect more consistent pacing, and not all the posts followed by none of the posts-

If I may barge into y'all's lovely thread for a moment (someone's gotta reminisce about dear old TVTM the First, after all)...

and an additional mafia member was a Minion With An F In Evil, who was secretly aligned with the innocents but was forbidden from naming or hinting at the identities of their fellow mafia members within the thread.

oh thank god, he was actually innocent-aligned

I felt bad about offing Superbird since ostensibly we should've been on the same team but I just got so annoyed with him—honestly unreasonably, reading back, he really wasn't as obnoxious as I seem to have thought at the time—so boy do I feel slightly-less-bad about that now that I know he was technically innocent, haha. I did my job kind of okay!

...and then I merked the mafdoc and went and voted off a bunch of other mafia :D

Also lol at the number of times the mafia tried to kill me and people were scrambling all over themselves to protect me :D I would six-foot hug Espeon if he were still here, awwww. So many people determined to make sure I'm actually allowed to play a game of mafia! If only they knew that this time they shouldn't have bothered!

And so it remains the case that when I'm innocent I don't survive to endgame 99.99999% of the time (and usually die in the first three milliseconds of N0), and when I'm mafia I last for a respectably long time but do an abhorrent job of actually playing to my win condition. Oh well!

Anyway! Enough about me being bad at mafia a million years ago. This was an amazing game to watch on all accounts! I wish I could've joined you guys, but I know I didn't have the ability to keep up with it... and especially after those first two days ended up being the way they were, dear god. But they were wonderful days to follow along at a slightly more reasonable pace. Fun to try and sort, top-notch memery, and just watching everyone have a good time was fantastic.

Also I had a gut feeling from the beginning that at least one of kyeugh/mewtini was nontown leading the village by the nose, so yay? But I couldn't substantiate that logically because they both played so damn well. (Though I suppose mewtini was actually shrugtown for most of the game anyway, so towny play makes more sense...) I'm super impressed by everybody, but especially you two. The town absolutely did the best they could with what they had, at the end in particular, and the swap shenanigans were a cool idea, but... yeah. Just damn.

Hopefully I'll be able to get my head screwed on straight one of these days and actually get to die on N0 play with you beautiful people again, aw.

Oop, forgot a thing. Yes, big thanks to Butterfree for putting this together—even just spectating was a blast. And thanks for finally dragging v1 out into the light for us to see! A shame that we weren't able to finish, but this was a worthy successor even so.

Also I had a gut feeling from the beginning that at least one of kyeugh/mewtini was nontown leading the village by the nose, so yay? But I couldn't substantiate that logically because they both played so damn well. (Though I suppose mewtini was actually shrugtown for most of the game anyway, so towny play makes more sense...)
oh, thanks!! i'm both surprised and very glad that my first game shenanigans inspired this emotion honestly.
(also i wish i had had that gut feeling about kyeugh tbh ... ! she played too well)

Hopefully I'll be able to get my head screwed on straight one of these days and actually get to die on N0 play with you beautiful people again, aw.
kratos ... pls

A few thoughts on quotes:

"Town just got exekyeughted 😎,"

Best lines 2020

Her house is adorable and full of cute Pokémon. There is not a suspicious business card in sight.

This is my favorite line all game Imao but only because of advertising

- Sir Swearsalot, my favorite role (and not only because I created that trope), was an outgroup mafia who could kill by posting "Fuck you, [username]" in the thread (a Precision F Strike).

xD i would have loved to be this. I also wonder how a musical world theory trope thingy would fit into this game, since we went on to the "tropes that butterfree made." (Don't ask how i know that butterfree made that)

Back
Top Bottom