• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Frontier Town Frontier Town Outskirts

Bellatrix crossed her arms in thought. "It's the most likely explanation, yes. But why only now of all times?" she asked. "The quarry was not the first time a human crossed paths with Owen, after all."

"Humans can't naturally understand Pokemon," Mhynt said. "However... with time, proximity, and perhaps even an understanding..." She nodded. "Yes. Perhaps it just required time, and realizing who Owen was. It's... very soft-science and not well understood. But it fits the pattern."

"Depends on the world and the person. It may be worth to take a group of known humans and then ask who may be able to understand him the next time we encounter Owen," Bellatrix said. "Hopefully, the next time will be the last under Alexander's influence."

"I certainly hope so," Mhynt said, "but he's going to be more cautious this time. Alexander is not reckless. He's much more calculated than his nature would suggest. It would take a provocation and true vulnerability on our part to draw him out..." She rolled her eyes. "And with that idiot Saint getting in our way, we have our hands full as it is. Have you heard of that?"

"I do not doubt that. He was encountered before in Blaguarro and played the fool to make himself appear nonthreatening. I would be... immensely concerned, moreso than I would be now, if it was not an act."

Bellatrix nodded at Mhynt's question. "Over the communications. Between it and the knowledge that some Saints are no longer with us, it does not seem that this world has a very good track record with its gods, if they are gods to begin with and not just regular pokémon with too much power and an ego." Not too much unlike Alexander, now that she thought about it.

"I see them as little more than mortals who acquired a little too much power," Mhynt said. "We've heard little word of any true, celestial gods who actually dictate the world's fabric. It seems to me they operate within its fabric. Not gods... unless you could a Pokemon's grasp over similar energies to also be godly. but if that's the case... what difference does it make from them to us? Magnitude, and little more." Mhynt sighed. "I'm... not in a proper shape to take on the one they know. But I suspect there are others. I plan to do some ego cutting if I must..."

Her tone suggested she was willing to go further, if these so-called 'Saints' are any worse.

"People getting power they do not deserve is a common theme here, it seems," Bellatrix added ruefully, very clearly on the same page. "I am all for cutting them down to size if they prove unworthy of those abilities." The Cipher admins came to mind. She did not know what their ultimate fates would end up being but she was more than happy to leave them rotting in the HQ for the rest of their lives to live their consequences of their own decisions.

"If that 'Saint' or any of his peers proves unworthy, then someone else more capable can take on the mantle once he is dealt with."

"I don't know how the inheritance of that power goes," said Mhynt with a pensive frown. "If some gods are outright dead, that means that if they do not find a successor, then so ends that Saintly line." At least, that was her deduction on it. "...I suppose if you combined those factors together -- mortal minds in ageless bodies, the risk of losing a lineage if you don't get a successor, and of course the apparent lack of bringing about new Saints -- it's no wonder this world is losing its gods."

She huffed out through her nose.

"...But if these Saints are among what's left, perhaps culling would be in the mortals' interest. We shall see. It's possible they are corrupted by Shadows or Radiance, and--" Mhynt's expression darkened. "...And if they aren't, they could be later. We've already seen that happen before..."

"If they cannot be reasoned with in any way shape or form, then yes, I doubt much would be lost if they were to disappear." It didn't sound like that this "Zapdos" provided anything major in terms of Sainthood either way. "Did those who encountered this Saint notice any hint of either Radiance or Shadow?" Bellatrix asked.

"None was mentioned," Mhynt said. "But if I happen to run into one... I'll do my best to tell. If they have nothing of the sort..." She flashed her blade thoughtfully, gently carving another one of the rocks. "Then the only corruption they have is of the soul."

A nod of agreement. "Either way," Bellatrix then said. "Those are judgements best reserved for when we encounter one again. For now, it is getting late and you won't be able to fight efficiently whilst exhausted." Bellatrix gestured towards the town with her head and turned to leave. Not that she could force it. Perhaps another day, at a better time, she would have the chance to spar with the grovyle but for now, she was satisfied with the discussion they had.

<><><>​

Back
Top Bottom