• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Funny Moments at School

I have a friend who has glasses, but she never wears them to school so she constantly has to ask me and another friend to read the homework or warmup or whatnot for her.

So today during band class, I'd decided that I was going to April Fool her by telling her the wrong homework (she wouldn't know any different). I walked up to the other friend and told him what I was planning to do, and asked him not to tell the visually-impaired friend any differently. He agreed.

Near the end of the class the three of us had, I was waiting for the glasses-friend to ask me what the homework was, but instead our other friend asked her if she wanted to know the homework. She said yes, and the other friend told her it was to read sections 2-4, do the vocab and all the questions.

... the actual homework was to read section 2, do the vocab and questions 1-3.

She didn't question it. 8D

In Biology I realised that both the two pads of paper I'd bought yesterday afternoon were plain and not lined. Also at the end of the day I made myself a daisy chain necklace. 8D

In Maths, the boy who sits behind me noticed that there was only a minute and a hlaf left until midday.

"We have to fool the teacher in a minute and a half!"
"Umm... okay, you call her, and when she looks, I'll shout 'SMELLS!'" (best we could come up with in the time limit)

So then he was just calling the teacher for a minute and a half and she didn't look at all so we didn't get to shout out April Fool's :(

Today my English class switched classrooms with another freshman English class. Their teacher was in on it and helped us figure out where the heck we were supposed to go.

When my teacher entered his class, he just stared, and everybody started cracking up.

Nothing funny for me today 'cause we're on Spring Break :P

But I do have some from a band activity in a different school on Saturday a long time ago:

So the French horn player met a guy she really liked there >:D

Girl: *is sitting on guy's lap*
Me: *random* And you know you can't charge him with rape, because you want it just as bad.

We were on a roll after that:

Jake: *starts reciting the definition of 'orgasm' from the dictionary* The height in sexual activity...
Me: *continues* ...usually signaled by the ejaculation of semen by the male-
*everyone starts laughing*
I'm their geek :3

We got bored so we decided to play hide-and-seek:

Me: *while person is still counting* *runs up to concession stand* Can I hide beneath your table?
Guy: o.o Um... No. But you can hide behind the coolers!
And then around fifteen minutes later:
*all the other people walk by to get food and drinks* (They still hadn't found me >:3)
Riley: Wonder where [me] is?
Me: *pops out from behind coolers* Hi!
Jake: :O *points*

And after our yearly exams, we weren't supposed to be doing anything but reading or sleeping, but one of the boys had a ball that he got off the teacher's desk:

Whole class: *throws ball around to each other*
Teacher: *after about twenty minutes* I know what you're throwing around.
*class throws it around faster and starts hitting it on the overhead and teacher's desk*

Ahahaha she never got up to take it from us :D

So today I was listening to the announcements, and at one point the principal and somebody else (sadly I don't know who he was) said that, despite telling the classes to stop leaving trash around the quad and cafeteria, apparently there was more trash than normal in the quad/cafeteria. They said that each class would have to eat in the cafeteria with seats based on alphabetical order and they would bring tables from the Math building if they had to to accommodate all students. I started complaining to my neighbors about this, and then the screen switched to the "Lunchtime Weather Report" (my band teacher loves this for some reason).

The girl in the weather report said it was sort of pointless due to the inside-rule, but that it would be good because it was supposed to rain through all four lunches anyway.

The announcements went to the next part - something about a French club meeting - when the announcers said that there was something else about the lunch problem.

So the screen went back to the principal and the other guy.

"April Fool's!"

I love our biology teacher, 'M'. I'll see what I can remember that actually sounds funny typed up. (He talks very loud like he's giving a sermon half the time.)

M: NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE BILAYER CONCEPT? I'm going to keep drawing it like this even though its inaccurate so I'm not insulting your intelligence but you never know.
Class: Yeah, we get it.
M: See how it looks like this? *Holds hands palms away from us and wiggles his fingers between his hands*
M: Everyone do this with your hands!
Class: lol *complies*
M: STOP DOING THAT WTF
He's done that three or four times so far.
Not to mention sitting on people's desks and continuing on with the lecture. Or drawing on the TV with a marker.

Think of a funny fat person who isn't totally gross. That's Berger.
M: See, they look like mastacholi. They draw centrioles in pairs, so its like two mastacholi.
M: Are you feelin' the mastacholi?
Berger: Oh man, I'm feeling that alright
Isaac: stop fucking thinking about food you lardass
Berger: Ohhhh I could go for some mastacholi
Isaac: *fatslap*

later that week

M: And of course, some hungry wit thought it looked like a sandwich. *draws a sandwich*
Berger: Ohhhhhhh
Isaac: Wow, Berger.
M: Are you feelin the sandwich now?
Berger: Oh I sure am...
Isaac: Will you shut the fuck up about food god damnit
Berger: Sorry! I thought you wanted me to!
Isaac: Wait what?

Which reminds me of various quotes in that vein.

"David! Getting out from behind the desk does not require pelvic thrusting!"

"Oh man, retards? I know all about that! duh duh duh duh duh *flails around on floor*"

"Dude, are you kidding? The first time I jacked off I was naked in front of the mirror going 'c'mon c'mon c'mon c'mon'"

*random ass-smack* "WHAT THE HELL" "I thought you wanted me too!"

okay this is getting stupid i'm so fucking tired I have a skewed defininton of funny. like being drunk or something.

Grades 7-9. Best years of my young life.

In Grade 8, my homeroom teacher, Mrs. C, and our LA teacher, Ms. M, had this ongoing "feud", so to speak. We always competed in events that went on in the school. For example, one day we had a fundraiser called Power of the Penny, where homerooms competed to see who raised the much for charity. The winning classroom got a pizza lunch. Enough incentive for me!

Anyway, we were almost tied - I think theyw ere a LITTLE ahead of us - when Mrs. C got this "bright" idea in the heat of the competition. She stole a pair of spare keys, right out of Ms. M's classroom (she gave them back, don't worry). So then, the LAMPS period that day (LAMPS was a half-hour block we got right after lunch to just read or do homework or something), we start using the overhead to shine things into each other's next-door classes through the windows above our classes onto each other's ceiling. First, Ms. M writes "we're still gonna dominate you". Another student draws a crude picture of an ass onto it.

Mrs. C responds by placing the keys on the overhead, and projects their silhouette into Ms. M's classroom. Cue the "OOOOOOOOHHH IT'S ON" from the other class.

This sort of thing continued on until Ms. M started asking for her keys back (and by asking I mean begging). So Mrs. C gave up and gave them back.

(Both of our classes ended up losing - we lost to homeroom 9F, which won like 3 years in a row (BUT WE DID RAISE MORE THAN MS. M). Well, 4 if you counted last year - I was in 9F that year. Whoo pizza lunch =D)

This past friday, yesterday:Friday
Friend: Can I see your tea-in-a-can?
Me: You aren't gonna break it, right?
Friend: I won't.
Me: O.K. *hands tea-in-a-can to her*
Friend: *takes* *puts pointy end of nail against water bottle and uses can like hammer
Can: *spurts tea all over us*

Our teacher (actually it was a sub that day, but w/e) was rambling on about something or other and she said, "Ok, back on topic. I have to stop going off in tangents." To which a student replied, "If people didn't go off on tangents, then we'd all be running in circles."

And only a few people laughed. :(

Math joke...

For some reason, all the 7th graders have started calling each other by their middle names. Now there's one kid who we currently call Thomas (his first name is Chris, I'll bleep out his last name so that pervert stalkers can't get him :X) and we had the oddest conversation in math the other day...
(Note: Eugene is another guy, as is John)

Eugene: Hiya Thomas :D
John: Hi
Thomas: Hi
John: Were you named Thomas after, you know, Thomas the train?
Eugene: Hey, at the beginning of each show, doesn't the one guy say that it's dedicated to his loving son Christopher?
John: And isn't one of the trains named [Thomas's last name]?
Everyone: o.o WTF

Well.

For April Fools (on April Fools Day, of course) in first period, the entirety of the C Wing (about twenty classrooms, about 17 kids each) all tried to cram themselves into the second-smallest classroom in the building. Ours was the smallest, but it was physically impossible to get more than two classrooms worth of kids in it. So we all tried to go into the second-smallest room.

When the teacher came in and saw about 150 kids smiling at him, he was silent for a moment. Then he backed away and yelled, "Free period!"

Today (yes, this is one of those things that didn't happen last week! Yay me!) we were discussing Led Zeppelin while doing our work in reading:

*everyone starts singing Hammer of the Gods*
Zane: Every time that guy sings he sounds like he's having a freaking orgasm.
*lolness ensues at our table*

Some of the best things go on in reading. Also, while discussing Aerosmith:

*both boys at our table start singing real loud*
Boys: Take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty.
Me: *joins in* Oh won't you please take me home, yeah yeah

Everyone loves to call me their radio :3

Also, we had to make those poems where you use your name and take each letter to make a virtue of yourself, such as:

Boring
Overused
Bland

This one guy had one of his virtues as "intelegent" xD

This is from Tuesday (nothing that funny happened today because I had a bad night and a bad morning and was depressed/guilty all day) :

Jess: You're always gonna be my cheerleader, aren't you?
Me: *jokingly* Still making up for that half a year I wasn't one!
Jess: *doesn't get it*
Once we get up the stairs...
Jess: ...Oh, you meant it literally!

Well actually something relatively funny happened today; I was all depressed and my friend Jeanine tried to cheer me up by stating that she was a "Happy Helper Angel Fairy" and telling me she could fly...if she jumped out a window. ^^

A great deal of laughs have come from a single doodling session I had in RE. Once I was done drawing (On a friend's folder, no less), one of my friends looked at it, and said "So, you've drawn a ghost chasing Pacman who's trying to eat a snail that's trying to fall on two fish who are in love, and one fish has a horn and the other has a dimple?"
He then drew a net under the snail and said "My net will save fish love,".
The next day, in Biology, I was doodling again. I drew a random face screaming in terror, and due to the slight spikyness of the hair, my friend thought it looked like him. So what did I do? I drew the rest of the person, who was holding a net containing two fish. Then above him, I drew a cliff with a snail pushing an anvil off the edge. It didn't continue for another two weeks, when I drew my friend, all squished underneath an anvil. Luckily he'd made it to the sea and the fish escaped into the ocean. However, there was a shark there, about to eat them. The snail chased after them, but it looked like he was too late the capture them, until my friend, determined to save the fish, drew a stick in the shark's mouth, unwittingly allowing the snail to get his hands on the fish.
The snail then put them into his doomsday device and blew them up, along with the rest of the world.
My friend was inconsolable for the rest of the day.

At least until the snail returned, attacking a different planet, full of weird ghost-like things and using all kinds of weapons and vehicles to do so. Now that he'd lost his fish, my friend was supporting the snail and even helped him out now and again.
But, just as the snail was about to conquer this new planet, the two fish appeared and shot him to death with their spaceships.
Rather than be happy that his fish were alive, he was devastated that the snail was gone. I drew the snail's tombstone, which read "Evil Snail: January 2009 - March 2009" ("The snail was only three months old and he killed him!" he said to a classmate sitting next to him). He then added a quote on it.
"Death is only the beginning".
Despite liking the snail, when I drew its wife crying next to the stone, he drew an anvil above it, with the excuse "I don't like snails with hair". It soon became apparent that he didn't like small snails, old snails, teenage snails, child snails or any other type of snail, other than evil snail.
Whether or not the snail will rise from the dead remains to be seen.

...I know, an ongoing series about a battle between an evil snail and two fish who are in love is the oddest thing ever o.O

This sprouted from a not-anywhere-near-funny incident (I wrote about it in the Grr Thread, so if you're interested, look there) , but with my friends, just about anything can turn hysterical:

Me: I was freaking out all yesterday over it.
Jess: You should have been. It sounds very mean, but you should have been.

way back in secondary school throughout years 8-11, Me and Mike used to smother the library walls in yogurt and various other substances. We also made the librarians life a living hell for those years. We also stuffed loads of food into books and whacking mouldy sandwiches behind books.

We had a lot of fun...

way back in secondary school throughout years 8-11, Me and Mike used to smother the library walls in yogurt and various other substances. We also made the librarians life a living hell for those years. We also stuffed loads of food into books and whacking mouldy sandwiches behind books.

I don't recall actively participating in these activities actually. You may be thinking of you and Connor. :)

Back
Top Bottom