• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gen VI Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

Re: Gen VI Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

I VM'd MF and he said he'd be handing down a time extension, so I think we can all rest a bit easier now. :P
That aside, is there anything vitally important I should stay for? I'm feeling sleepy and I need to wake up early tomorrow.

Wouldn't the mafia targeting ILS out them the next day because of his town crier thing? Or does that stop once he's dead, or something? I've never played with so many message-y roles :U 5am mafia-ing is hard.

All the ninjas

I think our current questions are "what happens in the event of a tied vote", "do mafia win when they outnumber innocents, or match them", and "if the mafia outnumber the innocents during the night, but won't during the day, do they still win during the night"?

I don't think ILS should clarify whether it stops if he's dead. Right now it's a deterrent to being killed, which limits viable mafia targets. So in light of that, I think Butterfree targeting Negrek is a fine idea (though it might also be worth it being vague about Negrek or Tailsy, to further muddle the mafia).

I could see claiming night-protection if you didn't have it, but that seems like a risky move if you're somebody's lover. That move would indirectly put more heat on Tailsy, since it means the mafia has a smaller pool of people to pick from, and Butterfree would presumably have died anyway if that happened, so... idk, it doesn't seem like a great tactic to me.

What if VM flips mafia? Should we have Butterfree target him if so, in case he's the don? That sounded like a good idea, whoever said it.

Yeah, good point, if the mafia target ILS then they might get ratted on, so Butterfree targeting me might be the better idea.

Oh right that idea
Yeah, if VM flips mafia, Butterfree should probably target him; otherwise, either Negrek or Tailsy.

I still dunno what question I should ask tonight, though?

Oh right that idea
Yeah, if VM flips mafia, Butterfree should probably target him; otherwise, either Negrek or Tailsy.

I still dunno what question I should ask tonight, though?

Agreed on target VM if mafia.

Have any mafia-aligned players claimed to be in a lover pair? Something about Butterfree and Tailsy.

Oh, right, and before we do the thing, should we wait for ILS and Zexion?

Uhh. I think that Negrek can restate the plan for Zexion during the thing, and I don't think waiting for ILS is vital? It'd be nice if he spoke up, but. I don't think waiting for either is imperative.

If the answer's yes, we can't be sure whether Butterfree or Tailsy is mafia, though.

Yeah, but if you can't ask questions about individual alignment, then that might be a decent way? Plus, I highly doubt one would be mafia without the other.

I'm not just saying it, but then again I suppose I'd say that even if I were, so whatever. I am definitely offering to use it on someone other than Tailsy if you think it would be useful, so yeah, VM if he flips mafia, otherwise Negrek sounds good.

Well, I'm breathing a lot easier with the extension. Do we have the entire plan laid out, aside from blazhy's question? (I'm in favor of you asking if any mafia-aligned players have claimed lovers since I know that will venerate both of us.)

True. There the problem, though, of killing off an innocent and then being matched by the mafia if one is innocent and the other's mafia. I mean, info's info, but it just occurred to me that we might not be able to act on it very well...?

If the answer to that question is yes, then:

1. they're both mafia but not lovers: we kill them both
2. they're both mafia and lovers: not very likely, doesn't matter, we kill one and they both die
3. one is mafia, one is not, they are not lovers: sucks, but at least we've determined that at least one of them is mafia. Pick which one we think is more likely and lynch them first.
4. one is mafia, one is not, they are lovers: we can't win without murdering them both anyway, so... sorry, innocent lover

I don't see a downside, assuming that oracle question is acceptable. Ideally that would come with VM inspecting blazheirio889 to confirm her innocence. If VM AND blazheirio are both mafia, blazheirio could really screw us over by giving us the wrong information there... but we'd also go after VM first with the lynch, since we'd be SURE of his alignment, and that would give us a bit more time to figure out how to work out whether to trust blazheirio's information.

True. There the problem, though, of killing off an innocent and then being matched by the mafia if one is innocent and the other's mafia. I mean, info's info, but it just occurred to me that we might not be able to act on it very well...?

Mismatching alignment lovers pretty much never happen, I think? And if one is really innocent, then they'd have to be misinformed about their partner, since otherwise they'd tell us? Right?

Okay so, if VM flips innocent:
VM, inspect someone other than Mai, Tailsy, or Negrek. ... or Butterfree? Butterfree, I forget, does picking someone up render you immune to night actions as well? May want to inspect me to ensure that my information can be trusted.
Zexion, bodyguard VM.
Butterfree, target Negrek or Tailsy.
I will... ask a question. Yet to be decided entirely.

If VM flips mafia:
Zexion, bodyguard me.
Butterfree, target VM or Tailsy. Probably VM.
I will still ask some as-of-yet determined question.

I think that's about it?

Actually I do recall a bunch of misaligned lovers. The innocent lover pretty much becomes mafia. At least, I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

I mean especially since Tailsy's role seems to indicate she can choose whoever she wants as a lover, it's not implausible that she happened upon a mafia member.

And I just realized I derped at mathing and we actually won't be matched/outnumbered if we lynch an innocent-mafia lover pair, since we'll be sniping a mafia member as well. Whoops.

So I suppose the plan is as follows:

Okay so, if VM flips innocent:
VM, inspect someone other than Mai, Tailsy, or Negrek. ... or Butterfree? Butterfree, I forget, does picking someone up render you immune to night actions as well? May want to inspect me to ensure that my information can be trusted.
Zexion, bodyguard VM.
Butterfree, target Negrek or Tailsy.
Blazhy will ask "have any mafia-aligned players claimed to be in a lover pair?"

If VM flips mafia:
Zexion, bodyguard me.
Butterfree, target VM or Tailsy. Probably VM.
Blazhy will ask "have any mafia-aligned players claimed to be in a lover pair?"

I think that's about it?
(also whoo I've never posted so much in a row in my life I feel like a rebel)

Back
Top Bottom