• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gym Leader Choice Pokémafia 2 - Game Thread

hahaha. wrong person teehee
anyway herbe makes more sense but i kind of don't think anything about him pinged me as activated alien either, he honestly is just kind of like that and i think most people here would have (and did?) write him off as just memeing around
-m

Night One of Tournament Coverage

I am afraid I must come to you, faithful reader, with an apology to start with. I had hoped to see the bonds between Pokémon and trainer on display today; instead, what I saw at the arena was a most suspicious no-show. There was no notice of an expected delay; and after the grace period of fifteen minutes had passed, the wayward competitor proved to be absent from her premises in the official Pokémon World Tournament lodges as well.

Some would say that it was an innocent mistake; others would brand it intentional anti-game. Either way, the paying spectators became wroth with the lack of a battle and took to the streets for some form of retribution; within an hour, they had cornered Jasmine by the edge of a seacliff. This manner of mob justice is... well, I disagree. It would also be a more optimal result if we could know, at the time of this writing, the fate of her corpse; I hope that the authorities will search the coastal shelf thorougly.

In the wake of this unfortunate event, a sickly Ampharos was left behind. I have personally taken custody of it, for now. It does not seem to trust readily, but that is within the accepted parameters. It will only take a day or two for me to complete my Device for Diagnostic Analysis of Enfeebled, Zap-Prone Ampharoids, and I should be able to treat the Pokémon thereafter -- in a most hands-free manner.
-Colress, Researcher, Engineer, and Pokémon Trainer

Zori, the Jasmine, is dead. She was self-aligned.

48 hours for night actions.

Zori(x): Vipera Magnifica, Ysabel, Mr. Ultracool, Tofu, Bluwiikoon, Mawile, kokorico, Stryke
Abstain(2): Hydreigon25, Negrek
Mr. Ultracool(1): JackPK
Hydreigon25(1): RedneckPhoenix
Herbe(1): Zori
Negrek(1): rari_teh
Sem título9.png

Day Two Pregame Column

I don't want to say I told you so, but man... I told you so. These tournament bigshots are already at each other's throats.

What I love about this city, though... is that there's always a new surprise right around the corner. Y'see, they didn't just murder Volkner. They also left behind the most bizarre crime scene anyone's done seen lately. The cops who went there to investigate... one of them got swept of his feet by a tripwire, and the other got a bucket stuck on her head as soon as she pushed the door out. There were zany things like these all over the guy's hotel room... some of them already fired, others were still primed. What really got the investigation team's attention, though, was a big ol' pile of rubble in the corner... and that's where they found the guy's finely charbroiled corpse.

Now, there was also that guy from Striaton... Cilan, I think that was his name. He's gone down a bad way, too, but that was a great deal less subtle; whoever did him in just clobbered him, left him full'a bruises and swollen spots. For all I know, he had it coming, though... I don't know what you've heard, but I've been telling y'all for a long time now: ol' Charles knew there was some truth to that Shadow Triangle theory or however that whole thing went.

Now, the other bigshot's not anyone I know, but I've been hearing things, too. Apparently, he's so crazy strong as a Pokémon trainer, he got bored of battling, so he figured he'd cause a blackout instead. I don't know the details.

Now, you might be thinking that I'm spouting a whole lot of things that have no place in a publication like Pokémon Journal, because it doesn't meet any sort of journalistic standards. Here's the thing, though: I'm not a journalist. I'm a heartbreaker... my name... Charles.

Herbe, the Cilan, has died. He was self-aligned.
Hydreigon25, the Volkner, has died. They were Town.

48 hours for discussion.

Hmmm, my night action got an interesting result on several counts.

So for context, my free night action targets two players (it is not Bus Driver or similar, but I'll refrain on claiming exactly what it is unless it comes down to a fullclaim situation). Last night I targeted RNP and Hydreigon.

I got my normal expected result, plus the "RNP is mafia" result that RNP told us about, plus this:

"and furthermore, hmmmadksfhjajkfakdfbasdkhjazzzzzzzzzzt"

And then it told me I cannot take actions until the night after next.

i forgot that a side-effect of seshas being 3p was that we probably still had a vig though so that's something!
-m
hmm. does anyone have any like ... thoughts about which would have been the nk. neither really make sense to me. i guess this doesn't totally matter but i can understand a vig hitting either, but not mafia
tierlist coming at some point probably
-m

My best guess is that Hydreigon had some kind of role that reactively blocks people who target them, or something like that.
hm ok. so you're thinking that the 'furthermore' thing wasn't from rnp then?
-m
I cannot rule out that possibility, but the RNP thing and the furthermore thing were presented on separate lines, just like my usual result was presented on a separate line, so my gut reaction is that the formatting implies furthermore and RNP aren't related.

My best guess is that Hydreigon had some kind of role that reactively blocks people who target them, or something like that.
I got the feeling from the flavor text that Hydreigon's role has some negative effect on people who visit them

My first thought was granny/paranoid gun owner but that wouldn't be possible if Jack visited Hydreigon

Ah, when I read Jack's post I thought he got electrocuted, which would make sense if hyd picked an electric gym leader

I wanted to try to go back in the sign-up thread and make a list of what gym leader everyone chose (is it posted in a neat way somewhere?) because I'm thinking the flavor text is hinting who caused the death actions based on Pokemon/leader types. Reading through it I can see phrases indicating fighting type (beat up), fire (charbroiled), and rock (rubble)?

Back
Top Bottom