• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gym Leader Choice Pokémafia 2 - Game Thread

@kokorico Unless I have overlooked putting something down on my spreadsheet, you haven't made any roleclaim or obvious hint yet. Given that you're the most prominent wagon so far today, is there anything you can share to persuade us otherwise and/or that would be helpful after you're yeeted?
Probably says something about this game that I'm notable for NOT roleclaiming. smh smh.

I don't think it would be wise to be totally forthcoming when the new EoD is a fair bit off, but I'll do so if we get to this evening and I'm still the leading wagon. For now I will say that my free action is totally useless, and that I have softed my badge action in a way that seems incredibly blatantly obvious to me but apparently nobody's picking up on.

Sup. Is there anyone you feel suspicious of or would be inclined to vote for?
Let's see what I've got rattling around in my head.
The whole Tofu/Blu affair was weird as hell. Not sure whether they're wolf partners but there sure was a weird string of bad(?) play around it.
Speaking of bad play. UC, what the hell. I thought he was town after D1 but since then I can almost believe he's been deliberately being unhelpful. If I had to vote, it would be here.
Stryke is almost certainly 3p.
rari- I would think a poisoner-role would be scum indicating but unless they were legit taking a full mafia role and claiming it to be town—which would be bold as hell—the claim actually makes a lot of sense? wrt the badge power. Last night's kills could have been an Arsonist instead of a Rampage.
Negrek seems legit, Myu too I guess. Neg being legit means Mawile must be too, unless they're the luckiest godfather or something. Actually, what was the specific result on that? Town, not mafia?
Jack is okay I guess.
Ysabel and Kokorico are an entirely blank spot in my mind. I'm going to need to look them over tomorrow.
I used to be suspicious of VM, but he flipped town and the hypothesises I had been working on lie broken.
Hmm, I don't think you ever came back and addressed this. Obviously we know now Negrek killed Herbe, but was this just a guess or do you have mechanical info to suggest Herbe was a recruiting role? (Were you yourself recruited? :unsure: )
I mean, he directly claimed 3p Neighborizer. Which is a recruitment role. (No, I wasn't recruited.)

What makes you say that?
One of my moves directly references outside redirection.

Where are/were you going with this?
Was trying to figure out what exactly had happened that night. I knew there were shenanigans afoot, but I wasn't sure on which end.

Blu's question about whether VM blocks in addition to redirecting was pretty odd, because N0 Blu was the one redirected, and I don't know why he'd have call to believe he'd been blocked at the same time...?
Just to clarify on this - I thought VM was a Jailer at first, and that if he jailed koko and there was also no nightkill, it didn't look good for koko. ^^ That's why I asked!

I had a specific flavour of Jailer in a previous game too, where anyone trying to target the person I jailed would instead target me. I assume that's just how Jailer normally works? Either way, we know that wasn't VM's role now 😅

requested extension
- Negrek
- kokorico
- rari_teh
- JackPK

posted but didn't request extension
- Mawile
- Bluwiikoon
- myuma

didn't post between extension proposal and announcement
- Zero Moment
- Mr. Ultracool
- Stryke
- Ysabel

is this anything? probably not

UC - watcher
Mawile-- confirmed by Negrek
Negrek - JOAT
Myuma-some form of coroner who allows the target to write a last will (actually sounds really useful for town)
rari - delayed vigilante
Jack - badge swapper
ZM- no claim
Blu-no claim
Koko- no claim
Stryke-- something that gains power after death

Anyway I have the impression that I've been useless this game, especially if mafia really has a cannoneer. If it helps sort people out, I am a doctor. My main ability is detect. It allows me to heal my target but it has a setback which I'd rather not mention since it might help mafia. And I used my badge power already. To clarify, one of the badges I received was from Hydre, I'm guessing from having correctly guessed their ability. I didn't want to claim having received any yesterDay since I thought mafia may have a badge-stealing power.

Do we still think that? Maybe that was one of Tofu's abilities? It could be Jack's, but he's been pretty open about wanting to be useful so probably not.

Anyway, you may say what you want Koko but your associations seem a bit flimsy. You say I may be mafia for defending Tofu but I wasn't the only one. And you say I'm the only person that had you at the bottom of my tier list and yet bm and vm seemed to be sus of you. And they both died and ended up being town. And VM was also defending Tofu and he flipped town. So yes, maybe some of the people who defended Tofu were mafia but if everyone defending Tofu was maf, then that would make Jack, rari and Blu mafia too. Anyway, if I'm following what rari is implying, that means that one of those people will die tonight so we'll see and that's probably that.

As for m!Koko's maf team, unsure. since mafia seems to be really uncoordinated. I would say from an outsider's perspective, that Blu rari and I could be a team together but I know I'm not mafia. And if I was, like I said, i wouldn't have chosen RNP as a target but Mr UC since his role can be really useful. Regardless of how he plays. Because a Watcher could find a killer out more effectively than whatever RNP was.

Zero _Moment by poe

You say I may be mafia for defending Tofu
I... huh? When did I say that? I certainly don't remember it, and I can't find it in my ISO. I would be surprised if I had said it, as it's certainly not been reflective of my opinion at any stage in this game; you were solidly in my nullpile up until your posting toDay.

Can you explain why you're voting for Zero Moment? I'm not sure I follow your process of elimination.

I thought that was what you were implyng.

Either way, my poe is:

Negrek is more or less confirmed.
Mawile has a green check from Negrek
rari is delayed vig and unless something weird happened somewhere her claim and actions make sense
blu is ??? honestly i have an idea of what he may be if he's telling the truth but it may not matter anyway
you are also ??? but no one else seems to be willing to vote for you
zm is ??? and i have no idea of what they could be
uc is uc. is there a point in starting a wagon on him? plus his role could be very useful if used well
myuma has a role that could be very useful for town if used well
stryke can't be lynched for reasons
i'm me so it would be weird for me to vote for myself lol
jack is badge exchanger and his role makes sense. may not be AI but i'm willing to trust him. also i know from experience that he has reliable plans (2r1b)

so basically the only two possible wagons today are you and zm unless someone is faking a claim which someone may as well be. but no one except for rari seems to be willing to vote today so xD i'm just offering the alternative wagon. oh and there's the 1 vote for uc. so three wagon ig

---
unrelated: sorry btw, don't mean to offend anyone. if i sound conflictive it's just me playing the game, not personal ^^

Hmm, I don't think you ever came back and addressed this. Obviously we know now Negrek killed Herbe, but was this just a guess or do you have mechanical info to suggest Herbe was a recruiting role? (Were you yourself recruited? :unsure: )
I mean, he directly claimed 3p Neighborizer. Which is a recruitment role. (No, I wasn't recruited.)
Ah, I remember him claiming 3p but didn't remember him claiming any more specifically than that.

Ultracool

Not sure if creating two competing wagons is optimal play, but... I'm fairly sure now that Blu isn't mafia, and I'm still not 100% convinced about kokorico (I suppose I'll ISO him at some point). I'm pretty sure on how I feel about Ultracool though; like ZM said, at this point it seems like Ultracool is actively trying to be unhelpful to town.

honestly i was gonna write a Thoughts Post but i started it last night and then fell asleep, and then people wrote the stuff i was already gonna say

tl;dr of it was that i like ZM and UC the least out of the current group
ZM hasn't really contributed a whole lot other than trying to seem useful in speculating about how the deaths occurred (see posts 855, 1306, 1311, 1402)
UC could just be mafia watcher trying to cover himself up as town watcher, since he claims to have watched himself N1 despite us telling him not to and then forgetting to send in a night action last Night. it's also Weird that he wanted to die so badly when he's both a watcher and supposedly has some way of getting alignments
You're assuming that the Mafia didn't target me-owth of fear that I'd find them, it seems. Personally, I'd hope they'll kill an inforole like meowself sooner rather than later. Also, I can actually get Alignmeownts after all, but in a weird way...
it would be better if I hadn't watched meowself rather than someown else - thus making that the best course of action and the one the Meowfia would expect, meowking it better for them to kill an inforole like me

he also tried to drag in Myuma into his bad self-targeting plan, which could have been an attempt in trying to get Myuma to waste her night action for a night
Speaking of claims, my non-badge ability lets my target write a message on the modpost if they die, so I'll be targeting Zori tonight.
Wait a moment - meowhaps you should target me if we are going with my meowtlandish plan to get me killed to find a member of the Meowfia?

plus his role could be very useful if used well
he's not using it well at all tbh from what he's claimed in thread, so either (1) he's town and is just not being helpful in the slightest or (2) he's using properly as mafia and lying about his actions to try and cover himself up

so 2 for koko, 2 for UC, and 1 for ZM

i'm not particularly vibing with a koko vote atm tbh, which leaves me with the options of UC or ZM to vote for, both of which i would be personally fine voting for right now
so i suppose i'll just do a Zero Moment vote just to even things out for now. (VoteOn, apply pressure to the ZM, etc etc)

there's still 90 minutes left for Day, right?
my main action is Iron Defense, which is a bodyguarding ability. I'm protected from one kill at night, instead of retaliating against a killer, and I can keep guarding after that defense is gone. The reason I've been focused on Herbe is that I was supposed to be protecting him N1. That's why I initially suspected he tried to recruit a Mafia member. After Negrek claimed the kill, I was suspicious that I had been redirected or Witched, though now that I've taken a step back it's possible I was just blocked instead.

are we really letting it rand?

i don’t know if i’m comfortable going through this night without a watcher looking at me or ysa
I wouldn't trust UC to make a good decision at this point tbh. In fact, yeah, I'll put my vote on Ultracool, who's been reacting to the thread but hasn't posted since Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom