• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gym Leader Choice Pokémafia 2 - Game Thread

but anyway. i am currently divided between koko, ysa, and blu to vote for, primarily because of koko's useless night action and the weird thing of ysa/blu healing someone for a second time on the night their targets died

Reactions: Ys_
but anyway. i am currently divided between koko, ysa, and blu to vote for, primarily because of koko's useless night action and the weird thing of ysa/blu healing someone for a second time on the night their targets died
This is pretty much where I'm at too, tbh (without me, obviously). If there's one or more liars in amongst the doctors then I can't see both of them telling the truth, but which one it is I don't know (or is it both?). My heart wants to tunnel Ysabel because she's been focused on me whereas Blu's been more genial, but that is a Bad Instinct and I'm trying quite hard not to listen to it.

I've spent last couple of hours going back through D3 and D4 and mapping out who's been defending/tunnelling whom. The results may surprise you. Will post it as soon as I manage to take a legible photo of it.

i mean personally i might be a bit more inclined to vote Ysabel right now due to noticing that she seems to vote and then Blu follows her lead on who to vote for. like follow the leader, except with votes lol

to be fair i am suspicious of everyone who is alive
f7e.png

I've spent last couple of hours going back through D3 and D4 and mapping out who's been defending/tunnelling whom. The results may surprise you. Will post it as soon as I manage to take a legible photo of it.
also looking forward to this tbh

I was looking forward to powertowning this game but whatever. Oh also, my vote shouldn't be on Jack still; I voted for Hydreigon and figured it would clear that. I'm just gonna place a vote on kokorico if that's not good enough. I don't really feel like elaborating.
seems like VM may have had a reason to suspect Koko? Too bad he didn't elaborate.
It looks like Tofu is getting yeeted today which is... frustrating, because I'm pretty sure she's actually just town. It seems my proposal wasn't really given the consideration it deserves, which is equally frustrating, but I tried. I suppose the cop could check me tonight if that's the assurance they're looking for but I just feel like this ends up with us wasting a night and potentially losing the cop to mafia NK.
tbh i don’t think that’s a waste. also don’t think that the cop is risking to get nightkilled unless a) i’m blind and didn’t notice a blatant soft or b) the mafia has a rolecop who correctly identified the cop N0 or N1

in fact, i think that the cop /should/ inspect vm because his alignment should be the one thing stopping us from putting his plan into action

i’m vibing here more than elsewhere. this will end nowhere but whatever. kokorico
rari was also sus of Koko and she did elaborate on why later on.
in fact, i think that the cop /should/ inspect vm because his alignment should be the one thing stopping us from putting his plan into action
in this case i also advise the doctor to heal vm toNight because, if he’s town, he’s most likely getting offed toNight
idr but was this the day i had to recharge? so wish Mr UC had been on VM :/
Due to how N0 played out I'm inclined to believe VM is town 😲 I can't really say much more, but if my theory about what happened is correct then pog
🤔
BM I'm interested to see if you have a reads list, if you haven't posted one recently already! ^^
1ffff6d108ebf73c5d130ca7f4ead52c--meme.jpg

negrek
ysabel
vm
hqdefault.jpg

rnp
rari

blu
uc
fetchimage

stryke (a bit above null)
zm (null/??)
7f54d338077d216a8a1af407094c93e1.jpg

myuma
jack
tnonmzergj651.jpg

mawile
koko
tofu
probably clear from the list but we vibe with the onset of the koko counterwagon tbh tbh
-m

to summarize. I'm definitely not the first person who's been sus of Koko. I can dig up rari's post. But em saying e is sussing me for following dead town's lead... when we know rari and bm were strong town players and probably so was VM... I definitely don't like. But shrug. Shouldn't have suggested a third wagon yesterDay in the first place, so guess if town loses over that, then it's on me..

Ok here we go. Apologies for potato quality.

Quick explainer: The eight living players are marked round the edges. Any post someone made expressing an opinion on whether or not someone was mafia, or a yeet-worthy 3p, maps to an arrow: green for defence/"do not yeet", red for attack/"please yeet". If someone's opinion changed, or if they restated it, the most recent one is shown. This is correct up to the top of page 80, I believe. Each arrow is marked with the post number I derived it from, but it might be a bit difficult to pick them out - lmk if you want me to read something off for you.

I included Negrek's will for context (and also, for completeness, Hydreigon's outburst, but I can't see what we would read into that even if we were supposed to pay attention to it, so 🤷).

photo_2020-08-26_22-57-19_edited.jpg

So, probably the most obvious feature is that everyone is paranoidly doubting each other to the point of murder, but we knew that already. What I find most interesting is the interactions where people defend each other. If we take the one mechconfirmed person (Mawile) out of this, the only people who have actively expressed a desire not to yeet a specific person

Uh... somehow managed to send an earlier draft instead, sorry. Please continue from here after the photo.

---

So, probably the most obvious feature is that pretty much everyone is paranoidly doubting each other to the point of murder, but we knew that already. What I find most interesting is the pairs of people that have not talked about each other. In particular, the healer claims all seem to have pointedly avoided giving opinions on each other, except for Blu expressing suspicion of ZM yesterDay (after ZM claimed but before Blu did). That's frankly pretty odd, considering the circumstances.

Less important but still noteworthy are the interactions where people defend each other. If we take the one mechcleared person (Mawile) out of this, the only people who have actively expressed a desire not to yeet a specific person are Ysabel, Blu and myuma, and all of them are either at each other or at people who would be self-evidently bad choices for a yeet and don't need any defending (Mawile and Stryke).

I'd also like to add that I already had a slight doubt about myuma, for a reason I oughtn't to disclose just yet. If I survive the Night I'll explain and seek opinions over whether it's sensible or just paranoia, and if I don't, well, at least you'll know from my flip that I was holding it honestly, I guess.

All things considered, if you put a gun to my head and told me I had to identify the scumteam now, I'd go for Ysabel/Blu/myuma. And I'm going to feel pretty silly if fewer than two of those turn out to be correct. Hydreigon, please do not react to that.

I'm going to put my vote on Ysabel, I think, but I'll switch to Blu if you request it, Mawile.

But em saying e is sussing me for following dead town's lead... when we know rari and bm were strong town players and probably so was VM... I definitely don't like.
I.... I explicitly said I wasn't treating that as a point against you, even though I reflexively wanted to. :/

In particular, the healer claims all seem to have pointedly avoided giving opinions on each other, except for Blu expressing suspicion of ZM yesterDay (after ZM claimed but before Blu did). That's frankly pretty odd, considering the circumstances.
i personally think the combination of this + Blu constantly following Ysabel's lead on who to vote for could make Ysa/Blu either w/w or v/v, dunno where ZM fits into this yet. also i'm still suspicious of the weird coincidence of their targets dying the same night as the second heal, etcetc (i already mentioned that part earlier)

I'm going to put my vote on Ysabel, I think, but I'll switch to Blu if you request it, Mawile.
yeah i can vibe with a Ysabel vote. i'm assuming the badge Jack gave you (koko) might be indicative of something, but i'm not quite sure what tbh, so for the moment i will trust you

I mean if you'd have played like this all the game you'd have convinced me too tbh :o
I'll be back later. for now i have to focus on rl stuff :)

i'm assuming the badge Jack gave you (koko) might be indicative of something, but i'm not quite sure what tbh
oh! yeah! i said last night i had something to say about that.

the way i see it, jack had a lot of badges to give out; he took RNP's from Stryke (presumably, unless Stryke is lying fsr), and I don't think it's credible to suggest that he had only one badge of his own and chose to give it to me instead of you. So that's an awful lot of badges that should be sloshing around in the system right now - so to speak - and the only one we know about is the one he gave me. That makes me pretty nervous.

if i'd said this earlier on then i'd have asked to see if anyone was willing to claim having received one of RNP's or Jack's badges last night, but (a) it's kinda too late now and (b) i haven't got around to figuring out what if anything it would mean for the claimers: is it town-indicative or not? would mafia try to lie or not, and does that depend on whether or not they actually received any? is it even safe for town to claim them, or would it make them bigger mafia targets? etc. So, maybe a missed opportunity, but idrk what else can be done about it.

one thing i'd like to suggest, which in hindsight ought to have occurred to me at the very beginning, is that anyone who dies tonight should wait at least 24 hours or so before selecting recipients for their badge(s) - assuming mampers will allow that, and i don't see why she wouldn't. that gives you more information from daytalk on which to base your decision, and doesn't cause any delays to actions. (unless there actually is a badge-powered terrorist, i suppose.)

i didn't receive any more badges which i wouldn't have had any use for anyway.
Also since the only way i'll save my skin is by voting on koko then uwu koko

Back
Top Bottom