• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hamilton Musical Mafia 2021

Mera Hydrei - dead, not mafia
Wisper Qenya

Indigo MF RNP Ultracool Sande - the players that I'm focused on solving in

Bottom line - Ultracool hasn't said anything that could lean them in any direction, I just don't think they've interacted with thread enough to read them
They claimed to have gotten a gun, so we can try to see what we can do with that

@Mr. Ultracool Can you shoot during the day, or during night only? If you can use it during the day, do you have to activate it in thread, or can it be via role PM?

I do think that whoever the gunsmith is has interesting target choices if they're town, but I also see no direct benefit to like, not giving it to yourself as a wolf role? Any more speculation probably depends on the specifics of the gun that Ultracool got

quick guess says the team isn't Indigo/RNP because that team probably wouldn't nightkill/silence two high-posting villagers
If Wisper self-silenced then that's sort of screwy but respectable

I think Occam's razor says gunsmith is mafia and thought that Ultracool would shoot a villager with it without claiming it or something
There's also a chance that gunsmith is town and wasn't really paying attention to anything? That seems sort of weird though

If gunsmith is mafia, then Ultracool has actually zero reason to claim the gun if they're mafia
They just stay quiet and use it as an extra kill the next night
I'm mechanically leaning towards Ultracool being town off of this but obviously the whole thing is pretty shaky

in any case, it looks to me like we may be getting daypost info plugged only into our flavor names, rather than our player names. I wonder if, in that case, it's wise or not for us to start claiming our player names!
M&F STATED THE MAIN GIMMICK OF THE GAME IN THEIR OPENING POST, before I was squinting at sande for doing similar stuff
ahahahahaahahahahaha

very well, then; I suppose our best bet is to bump off sande or ephemera, and then see if one leads us to the other. in that respect, I think sanderidge being scum would be a badbadbad look for ephemera, so, why don't we check out if that's a disaster waiting to happen?
This is why Mera voted M&F

I can't deny that M&F would hop onto the thread consensus like this as town, it's not unreasonable

but I vaguely feel like M&F is saying this while forming a plan about how to pivot when Sande flips villager, then thinking that town would make those sorts of plans too?
This is pretty shaky, but if I had:tm: to vote right now then I would probably vote on M&F

anyways, we need to get voting for real, huh? I'm going to start by pressuring the inactives -- Hydreigon25 first for the sake of, let's just say, originality -- but I wonder, do we have a real wagon to send barreling down the tracks today?
damn bro i have so many jokes stored up for a hydreigon game

oh well

hydreigon25
Re-reading these with the context that Hydreigon was already dead at this point in time, and the Mafia were the only ones who knew that
it looks
not good
(Sorry Mera)

I think there's a decent chance that this is the exact mafia team

M&F
I also think that M&F is mafia they possibly spewed that there are only two mafia in some of their mech speculation

in any case, it looks to me like we may be getting daypost info plugged only into our flavor names, rather than our player names. I wonder if, in that case, it's wise or not for us to start claiming our player names!
M&F STATED THE MAIN GIMMICK OF THE GAME IN THEIR OPENING POST, before I was squinting at sande for doing similar stuff
ahahahahaahahahahaha
jesus calm down, this was also straight up on the day post; if it was a secret it was not a well-hidden one

anyways, with all of this subsequent posting, only three remain missing: IndigoClaudia, Hydreigon25, Ephemera.

I would find it exceptionally weird for IndigoClaudia to be the dead, rather than regular inactive, but they did by all indications target Hydreigon25 on the first night. regardless, though, if it was Ephemera they smoked, well, let's just say I can see the obvious benefit to doing so, being that I was tunnelled on that one and got OMGUS'd for it

anyways, the tidy little scumteam I had in my head is out of the picture; I'm not sure whether to stop worry about sande, but I do have to say that I'm not feeling 100% about this stuff zori is claiming. like, if there is a mafia silencer after all, then the mafia for sure either silenced or killed a player who is straight-up not posting. again, they did shoot Hydreigon25 n0, but still, that makes it hard for me to take that statement at face value. of course, "mafiosx pretending to be silenced in D1" is kind of an insane ruse, but this is zori who would be pulling that. plus, something does strike me as overly convenient about being a townie with exactly two (2 (two)) private comm lines; that would mean I was wrong to assume that this is a two-mafioso setup, perhaps, but hey, it would not be the first thing I'd have been wrong about in this game, amirite

I realize it's not great to make a scumread mostly off mechanics, but this is someone who, possibly deliberately, did not post at all on D1, and then the first things they come out saying are an admission of lying and some of the longest reaches I have seen since dhalsim

i forgot about this game AGAIN. mera come back... maybe they just haven't eaten lunch... ;w;

i've caught up to thread, but there was SO much info in the past few pages that i feel like i need to digest it a little more before i ramble about it. currently i honestly just feel like i understand why zori is usually killed n0. so powerful. ok i go sit with info for a bit

snipping m&f's post to reply to it, since it's kind of long --
regardless, though, if it was Ephemera they smoked, well, let's just say I can see the obvious benefit to doing so, being that I was tunnelled on that one and got OMGUS'd for it

[ ... ]

I do have to say that I'm not feeling 100% about this stuff zori is claiming. like, if there is a mafia silencer after all, then the mafia for sure either silenced or killed a player who is straight-up not posting.
-- what does omgus'd mean,
-- i'm kind of inclined to agree with you on the second point bc there are a lot of things in the tangle of wisper-qenya-zori info that don't make sense?

what the hell xenforo

anyways
I've probably got all the information out of that lie that I'm going to
oh thank god i can stop pretending

uh, to be upfront: what zori is talking about here is that she actually was silenced by someone on D1, but decided to pretend it was her own role in order to see if anyone mysteriously jumped to the correct conclusion. this is the thing we suspected sande for yesterDay
here zori says outright she lied (about something). cool, that's on the table. qenya replies to this post, clarifying that zori was actually silenced, and just decided to lie about exactly why.

btw, i've been assuming that silencing is what "pissed off" means, so: if you are George Washington and have been silenced, please leave a LOVE react to this post so we know who you are and that you aren't dead

...and i guess if you aren't George Washington and have been silenced, leave a GRIN react instead so that i know i'm barking up the wrong tree
wisper left a heart react on this, but posted several times earlier in the day. unless silencing can be done in the middle of the day - and, very conveniently, at a point where there's a message saying "react here if you're silenced!!" - this doesn't make any sense, but...

if you are George Washington
Won't that tell the Mafia who Washington is, though? He sounds like a pretty major character, i.e. a potentially powerful role
Mafia already knew
there's no way a town-aligned silencer targets me N0 and Wisper N1
... zori is also assuming that wisper was silenced, and using it as evidence to clear herself and wisper + say that the silencer must be mafia.

For what it's worth, I claimed to not be able to talk in thread in order to try to bait reactions
Qenya probably already said this
Sande's reaction made me sort of *squint* but I'm not sure they make Mera the nightkill
which is why if there's a town person who killed Mera instead
There's also the chance of the team being something like MF/[RNP/Ultracool/Emmy]? I'm leaning towards something like this if the wolves did, in fact, choose to kill Mera
The first step though is evaluating M&F's posting probably
zori says here she lied specifically about not being able to talk in thread, which means that she actually was not silenced; she just chose not to say anything for a whole Day to see what we'd do. zori continuing to assume that a silencer exists is, imo, incriminating. wisper playing along with qenya's "react if you're silenced" is, imo, also incriminating. qenya i couuuuld clear on grounds of "was lied to by zori", but at this point i'm not inclined to. either all this, or m&f's point about there being really, really, really convenient silenced targets is a thing.

soooo... i dunno. i was leaning towards trusting zori-wisper-qenya before going through this, but i also feel like this is something mafia planned and executed to get control of the game early on. it's entirely possible that i'm paranoid and people were just confusing what they said but i dunno. yall please clarify what this mess is

voting zori so i don't accidentally forget to vote, which i feel perfectly willing to change pending zori's response to these things/other people telling me i misread stuff, but i dunno. rn i feel like that's a wolf team

Back
Top Bottom