• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HeartGold And SoulSilver

The temple is only called Shinto because of its connection to religion(aka Arceus). It would make sense, after all, to name the temple after the nation's religion because you have the god Pokemon with you.

I'm just wondering what English translating will do to it.
There is a 99% chance that they'll censor out any religious references and replace them with random names. Now, I'm not insulting them, but I'm just curious how this will work out.
I've never really seen this reference in a pokemon game before o.o...

Anyway, YES I MUST GET IT.
I'm hoping I can transfer my legends from Platinum, originally my Diamond game, and get them all following me.
I wonder if I should have Mew or my starter following me....?
rinrapefaceplz.gif

haha... ah....

Actually, they may leave it the same, considering not everyone knows the meaning of Shinto. Then again, that would be reason enough to change it, so it would have signifigance to a Western audience.

I'd like to see wailord follow you
=D

(I only had crystal,stupid question) Could you catch ho-oh in old silver?
Yeah, but at lv 70 instead of I think 40.

I believe RS were the first to introduce version-exclusive legends.

I'm gonna take the liberty of changing the topic to Silver. The rival, not the game. More specifically, his parents. We all know Giovanni is his dad, at least that's what's widely accepted. But his mother... well, look for yourself.
Now let's continue the topic of family... to Silver's half brother?!
The resemblance is uncanny. Discuss.
PS: I did not think of this myself, I saw it on GameSpot and thought it was worth posting.

When I saw the first part of your post with Mars, I was like 'Uh... Holy crap!', but then when you got into Roark I came to the conclusion that Pokemon just likes that hairstyle. Really, I don't think it means anything.

That doesn't mean anything. Just because they look alike doesn't mean that they're related. Mars is waaay too young to be Silver's mother and I highly doubt that he's related to Hyouta :|

I don't think Mars is old enough to be his mom anyway, even if he was ten she would have to have had him when she was between 14 and 18 to still look like that. I think she'd be a sister or something, it's more likely.

I'm just wondering what English translating will do to it.
There is a 99% chance that they'll censor out any religious references and replace them with random names. Now, I'm not insulting them, but I'm just curious how this will work out.
I've never really seen this reference in a pokemon game before o.o...

They might just keep it because no one cares about japan's religion outside of japan and it's insane fanbase.

Lest they get another lawsuit by a moron.

I'm not sure about that

Uber-control-freak-christian-mom-of-doom might find a reason to create a lawsuit

Uber-control-freak-christian-mom-of-doom might find a reason to create a lawsuit

But even if they do translate it directly to Shinto, uber-control-freak-christian-mom-of-doom would have to actually download Arceus in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, trade it over to HG/SS, and happen to be in the Ruins of Alph. Alternatively, she can check updates on Serebii or somewhere every day. Wow. Uber-control-freak-christian-mom-of-doom must be dedicated.

But then, if there is just one person like this, they can ruin it for a lot of people via the internet.

Last edited:
Well, I think it's extremely likely that Magikarp will flop around. I mean, he flops around in the overworld in D/P/Pt, and it seemed like he was used for comic relief in a way, when the Galactic bomb went off. I can just see that being some kind of continuous joke.

Religion discussion: I was surprised that the Christian-like church was kept in DPPt, the complete silence in it gave a really need, solemn feeling (not religious btw). Despite being a success, Pokemon has really fallen in popularity, atleast pop culture-wise, if that makes sense. Still, the Shinto place may be renamed.

I'm so excited about this game. My boyfriend has only played the first gen, and I want to get him into this. He chose soul silver and Totodile, so I'm going with heart gold and Chikorita. I hope they improve Cyndaquil and Chikorita's move rosters.

Unfortunetly for us in the U.S (and in other areas I beleive), Japan gets them first. :(

All I've heard is that the release date is sometime in 2010 for U.S and Europe.

Back
Top Bottom